Hell_Cat_18

FFVII: Advent Children

I just finished watching the English version, and I have to say I was throughly impressed. Most of the voices matched up pretty good, Tifa (Rachel Lee Cook) could have been a little stronger sounding. Vincent (Steven Jay Blum) was right on the mark. Cloud, Cid, Barret, Sephiroth and the other character's were right on the money. The only flaw I really saw in the movie, was that the voice over was horrible. Most of the time the voices did not match up to the movement in a very noticeble way. I give it 4 out of 5 stars. You'll have to watch it to find out your own opinion however. Below is a website with a complete list of the voice actors both English and Japanese.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_VII:_Advent_Children

[sIGPIC]What's wrong, cat eat your tounge?[/sIGPIC]

It was better in Japanese. :P I didn't care much for Cloud's voice, not soft enough.. and that voice over issue is noticeable in the bike fight scene. its like everything went quiet while they talked. O_O but in the end everyone's english voices worked out.. except for Vincent's. I was expecting his english voice to be mesmerizng and mysterious.. instead it was Zabuza from dubbed Naruto.. and he was, remember my voice, loud. O_O

aside from that, I'm glad they didn't edit the hell out of the dialouge to match up the lipsynch. it looks slightly off, but the plot is what matters. kudos square enix!

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I noticed that too Lady :( . It was a little weird hearing Crispin Freeman doing the voice of Rude...I kept picturing Alucard lol. Anyway, I will agree with you on Cloud and Vincent, Sledge. I always pictured both being a lot more soft spoken, and mournful. I'm not sure I like how Cid is always portrayed as a Texan either -_-;, but you're right, the plot is what matters. :happy:

[sIGPIC]What's wrong, cat eat your tounge?[/sIGPIC]

we watched the Reminiscence special on the first disk and it was a video with clips from the original game. I loved it! :P oh, and did anyone else look at that Dirge of Cerberus sneek peek on the second disk? that game will have advent children style cut scenes! its going to be friggin sweeter than i thought! :D

The story was okay, and hade great CGI, that's all thats good about, and online is okay...The controls were a little less than a "meh." <_<

Omega Vice was way too easy...The final boss. <_<

7.5/10

It didn't sell much in Japan, but it may sell more here because of all of the VII fanatics that think it's the best FF ever. -_-;

The story was okay, and hade great CGI, that's all thats good about, and online is okay...The controls were a little less than a "meh." <_<

Omega Vice was way too easy...The final boss. <_<

7.5/10

It didn't sell much in Japan, but it may sell more here because of all of the VII fanatics that think it's the best FF ever. -_-;

interesting.. sounds like i'll wait for it to come out on the greatest hits then. too many new games and consoles are coming out for me to buy only a 7.5 game. :P

Actually it does have both English and Japanese audio in 5.1 surround sound. The subtitles are yellow tho. I haven't watched the official dvd in subs yet, so I can't say how good they translated it compared to the fansubbed version. But the Reminiscence special on the dvd was subtitled and it was fine.

I only watched the Bahamut fight because it had everyone voices in it, yeah they mostly suck ass. Plus the the big yellow word aren't actually big...Their fucking gigantic. They made it so big that even blind could read it. =_=

Thanx for the tip up Eva...I may think twice about keeping my pre-order. -_-;

If you love VII you obviously should get it. I've found a bunch of other people didn't like it much either. It just wasn't what they expected or were waiting for... <_<

Thought this was interesting little thing in DoC...

Theirs a not so major character that is supposed to look like Gackt, he's some singer or something, I've never really listened to his stuff but anyways, the chacter is the prototype of the infamous super-soldier, S aka Sephiroth. The Gackt in-game name is G.