Sledgstone

Email programs

I've been thinking of ditching outlook express. It takes forever to load and I'm not crazy about how its always targeted by virus makers, etc. Any suggestions on a new email program? I'd just stick with webmail, but I have about 5 email accounts I like to check in a matter of minutes randomly throughout the day. Is the mail program by mozilla good?

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Firebird's really good and so is this program I've been using for a year now at work (since Outlook crashed) called Incredimail. I love the email received notifyers in there and one of em's a cute dog ^_^

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

I was going to say FireBird, but seeing as how that's already taken, I'll recommend Gmail for webmail, if you were going to make a new email account. Loads better than Yahoo. Especially seeing as how most people I know get a lot of good emails in the 'bulk folder'. Anyway, if you don't have an invite I can email you one.

Another email client is Eudora, though it is not as good as FireBird, since it has ads.

Off Topic:

Wow, the smilie selection has really changed

The only problem I had with Eudora at office was it worked too slow, looked shifty and less smooth (personal opinion/preference). With Incredimail, it gives you the whole XP feel, and with Firebird you really can't go wrong.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Im not really sure... I just use gmail and its pretty usefull...with about 2 gigs of space you dont really need to delete anything, there isnt a file limit when sending larger files or multiple files...you might give it a try but other than that im not sure what else is out there

Goutmister:The world is such a cold place... how am i supposed to live on my own and become someone?

Neo: You have already become someone... someone with a heart colder than any one who you come across...just live your fullest and hate only those who oppose you..love who you can.

The main problem i have with the free email services is that they scan your email for advertising info and revenue. The more stuff you have saved, the more they know about you and the more money they make.

Well sledge thats the great thing about gmail. Not only is it free (upon invite) it doesnt spam the hell out of you... i get about 2 spam letters weekly which is nothing compared to my 437 i got weekly on yahoo. Its worth a try...if you want an invite ask around or i can send you one if you like.

Goutmister:The world is such a cold place... how am i supposed to live on my own and become someone?

Neo: You have already become someone... someone with a heart colder than any one who you come across...just live your fullest and hate only those who oppose you..love who you can.

I wonder how much legitimate email google filters tho.. if its as much as aol... *shudders*

I just don't trust email services and their content scanning for advertising revenue. It makes me feel like I'm a case study and they're profiling me to sell ads and make money. and they try to cover their asses by saying, "its legal as long as we don't sell your info to a third party," yeah, fortunately for google, they recently bought a massive variety of third parties. its all google now and they're using us via free services.

*is paranoid* :P

honestly, i've never tried gmail before. X'D

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg