Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

InuYasha series finale

I finally got around to watching the rest of inuyasha.. and I am dissapointed. Season six was a serious let down. The high point of the series was defintely the Shininitai (Band of Seven). After that, the series progressivly goes downhill with a bunch of filler episodes and no plot. It makes sense why the series was shut down, it wasn't interesting any more. btw, anyone notice how kouga dissapeared after the naraku incident? you'd think they'd have even mentioned him and his two shikon shards.. but no.. Naraku would rather go to the afterlife for one shard than go after the two easily accessable ones. :wtf:

whats your opinion on how the series ended?

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I've noticed the past three episodes on AS has been nothing but comedic filler. It's funny, but ... oi, the whole thing with the band of seven took WAY too long. (I think it felt like forever because AS is/was only airing one new episode a week.)

I haven't seen the end, but I've been warned about it by more than one source. So, I know what to expect.

stinkbannermed.gif

stinkbannermed.gif

stinkbannermed.gif

After Bankotsu died, it just went lame. He was definatly the best advisary Inuyasha ever had.

Naraku has this great new body then why aint he got Koga's shards yet? Cuz hes a lame-o too. They have this uber powerful bad guy and he dont do shit. Kagura is just annoying now. Inuyasha is an asshole. he's being a total fucktard about Kikyo and Kagome's dumb ass just puts up with it. :rolleyes:

The villans aren't being used very efficantly and the two main characters (Inu and Kagome) are acting like idiots and not really in character...

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

the whole thing with the band of seven took WAY too long. (I think it felt like forever because AS is/was only airing one new episode a week.)

Its almost like DBZ, back when they aired the planet namic eps with freeza over and over again for a months haha.

As for the end, ya it sucked. Why the hell is Kagome just letting inuyasha act the way he does? Even if she loves him she should at least do somthing other then make a few noises and not say anything for the rest of the ep. Its annoying how it was built up so much and then went to shit after the band of seven. O well, what ya gonna do?

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

I've only seen up to episode 132 and I was so pissed when I saw the filler episodes. Yeah there cute and a little funny but I wanted to see some action. And what the hell is wrong with Kagome?! It's one thing if he acted like that once in a while but it's like 24/7. And he can't make up his mind, he should atleast stop leading kagome on. Anyways it was a total disapointment, I'm just hoping the rest will be better.

falloutboy4.jpg

"A penny for your thoughts but a dollar for your insides, or a fortune for your disaster."

Its not. If anything, it'll make you more pissed about their "relationship." the only good episode between the two of them was when inu finally met kagome's friends.. but after all the kikyo/inuyasha episodes it seemed completely out of place.

naraku's current body makes him immortal.. he cannot die.. because of this, he no longer has to hide in the corner of a castle and pull strings from the shadows. instead he can get right into the middle of all the action and whoop some ass.. but instead of going after inuyasha he accomplishes nothing. even when he knows where the very last shards are.. he still doesn't straight up attack anyone! wtf.. considering how leisurly hes going about it, its as if he has changed his mind about what he wants to do with the shikon no tama, but the plot is not hinting at anything. i liked naraku when he "plotted" against his enemies and used others for his own purposes.. it was interesting.. but now he doesn't even have any lackys except for the pointless kagura, the never talking kanna and some freakish patchwork of a youkai.

i thought entei added a new element to the show, but they killed him off so damn quick.. keh.

btw, what is the purpose of them even needing kagome anymore!? her arrows can't penetrate naraku's barrier, there are no more shards for her to find, and she isn't needed to purify the shikon no tama or even control inuyasha if kikyo is going to be so damn close at hand all the time.

Uhm, kay...but who is this baby that Kagura was carrying?!?!?!

That is naraku. instead of making incarnations anymore, he split himself into 2 parts.. the immortal naraku, and the small infant akago (sp?).. which later also spawned hakudoshi. all of which are naraku.

what is the purpose of them even needing kagome anymore!? her arrows can't penetrate naraku's barrier, there are no more shards for her to find, and she isn't needed to purify the shikon no tama or even control inuyasha if kikyo is going to be so damn close at hand all the time.

sadly thats true. its just another fucked up point to the plot and the way the story is going. If Inu wants Kikyo so much then Kagome should just be like "well see ya you dont need my help no more" and split rather then stick around and put up w/ Inu's crap. Kagome is little more then Inu's doormat -_-;

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

btw, did kikyo actually die, again? I obviously have the worst luck in the world. The episode I downloaded fucked up right as he was about to kill kikyo and I picked up on the next where inu was looking for her. So, is she really dead again or not? 'Cause if she is then kagome is more of an idiot than I thought. If she died again and inu still doesn't go to kagome, then she should see that he's not getting over her.

Look at me, I'm talking about them like real people. ^_^;

falloutboy4.jpg

"A penny for your thoughts but a dollar for your insides, or a fortune for your disaster."

Y'know, I'm glad that I'm not the only person who sits back and thinks that Kagome needs to get a fucking clue. At first I blamed Inuyasha, but now it's like, "woman, pull your head from your sphincter and ditch this guy. Go home and make babies with Hojo, who appreciates you."

*sigh* I used to root for Inu. & Kag. all the time ...

And yea, Kagura is pretty useless, and Naraku seems to have lost his brain in exchange for a flashy body.

I think the episode that pissed me off the most with all of this was when Inuyasha first gains the ability to break through Naraku's barrier. Sesshomaru showed up before Inuyasha, so they were both there. If they would have taken ten seconds to just kill Naraku, this would all be over with. But, then they wouldn't hook us in to later episodes ...

All in all, I think this last season is going to suck plotwise, but have a descent amount of comedy. But that is no substitute for substance.

stinkbannermed.gif

stinkbannermed.gif

stinkbannermed.gif

of course Kikyo aint gonna die/stay dead -_-;

Kagome should shove an M80 up Inu's ass, fire that shit up and go home -_-;

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

*begins another rant about season 6*

the only thing season 6 had that was good, were a few eps depicting the struggle kohaku has been going thru, sango's emotions and a kilala episode that was quite sad... and miroku's proposal.. but all in all its alot of episodes that don't progress anywhere. i mean yes, there were filler eps in previous seasons, but they accomplished something.. like inuyasha upgrading the tetsusaiga. there were multiple episodes like that, but they were relevant to a goal (killing naraku). but season 6, is a bunch of eps that even inuyasha describe as "having nothing to do with naraku, lets not waste our time" and then after that, it was nothing but kikyo/inu crap, kagome's idiotic behavior and inuyasha being a complete ass to kagome's feelings. and yes, hes an ass.. because after 5 seasons hes beyond "playing dumb" now, hes just a straight up ass that barely even acknowledges her.

btw, did kikyo actually die, again? I obviously have the worst luck in the world.

if you're asking for spoilers, i'll give them.. heck, you gotta expect them in a topic called "series finale" :P but yeah, kikyo is still alive.. she never actually died... because kagome saves her life. -_- and by doing that, she has secured her own uselessness.

Guest Adelaide

So it's officially ended has it? I hope they actually finished it with a real ending like the book had -_-

;_; It was so horrible when Jakotsu died. Best character ever. I think I'll go cry in the corner over it.

Then they keep making me think that at least they'll show Sessomaru, because oh, look, there he is.... but then he just walks away not to be heard from again until 10 episodes later -_-

Last night we had the 'maybe Kikyou isn't dead!' one on. I think it's called 'Kagome's Darkeness' or something like that. I'm in Canada too, so bleh, we don't get to see the last episode for like 45498529057 weeks.

They won't be airing the last episode here in the states for quite a while too. :P We watched fansubs.

So it's officially ended has it? I hope they actually finished it with a real ending like the book had -_-

the manga isn't anywhere close to being finished. The author announced it'll still be getting new chapters upwards and thru 2007. Just because the anime ended, the story is still ongoing.

Guest Adelaide
the manga isn't anywhere close to being finished. The author announced it'll still be getting new chapters upwards and thru 2007. Just because the anime ended, the story is still ongoing.

I know that it hasn't completely finished, but it had an element of 'okay, that's it' in it. I think it stopped for a little while, or something.

Where I live, they don't get much manga in stores, so I have to rely on what my brother who lives in Vancouver tells me.

if you're asking for spoilers, i'll give them.. heck, you gotta expect them in a topic called "series finale" :P but yeah, kikyo is still alive.. she never actually died... because kagome saves her life. -_- and by doing that, she has secured her own uselessness.

No way! :x Kagome should just go back to Hojo, atleast he's not going to change his mind about who he likes every fucking hour! And if Kagome wants to be with inu she sould atleast stop trying to get kikyo with him.

The love triangle is getting a little... pathetic? Yet, I can't stop watching.

falloutboy4.jpg

Hmmm ... I'm at a point where Sesshomaru's just come to the other side and mets Naraku who I think retreived the last shard from Goshenki. I had shivers up my spine when Sesshomaru revealed his Tensaiga infrontov those stone guards and the door opened and they kneeled infrontov him ad he grins and walks away SOOOOO cool-ly. He is the only living person allowed to pass through the door in the entire world, come to think of it. Anyway, next episode's gonna be killer cos he's in it, fighting Naraku I guess.

But you're right about the end being sorta dragging, Sledge ... reminds me of how Naruto slipped after the Rasengan vs Chidori battle. Come to think of it, what happens to Hakudoshi ? He's just disappeared. Does he re-unite with Naraku ?

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

I had to laugh when Sessy punched Inuyasha in the face:kapow: mwahaha

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

I had to laugh when Sessy punched Inuyasha in the face:kapow: mwahaha
Hah I TOTALLAY AGREE, and he looked SO cool when he did that !!! Question: Why didn't he unleash Tensaiga during his fight with Naraku, was it because Tensaiga didn't tell him to wield it ? I'm guessing it's that, or the other likely point - Sesshomaru's pride.

Sledge, you were right :happy: ... I hope nothing happens to Kikyo :oops:.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

I totally agree with you guys. I stopped watching Inuyasha around episode 84, but picked up again and downloaded S6. I couldn't take the damn love triagle crap of Kagome/Inuyasha/Kikyou anymore. That and I got sick of Kagome never doing anything but screaming "Inuyasha" and having to get herself rescued all the time. Inuyasha got on more than just my nerves, he turned into a complete dump ass. Forget caring about Kagome, Kikyou is around so fuck her and her sailor suit. Kagome pretty much screwed herself over though when it came to being with Inuyasha when she saved Kikyou. Like Sledge said, in doing so she secured her own uselessness. By the end of Session 6 the only main character's I cared about anymore were Sango, Miroku, and Sesshoumaru. Everyone else had just pissed me off beyond caring ever again, but what kills me the most is Naraku. He's supposedly immortal, but does he go after the Shikon no Tama, hell no, he just lets his bitch Kagura carry him around all day. So basically Naraku doesn't care anymore, Kagura is just bitchy and whinny, Inuyasha is an ass, Kagome is just brainless, and Sesshoumaru says "screw them all I'm out of here."

Off Topic:

Posted by Lady:

After Bankotsu died, it just went lame. He was definatly the best advisary Inuyasha ever had.

Naraku has this great new body then why aint he got Koga's shards yet? Cuz hes a lame-o too. They have this uber powerful bad guy and he dont do shit. Kagura is just annoying now. Inuyasha is an asshole. he's being a total fucktard about Kikyo and Kagome's dumb ass just puts up with it. :rolleyes:

The villans aren't being used very efficantly and the two main characters (Inu and Kagome) are acting like idiots and not really in character...

[sIGPIC]What's wrong, cat eat your tounge?[/sIGPIC]

Sign in to follow this