Sign in to follow this  
Dogmatix

FFVIII GFs

Is it worth getting the GFs in disc four? Like, is it too late in the game? I'm m mostly talking about Eden, because I just spent the last hour and a half going down the stairwell in the research center only to get pwned by ultima. And well, I don't have Siren (I didn't realize you could GFs during that battle) so I couldn't find the save point right before the fight. So I'll have to go all the way back down again, to try again. Should I go back for it or just wait?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

yeah all the bosses in the castle have GFs that you missed...except Eden i believe i think you can only get that GF from Ultima...yeah you get siren real early int he game...draw her from the boss on teh radio tower during the exam

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

Hmm, yeah. I know you can get Siren at her castle. I heard that you can still get Eden there, but is it still worth getting her that late in the game? I don't really have a choice about Siren anymore, but should I still try getting Eden on disc three?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

eh you really dont have a choice on getting Eden that late

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

If you want Ultimecia's Castle to be super-easy, work on your junctions, fight Ultima Weapon, and get Eden. He does a ridiculous amount of damage to everyone--at times over 100,000, IIRC. Plus, you can draw all the Ultima magic you'll need from Ultima Weapon. Very useful. And be sure to fight the Tri-Face fixed encounters in the deep sea center (they disappear after you defeat Ultima, so do them before) to collect plenty of curse spikes. Curse spikes --> dark matter --> shaman stone --> rosetta stone = win.

Tellah2.jpg

no without the move-find skill you cant use what you cant see

eppyomega.png

some hidden ones you can i believe...but without the move find you cant use the save points at all

eppyomega.png