Sign in to follow this  
Ladywriter

Marvel presents The Dark Tower

I posted this in Stephen King-dom, but for those that never peek in there ...

Stephen King's The Dark Tower series is being made into a comic by Marvel :happy:

The first issue is scheduled to debut in April, 2006 with a hard cover collection of the first 6 issues released Holiday, 2006.

more

http://forums.ancientclan.com/showthread.php?p=58503#post58503

official

www.marvel.com/king

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

i updated the front page last night! this comic is going to be damn good! :D

http://www.ancientclan.com/content/view/336/85/

Stephen King's The Dark Tower series is being made into a comic by Marvel. Drawn by Jae Lee, the new comic series will explore the origin of the notorious Gunslinger. This marks the first time Stephen King has produced original content for the comic book format.

The comics will work in conjunction with the novels, further supplementing and defining the saga's mythology under the direction of the acclaimed author himself.

The first issue is scheduled to debut in April, 2006 with a hard cover collection of the first 6 issues released Holiday, 2006.

Could this possibly be a gateway platform that will lead to a movie deal? The comic will debut in 2006, and with the movies X-Men 3 (2006) and Spider-Man 3 (2007), there could easily be another wave of comic book to movie deals. Now if only Sam Raimi would direct The Dark Tower...

Sources: StephenKing.com | Marvel.com

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

It looks SO good ^_^ ... could you imagine what success could bring it ? A PS III game plus maybe an anime spin-off !

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

I would still like to see them think outside of the box if they're going to do a DT movie. I think cg is the best way to convey the surreal~ness of the story. Sam can still direct it :P Pixar or Square Enix can do it

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

ohhh!!! think of it. pixar is the leading cg company in the states. so far they've been limited to their demographic (kids) because of their disney contract. you know once they see the advent children style of quality coming out in japan (and being released in the states), they'll adopt some of that for future projects. :nod: hell, just imagine pixar or square-enix doing an advent children style dark tower. :drool:

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

ohhh!!! think of it. pixar is the leading cg company in the states. so far they've been limited to their demographic (kids) because of their disney contract. you know once they see the advent children style of quality coming out in japan (and being released in the states), they'll adopt some of that for future projects. :nod: hell, just imagine pixar or square-enix doing an advent children style dark tower. :drool:

I'm rereading 'The Drawing of the Three' and a CG shootout at Balazaars might be the coolest thing ever.

kurozakuro-v01-ch03-0851.png

I sit here on my shelf, Just talking to myself.

cg would make it look like the characters stepped out of Wheelans paintings. it would just add to the whole sureal feel of it all. I can picuture the desert and the way station done in cg. it would look so bad ass.

seriously tho... how else could you do Blaine ? Hell, Lud for that matter! Square Enix did an awsome job w/ Midgar. Lud cg would be da shit :P

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

This will definatly be sweet. Under the mountain with the slow mutants should be particularly creepy. All of that as a cg movie would be nice. ;)

When my letter reaches you, please don't break the seal
Just wait a little while, give it time to heal
And I belive you'll understand that this is my last and most loving request

What I'm hearing is that there will be a lot of little extra things in the manga. Things DT junkies will eat up.

People who have finished the series know

it is a loop. the beat goes on yo. I wonder if the loop we see in the manga will be precisely what the books are or if it will change slightly because it is in a different medium (to me that makes sense ie the story is alive and eternal and can take on many different forms, why not comixs too. It's kind of creepy but its like The Dark Tower knows what it is and if it changed mediums it would know and adapt. O_O )

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers