Sign in to follow this  
Pchan

Rasengan vs Chidori (Spoilers)

I've tagged it as a spoiler topic only cos people new to the series won't even know of these two ninjitsu's.

I think the Rasengan vs Chidori aspect is very unfair, not because one of them is a stronger technique, but because Chidori could be used in limits while Rasengan isn't.

We know from Kakashi-sensei that using Chidori more than twice is dangerous and the third time could even be fatal. However, with Rasengan, it's influenced by the person's chakra limit and Naruto has no problem there, which's why he could practice and practice and keep practicing and master the technique in a really short time. All he needed was will and loads of chakra to do it, which's given to him by Kyuubi.

I'm not going to say that Rasengan's stronger than Chidori just by what happens at the end of Naruto's and Sasuke's short dual on the rooftop (when they were stopped by Kakashi-sensei) - Naruto's comes out as more explosive; because they had no real control of it.

What do you guys think ?

Swaying offtopic, it's getting quite boring to see Naruto use the Rasengan in all his battles and for breaking rocks and the sort ^_^ hehe.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

you the Rasengan just IS more explosive...chidori is more like lightning...rasengan IS a typhoon of chakara so of course its more powerful

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

Yikes, I apologize for saying that Naruto has mastered Rasengan, because technically he can only do it with another clone helping him and so he has yet to master it completely.

Rasengan might be a whirlwind of chakra, but you cannot forget Chidori's as strong, which's more like a Chakra sharp blade. I think you need to hit the target with excess speed for the latter to conflict maximum damage on the target. Even so, both are pointless if they don't hit the target.

Does it amount to the amount of chakra in the end, since/if both techniques equal each other ?

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

well.... technically speaking Naruto has the same amount of chakra as any other normal human being, the 9 tails chakra is capeable of "Leaking out" like healing his body fast, and when it's a life or death or wicked ass serious situation Naruto can collect the rent and borrow the kuuybi's chakra. Easy enuff to tell apart, Naruto/human=blue, 9tails evil monster= redish orange ^_^;

Rasengan vs Chidori : I have to say Rasengan doesn't require as much chakra because once you set the spiral into motion it's own momentum can keep it going. Laws of physics trying to be observed here I guess :P

Chidori however requires you feed it and fuel it with chakra, thus Sasuke only has enough chakra to be able to create and maintain 2 a day.

sound 'bout right? ^_^;

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Chidori, as a fact, can be used only thrice while Rasengan could be used umpteen number of times depending on the inflictor's chakra capacity. That itself is a huge-ass contraint whilst comparing both ^_^.

You think Chidori needs high speed to make maximum damage ? Speed with Rasengan wouldn't matter I think ...

If Naruto's got Kyuubi's extra chakra, Sasuke's got Orochimaru's crused seal chakra ! The latter always proves to be a mojor hinderance to everyone who uses it because of it's nature.

Kakashi said something like after he uses it 4 times a day he gets tired and he aint got no extra sealed chakra ^_^; He's just that bas ass yo!

A big part of chidori is the speed you're moving at when you hit the target. They talked about it in one of the eps, maybe one of the Itachi eps I can't remember exactly :oops:

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Wow, didn't know he (Kakashi) or anyone could use Chidori more than thrice *slaps his Ninja face*

Yikes, I apologize for saying that Naruto has mastered Rasengan, because technically he can only do it with another clone helping him and so he has yet to master it completely.

He has mastered it. His only downside is that he has less chakra control than a senin or hokage (or even sakura) which is why he modified the technique to use a clone for the extra control. I think the same is true with chidori, neither sasuke or kakashi use it without the sharigan for assistance.

All in all I think the rasengan is more powerful. the chidori requires a constant supply of chakra because it wastes so much energy. Remember all the times sasuke has done chidori and as while hes running to the enemy he drags his hand and walls are exploding? imagine if the sheer force of that attack was honed to a single point with no energy loss.. the power would be immense and cause critical damage. thats basically what rasengan does, but because of its control, a much smaller amount of chakra has to be exerted because there is no energy loss. a much more effiecient and devistating attack, something we should expect from a hokage technique. ;)

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

He has mastered it. His only downside is that he has less chakra control than a senin or hokage (or even sakura) which is why he modified the technique to use a clone for the extra control. I think the same is true with chidori, neither sasuke or kakashi use it without the sharigan for assistance.

All in all I think the rasengan is more powerful. the chidori requires a constant supply of chakra because it wastes so much energy. Remember all the times sasuke has done chidori and as while hes running to the enemy he drags his hand and walls are exploding? imagine if the sheer force of that attack was honed to a single point with no energy loss.. the power would be immense and cause critical damage. thats basically what rasengan does, but because of its control, a much smaller amount of chakra has to be exerted because there is no energy loss. a much more effiecient and devistating attack, something we should expect from a hokage technique. ;)

the reason that need to use the sharingan is explained in the kakashi gaiden plus the reason for high spee dis that it is a assassin type skill...you miss you are WIDE open that is why he used his dogs to hold down Zazuba

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

Sign in to follow this