Ladywriter

Dattebayo!

It was starting to drive me a little crazy, Naruto and his damn dattebayo at the end of every other sentance. I've listeded to a lot of J diolouge and that was a new one to me. The english version of Naruto has him saying "belive it!" all the time so I was like :wtf:

Anyway I went looking to figure it out. -_-; Pretty much it's just another way to end a sentance to emphasise what the speaker is saying. It's makes the sentance more agressive. The speaker is making sure they're being heard. Their strong will is coming through.

Naruto uses this expression a lot because he has always been starved for attention and acknowledgement. It also expresses how strongly he feels about what he's saying. Naruto dont take back his words. That's his way of the ninja :P

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

that stuff is common a lot like -nyu and the such after every sentance

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

Similar to how they'd use Yorokonde (spl?) aka Chobits. But Naruto says a lot of Dattebayo in some episodes.

His way of the ninja - Become Hokage, not going back on his words or promise, eat Ramen ^_^.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.