Sign in to follow this  
Pchan

Chainsaw song massacre

I need help in finding a software that could / would help me chop mp3 tracks or audio cd files into chuncs / bits, at my own whim, so I can prepare a shorter version of the same track or mix a lil or just take my favorite part of the track away from the whole big track.

I know it sounds wierd ^_^ but it's for my cellphone, I wanted to spice up my ringtones.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Aight, I'm going to try Wavepad and the Win Movie Maker ... hopefully they're both easy to figure unlike ... say Photoshop X'D ! Thanks guys *huggles*

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

I got meself Wavepad first since it'as an external program and wanted to get that checked early, and boy I don't feel like trying WMM ^_^. Wavepad's just so easy to work with when it comes to selections, fade ins/outs ...

Dubird, need your advice, how can I get to amplify the sound to a higher volume ? Some of the mp3's / tracks are either bad quality or taken off some Lps hence the volume of the original track on my computer's low. If there's such feature, it'll really rock ^_^. And, any features you find really effective / cool on Wavepad ?

I've used Sound Forge for such things....though with mp3's you'll generally want to reencode at 256 or higher esp if your source mp3 is 128 to minimize recompression loss.

To raise the volume, you can try "Normalizing" and raise the dB. If your program doesn't have such a function, you can try MP3Gain. Though if it warns you of clipping after you up it, listen to it first...sometimes clipping gets incredibly bad.

botniksig9kz.jpg

Thanks for reviving the thread ! Actually I was going to post on here myself but it slipped my mind.

I was quite happy and comfy with Wavepad till it's free trial period got over. Is there another way around it ? If there isn't I'll try these other programs ^_^

er...not legally >_>

Windows itself has a thing you can chop up audio with not sure if it can handle mp3 though. You could get yourself an MP3 en/decoder (good free one is "Electronic Cosmo MPEGSuite" or whatever that i've been using for years...it's old but free and decent) and decode into .wav and edit that and reencode.

botniksig9kz.jpg