Sabe

The Stand

This is one hellofa good book. If you haven't read it yet, I suggest that you do so. The reson for this post isn't to disscuss the book, however, it is to give you all some creepy information.

For 30 years, my dad worked for BNSF Railroad. On of the more...curious trais, were the government regulated "X Shipments". The RR was not notified what was in the tankers, just that they were to get safely to the destination.

My dad was assigned to ride with a train once, because the Yardmaster was out on other duties. The ride took them into the Arizona desert, and a seemingly dead end. Then, they were given a radio call instructing both him and the conductor to leave the train for some of the "instillations" men.

They were provided with a trasport all the way back here, but what was so freaky about the whole affair, was when the bus was about to leave the area, a loud metallic grinding was heard, and when my dad looked back, several sections of track had arisin form below the sand... This was some time ago, but he wasn't the only person to make these sort of trips. And to the best of my knowledge, this still happens.

Am I the only person that is kinda unnerved about this?

"There's no such thing as can't. You always have a choice."--Ken Gor, Ying hung boon sik II

[sIGPIC]Dattebayo!!![/sIGPIC]

Thank you to everyone who has ever made me sigs, you are all wonderful!

Have you seen the X Files movie? After reading what ya just said about yer Da, thats the first thing that came into my silly head O_O

The Stand was just amazing. Its on my reading list for the DT fan shrine. The book just sucked you in and there were so many characters, so much attention to detail. It was sharp. Nick Andros was my fav followed closely by Larry Underwood :wub: Larry was some kool shit.

Do I think the govt (not necessairily ours, but sumbodys army) has stuff like the superflue? Ayup. Do I think something like that has ever been used on/leaked out to the public? Ayup. SARS is just one of em

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Not only SARS, but if you remember afew years ago, there was a train that derailed in Chicago, that spilled Hepititis B into the cities drinking water. I found out form some ties I still had out at the RR that it was one of the "X" trains...

"There's no such thing as can't. You always have a choice."--Ken Gor, Ying hung boon sik II

The Stand was a great book! and all the characters were great, except for Fran, damn she pissed me off.

but could the government have something like captain tripps? sure. and the scary thing is they transport this stuff right out in the open, trains, semi's at night (i've seen a few, and i've noticed every single weigh station along the freeway were remarkabley closed during the time i was driving near it).

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Larry Underwood :wub:
I loved Stu too.

When my letter reaches you, please don't break the seal
Just wait a little while, give it time to heal
And I belive you'll understand that this is my last and most loving request

Okay Sledge, that's just cool man...You used me in your IT sig...It's just...

That movie scared the hell out of me. I first saw it when I was five, so I have a stupid fear of that damn clown. And of Tim Curry.

And when it comes to Tim Curry, he always manages to slip in that damn evil Pennywise laugh in every movie he's in...Very cool sig all around, though Sledge.

nd thaks for the publicity!!!

John Ritter did a bang up job as Ben Hanscom in the old It mini series. When he was talking about the track coach and how he lost all the weight, it was so much like the book and so damn Ben~ish

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Okay Sledge, that's just cool man...You used me in your IT sig...It's just...

That movie scared the hell out of me. I first saw it when I was five, so I have a stupid fear of that damn clown. And of Tim Curry.

And when it comes to Tim Curry, he always manages to slip in that damn evil Pennywise laugh in every movie he's in...Very cool sig all around, though Sledge.

nd thaks for the publicity!!!

i didn't put your name in my sig.. pennywise must have sensed your fear and put it there itself. :o

i didn't put your name in my sig.. pennywise must have sensed your fear and put it there itself. :o

Okay Sledge...Not cool man. But I did figure out how it works, because I was checking to see if anyone had replied to stuff without being on, and saw that it changed to "Unregistered". That is one hell of a cool sig.

no sweat Sabe, yer not the first person to go wtf at the It sig X'D

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

no sweat Sabe, yer not the first person to go wtf at the It sig X'D

:rotflmao: At least I'm not the only one...^_^; It just caught me off guard cause, ya know, how often does YOUR name appear in someones sig like that. But yeah, I showed it to my mom and my sister, and they thought it was just awesome. So keep up the good work, Sledge.

i used this sig last year too, its still one of the best ones i've made.. of course lady helped me with it too. ^__^

Okay Sledge...Not cool man. But I did figure out how it works, because I was checking to see if anyone had replied to stuff without being on, and saw that it changed to "Unregistered". That is one hell of a cool sig.

thanks! :D

Its on my reading list for the DT fan shrine.
I'm waiting for this :happy:

Im sure you have the movie Lady. How about a gallery? ;)

I've been meaning top do it. Its just such a long movie and so many characters. :explode:

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

I'm watching this on Sci-Fi right now ... how different is it from the book, and right now before the commercial break King himself featured in it by driving down through Eastern Colorado with one of the chicks who has these dreams about the bad guy.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.