Sign in to follow this  
Ladywriter

research dosen't have to suck

Really.

I'm up to a part in a thing I'm writing where there is a big huge battle about to go down so I need to be able to write hand to hand combat, swordplay and military commands.

Out of all the shitz I've watched and read 2 commanders really outshine all of the rest. Griffith, leader of the Band of the Hawk and Evil Xena. In fact they have a lot of the same battle strategys particularly useing the waterways around their target as a stage to attack. Griffith uses deception in battle a lot too. Griffith and Caska both are constantly shouting very clear commands.

I need to see hand to hand combat (makes it so much easier to write) so I watch more Xena (man I forgot how violent that shit was X'D ) The best fights were Xena vs Ares and anytime the amazons were getting down cuz they be some hardcore bitches. Forearms to the throat, double jab to the gut, flip the mutherfucker over your head by their ears. Yeah Rite on X'D Of course I also watch Rock Lee fights and the Sasuke retrival arc fights. Neji and Choji hell yeah.

For combat with weapons the fighters I've been watching Gutts (100 men) Griffith and Caska. Zoro. Xena and Gabby.

I'd like to hit up some more Zoro fights, maybe even Kenshin fights :smoke: watch the Alti arc- more bitches kicking the shit out of each other. The Hawks final battle too.

Then I'll be ready to write my war.

See yay! Thats not so bad is it?

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Full Metal Alchemist fights rocked too !! Rock Lee vs Kimimaro, Neji vs Naruto (Chuuinin) ! Sword fights - watch Conan The Barbarian and get a lil viking-ness in yer writing hehe ... you may also wanna watch Patton and Where Eagles Dares for inspiration on military / battle tactics, especially the former.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Sign in to follow this