Sledgstone

Final Fantasy XII Demo

Wow, this is so different from all the previous Final Fantasy games.. I'm assuming its setup more like FFXI than anything else, but i haven't played XI to make a comparision. :sweat:

umm.. no more battle screens, the enemies are all right there in the general landscape and everything takes place in real time while you're walking around. Your other party members follow you around on the screen and when you get into a battle its setup a bit like a blend of Kingdom Hearts and Star Ocean Till the End of Time. You control your main character and set the other two up as "Gambit" which puts your guys in control of AI. however, you can switch to any of them at any time and issue commands or move them like in star ocean. interesting, because you can now dodge freely or run from specific enemies while attacking others.

the graphics look good, top of the line for PS2. but theres no plot hints or anything else, the demo is just for the battle system. the camera is a bit wierd, and the fact that there is no battle tutorial makes it a bit odd to get used to. I'm sure they'll have it fine tuned by the time the game comes out tho. Oh, and the summons look good. :nod:

Anyone else play the demo? and what do you think about it?

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

well my birthday is in march so are you gonna get it for me eli =D

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

man just hearing it inst the standard battle sucks. why would they change it.11 games with the normal ppl stand in a line waiting for attacks was kewl.but real time sounds kinda bla for this game

mimiruzr2.jpg

I'm called a hypocrite for listening to rap, liking stem cell research, having long hair, and speaking my mind and I registered Republican.

Gamertag: FORDno50

well the real time factor is yes and no...its a bit unique...you kinda gotta try to understand what its like

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

havent played it yet but im looking foreward to at least giving it a try... i heard it sucked but oh well..im a hardcore ff fan so either way im going to end up owning it and beating it

Goutmister:The world is such a cold place... how am i supposed to live on my own and become someone?

Neo: You have already become someone... someone with a heart colder than any one who you come across...just live your fullest and hate only those who oppose you..love who you can.