Sign in to follow this  
Dubird

The DaVinci Code

Ok. I know people here have seen it. Thought some might like to discuss it. Please remember, flames are bad. Unless it's a bonfire. With marshmellows. *mmmmm*

*ahem*

Anyways, I saw it this weekend, and I enjoyed it. I thought it was a very good story. I don't really think it was anything more than that, either. I've watched all the A&E documentarys and stuff on (and there's been a lot), and for all the theories and speculation and interpretations that people have, they're missing one key thing: proof. It's just a 'plausable theory'. So, no, I personally don't believe there is a code or that Jesus had a daughter. But I am interested in what those of you that saw it (or read it) think of the issue. Or heck, what you thought of the movie. For me, that's all it was. Good acting, good story, CRAPPY filming (yeah guys, take a hint...people do get motion sickness when you film the action scenes inside the action...it was like some dad or something was filming it with a really good quality camera). Anyhoo, that's my two cents on the matter.

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

I was so bored by the book I never finished it. I do like Tom Hanks though, he's usually excellent in everything he does (The Green Mile was one of my faves) I might watch the movie just for his performance.

Dan Brown... eh well sorry I think he's a bit of an idiot. He claimed that the orginizations and scenerios in the book were fact. Ummm... no. He's also got his ass in the shit for plagerisim. I can't respect someone like that. It's one thing to write a fan fic and rip on other stories and characters for fun, but Brown is making big bucks. I hope he loses in court.

Off Topic:

A far as Mary being his wife and having his kid, I think that is a load of shit too. I do however believe that she was the apostle of the apostles and favored by Jesus, to the point where it stirred up the jealousy of the others. I think she had money (probably a widow or was left an inheritence by her family) She supported Jesus' ministry financially. She was the first person to see resurected Christ and he told her about enlightenment and what one experiences after death. The apostles totaly did NOT dig that shit and it was decided that baptisim would be their way of carrying on Jesus ministry.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

I think she had money (probably a widow or was left an inheritence by her family) She supported Jesus' ministry financially.

[/offtopic]

This is heavily believed among historians. She was known to be a very wealthy woman and was the top financial backer to Jesus' ministries. This has been overlooked by the general population as ignorance has made her the unnamed prostitute that was saved by Jesus from being stoned to death.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Pope Gregory the Great started that shit in 591 -_-;

he tried to merge all the Mary's like they did the John's

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Meh, was a good movie. I still think Angels and Demons should have been made into a movie first. Don't know why they chose Tom Hanks to be Robert Langdon, sorry he just didn't fit the part in my opinion.

My only gripe with the movie is that it did a good job following the book thru the first half of the movie but it went to hell after that. Completely rewrote the end of the book for the movie to suit their needs and they left out some stuff from the book that actually made the book a worthwhile read and would of probably made the movie better but hey it's Hollywood, when do they ever care to follow something to a T.

To the issue at hand its widely known that I'm an athiest (or at least I think it's widely known) so I went to the movie for entertainment purposes. Whether any of the stuff brought up was true or not (don't care really, I like the theory of the Holy Grail though from this. Different twist to the story) doesn't really matter. It's all based on theory so I don't know why people get bent out of shape about it. Hell the local Catholic church was out picketing the movie when I went to it on Friday night with my friend. Was really close to telling them to get lives and quit bitching about stuff that was never stated to be true (could be wrong, I don't remember Brown claiming any of it to be true. Most of the organizations mentioned were truely fact but other then that).

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

Hollywood always changes stuff. I did enjoy it, personally.

And Dan Brown didn't say it was all fact. He fully admited it was just a good fiction story. Some people believe about the Priory of Scion being real and he really just expanded on that. I don't know if he personally believes in all of it, but he said in an interview on A&E that it was just a story. He was proud of being able to write a story that was capable of generating good discussion, but the book is fiction.

As for me personally, you'll have to give me good, solid proof before I'll belive that Mary was Jesus's wife and had his daughter. Now, I'll credit you the theory that she was one of his disciples, maybe his top one, and the Church kinda buried that because she was a woman. Knowing what I know about Church history and medeval history, that is completly plausable to me. But that they were married? Na, I just don't see that.

Slightly unrelated note, but we had lots of protests outside the theatre in town about how everyone's going to hell. One of the trailers played before DaVinci Code was for The Omen, a movie about the anti-christ. *LMAO*

acsig2016.jpg

I think people that take it for absolute fact are ignorant seeing as Brown admitted it was a fiction novel. and I think people that protest it movie are just plain stupid. They are just hurting their cause by making a big deal about it. human curiousity just drives more people to go see it. This same thing is what made Mel Gibson a lot of money. Its all a bunch of shenanigans.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Oh hell yeah. You can't BUY advertisment like that! There is not an amount you could spend to equal what the protesters have done in making people aware of this movie. I'm not sure they realize it, either.

acsig2016.jpg

I think it was good. I went the night it opened and ended up sitting in the 2nd row....that sucked I had to look up the whole time and got dizzy often haha but other then that the movie was good. I did find Toms acting a little dry this time round but a friend told me thats how his character was in the book.

As for the truth or not? I'm open to the idea of it being true but either way they do peace together things nicely to make it seem like its all true.

I really don't understand why news and TV make movies like this and United 93 seem like there gonna make people start shooting each other and stuff. When the movie ended everyone just clapped there was no controversy at all. I havent seen any fighting or controvery on the church channel or the news after the movie came out so wtf. I did find this movie more of a recruiting film for Opus Dei hehe.

PS to all you Angels & Demons fans read this.

http://stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3678679a1860,00.html

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

I think other than Angels & Demons and The Da Vinci Code, his other works are really boring. And I enjoyed reading the former ... all in all, I'm watching this movie tomorrow with my parents and sorta expect a lot from Tom and Ron already !

Before the movie release although there was a lot of uncertainty because at a couple of pre-screenings most of the audience didn't like Tom's hairstyle of all the things X'D what'd you guys think ? He / his look fit the Langdon character ? I'd have liked Jeff Bridges play Langdon.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

We watched the Davinci Code last weekend and I thought it was a decent movie, but the latter half went by so slow and I started loosing interest after they showed silas and the priest get shot and that Magneto (sorry, I can't remember the character's name), was actually the teacher and set everything up. The movie lost all it's excitement and mystery after that. and when they showed that the girl was a descendant of Jesus, it wasn't surprising in the least. I never read the book, so I'm assuming the book must have been better... I did like Tom Hank's performance tho, but many scenes seemed so unemotional and at times it felt like I was watching a history or discovery channel special.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

The movie doesn't do justice to the book at all, I found the movie a little boring. Hanks for me was a mis-cast and he just didn't show the enthusiasm Langdon had.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

I really didn't see how it could be sacriledgeiwoerus [sp? XD] because it was fiction. I never considered a movie with Gandalf/Magneto something to be serious about. It was an interesting movie but I wasn't pulled into it mainly because I didn't care for the way they made everything so extravagant when it was simply something not that big of a deal. *-*

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

D_Marx

of course it's fiction, but a lot of people don't have the same grasp of the dividing line between reality and fiction that we do. those are the same people that persicute the poor Harry Potter fans and spend millions of dollars and endless days trying to make the world 'safe' for children consumption, yet all but ignore what their own kids are doing. *rolls eyes*

acsig2016.jpg

old skool (catholic and cristian) churchies refuse to think of Jesus as a human being. they insist he was devine from conception :look: following that line of 'logic' they vehemently insist he never lead a 'normal' life with a wife and kids etc. they think of portraying Christ as married/having an intimate relationship w Mary of Magdela as an insult.

Stories of Mary being the holy grail weren't invented by Brown, just exploited for prophit by the author.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers