Escaflowne is the name of Van's (king of Fanelia) Guymelef (mobile siute thing) :look:

http://www.anime.net/escaflowne/story/index.html

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

its actually a really good anime...fox ruined it hardcore back then when they only showed like half the series before dropping it

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

Escaflowne the movie is the Shitz!!! though the Final battle killed the whole thing all the climax for shit...... Honestly Vaughn and Vulcan should have went into dire motal combat. Man....... Watch it then get pissed at the end.

I had it then sold cause the ending.

Neji-Sig.gif[/url]

Escaflowne the movie is the Shitz!!! though the Final battle killed the whole thing all the climax for shit...... Honestly Vaughn and Vulcan should have went into dire motal combat. Man....... Watch it then get pissed at the end.

I had it then sold cause the ending.

Thats seriously no reason to sell back a DVD just because it didn't end the way you'd like it too, especially when the movie ended perfectly fine (you would not like the Escaflowne series ending either).

Escaflowne is a really good series. In fact one of my top four favorites of all time. Definately a must see for most fans of its genre type. However, I'd suggest not buying the DVDs if you're sure that you won't enjoy the series for what it's worth. Borrow it from a friend and watch it and if you like it then buy it. It's always a waste to buy DVD's and then sell them back.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

The movie. Dont get me wrong i loved the movie but not the ending honestly.

I mean it was built on so much hype the music, the character expression the smack talk. Vaugh Vulcan one on one thats what was needed not some damn Humanoid lion coming in and stabbing Vulcan out of the blue.... honestly where the F**ck did he come from? Just came with a poetic sentence and killed Vulcan with a knife -.-. A damn dagger killed a pwnage fighter. That was a major disappointment and in my anger i sold rhe movie

Neji-Sig.gif[/url]

I can tell you all I want but you still won't understand. It's better for you to see the ending to the series then rewatch the movie. Even if the movie is set in an alternate universe (of sorts) it still follows the series pretty well. Form your own opinions, thats what your supposed to do.

Remember as much as I tell you something your not gonna buy it. We've seen this happen pertaining to Gundam. Just find a way to see the series and form your own opinion. As I said it was my opinion that the movie ended perfectly though I was still somewhat disappointed in it. Same goes for the series. Sadly for the genre that Escaflowne falls in those endings are about as good as they'll get.

i meant to reply to this topic yesterday, but i forgot. :sweat:

Escaflowne is one of my favorite animes! the plot, concepts, enemies, scientific theories, etc. are all wonderfully pulled off. the series is great and compelling.. but.. i didn't like the movie. O_O; the animation quality is completely different from the series and the plot didn't do much for me. the end result is the same with the series, but the movie doesn't do Van justice. he seems like a secondary character without much depth.

btw, as strider was saying, for anyone that doesn't know, Escaflowne the series and Escaflowne the movie are two seperate animes. the movie is not a continuation of the series. it is basically an alternate version of the entire series wrapped up into one 1 1/2 hour movie. but because of the lack of character information in the movie, its highly recommended that you watch the series first so you'll know who is who.

the ending of escaflowne is a bit disappointing because you don't get what you expected in the end.. i too, was disappointed. but hey, i'm glad it ended that way. the first time i watched escaflowne, i couldn't predict anything that was going to happen. hell, consider dilandau's origins, did anyone see that coming? O_O

btw, in regards to endings, does van and hitomi's departure remind anyone else of yuna and tidus from FFX?

heres a link to the official escaflowne movie website for anyone interested:

http://www.escamovie.com/flash/

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Dilandau is the freak with white hair who pilots the red Guymelef. Since the movie is different then the series his origins are different. Sledge is hinting at the series origin.

Frankly I don't remember the name of the Lion-man. Never payed close enough attention to the movie to catch it (though he has the same name in the series I never caught it there also).

He was dulindau he Freaking Pwns!!!!! I mean honestly he was CRAZY!!!

You see no one even remembers the lions name. Thats how insignificant he is and they let him kill Folken......

One more thing just cause i sold the Dvd it doesn t mean dont still own it. I recorded on VHS before i sold it. And AS edited again......

Neji-Sig.gif[/url]

He wasn't insignificant. He played a pretty major role in the film and the series. You can't expect us to remember the names of every character in a series. Heck I don't even remember the names of the twins that served Folken in the series (they were the twin cat chicks singing in the bar in the movie version).

Every character, no matter how small their role in a series, plays a significant role to the plot of a series and or movie. The Lion dude was there for a reason and he played out his reason perfectly and after rewatching the ending last night on AS (kinda stumbled upon it since I didn't know AS was showing it) I again come to the conclusion that the ending fit perfectly.

I liked the movie, even though I had no idea who some of the people were. XP

Escaflowne looked awsome, but you didn't even get to see him alot, only at the begining and near the end. IMO, it was kinda a dumb ending, I was expecting like a battle with Escaflowne and thought Volken might have an armor too.

Escalfowne reminds me of the silver Dragoon from Legend of Dragoon. XD

He is trained to fight yes. Requirement to become King. However he's more of a tactician and in the movie, as stated, it's an alternate universe. Those powers he has there do not exist in the series. Thats about the only thing he uses in the movie to constitute for fighting.

About the only thing you see him use in the series is a sword and thats at the end when he **insert spoiler here**. Otherwise he does not fight at all. He sends out others to do it (like Dilandau and the twin cat chicks (whom I still can't remember the names too)).