Sign in to follow this  
Pchan

Hunter X Hunter

Anyone watched this anime ?

I've read good things about it online, and it's Yoshihiro Togashi's (from Yu Yu Hakusho fame's) work. The anime has three separate OVA's to it as well.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

I have watched the entire series and am collecting the manga for it now. I really liked it, in fact my oldest son watched it over my shoulder and he said that when it finally comes out in english he will be more than happy to watch it. It is a really fun series and I have heard that they may be making more, I really hope so because there is still a lot more that they can do.

So it's definately recommendable ne ? I've also read that if you like Naruto, One Piece, YYH you'd also like HXH.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

I've finished watching the series + the two OAV's and all I have to say is why haven't I heard / seen anyone else talk about this ?!! This is one great series, with memorable tunes, allows each of it's characters (complex) to build up and grow within the story. The interplay between certain characters is great, and the tactics used are intelligent. It reminded me a bit of Naruto during some parts (not for it's Ninja'ness but for the direction in story sometimes), but the show just gets bigger and darker as you go deeper into the 62 episode marathon, but it doesn't stop there. The series might end abruptly for you with many unanswered questions and follow-up storyline, but that's EXACTLY where the first OAV picks up from, which's good. The first OAV makes sure for a completion in story and you're left satisfied. The second OAV is a really different from the original series' concept, and has elements of .hack to a certain extent. It disappointed and was just a notch lower than it's two predecesors although.

All in all, a must watch indeed. I'm also watching a bit of Yu Yu Hakusho but I like HxH much better. Ofcourse, be warned that the first few episodes might be misleading, but once you get past 5 or 8 I think, it's a joy ride you don't want to stop.

Synopsis as per Anime News Network: Gon Freecs, a young boy that lives on a small island learns that his father who he doesn't remember is an extremely famous man and has become somewhat of an amazing hunter. Gon takes the hunter exam to seek out his amazing father, but on the way while teaming up with 3 other candidates, Kurapica, Leorio, and Killua, he learns that there is more to becoming a hunter and the challenges that he must face will be beyond his imaginations.