Tanoro

Who Knew?

*Chewing on gum while cutting onions can help a person from producing tears.

*Until babies are six months old, they can breathe and swallow at the same time.

* Offered a new pen to write with, 97% of all people will write their own name.

* Male mosquitoes are vegetarians. Only females bite.

* To find out if a watermelon is ripe, knock it, and if it sounds hollow then it is ripe.

* Canadians can send letters with personalized postage stamps showing their own photos on each stamp.

* Babies' eyes do not produce tears until the baby is approximately six to eight weeks old.

* It snowed in the Sahara Desert in February of 1979.

* Plants watered with warm water grow larger and more quickly than plants watered with cold water.

* Wearing headphones for just an hour will increase the bacteria in your ear by 700 times.

* Grapes explode when you put them in the microwave.

* Those stars and colors you see when you rub your eyes are called phosphenes.

* Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing.

* Everyone's tongue print is different, like fingerprints.

*Mosquito repellents don't repel. They hide you. The spray blocks the mosquito's sensors so they don't know you're there.

* Dentists have recommended that a toothbrush be kept at least 6 feet away from a toilet to avoid airborne particles resulting from the flush.

* The liquid inside young coconuts can be used as substitute for blood plasma.

* No piece of paper can be folded in half more than 7 times.

* Donkeys kill more people annually than plane crashes.

* The king of hearts is the only king without a moustache.

* Venus is the only planet that rotates clockwise.

* Apples, not caffeine, are more efficient at waking you up in the morning.

* The plastic things on the end of shoelaces are called aglets.

* Most dust particles in your house are made from dead skin.

* The first owner of the Marlboro Company died of lung cancer.

* Pearls melt in vinegar.

* The three most valuable brand names on earth: Marlboro, Coca-Cola, and Budweiser, in that order.

* It is possible to lead a cow upstairs ... but not downstairs.

* A duck's quack doesn't echo and no one knows why.

* Turtles can breathe through their butts.

* On average, 100 people choke to death on ballpoint pens every year.

* Elephants are the only animals that can't jump.

* Women blink nearly twice as much as men.

* It's physically impossible for you to lick your elbow.

* The Main Library at Indiana University sinks over an inch every year because when it was built, engineers failed to take into account the weight of all the books that would occupy the building.

* A snail can sleep for three years.

* No word in the English language rhymes with "MONTH."

* All polar bears are left-handed.

* A crocodile cannot stick its tongue out.

* Almost everyone who reads this email will try to lick their elbow.

dragon.jpg

"A dabbler walks the path to pick up the fruit upon it. A Pagan walks the path to see where it goes." ~Tanoro Lockheart

A DUCKS QUACK DOES TOO ECHO!!! The disproved that one an an episode of Mythbusters!!!!

"There's no such thing as can't. You always have a choice."--Ken Gor, Ying hung boon sik II

[sIGPIC]Dattebayo!!![/sIGPIC]

Thank you to everyone who has ever made me sigs, you are all wonderful!

*goes ands trys the grape explosion*

mimiruzr2.jpg

I'm called a hypocrite for listening to rap, liking stem cell research, having long hair, and speaking my mind and I registered Republican.

Gamertag: FORDno50

I didn't know donkeys actually killed people. It makes one worry less about flying.

dragon.jpg

"A dabbler walks the path to pick up the fruit upon it. A Pagan walks the path to see where it goes." ~Tanoro Lockheart

i just folded a peice of paper 8 times -_- i had to bite it but i did it!

HEY! is for horses

and i know another fact

mosqitoes are attracted to people who have recently eaten bananas!

-_- and considering the fact that i get bittin nearly a gazilion times each time i step outside or when i go camping and i never eat bananas i guess i would be considered an outlire

Pearls melt in vinegar.-Ever read Johnny Tremain? It mentiones in the first chapeter tht a queen(I believe Cleopatra) drank pearls in vinegar to show off her riches)

The grapes one was obvious, and I believe that someone was actually able to fold a paper 8 times.

Also, did you know that when we read words, we don't actually read every letter? As long as the first and the last letters are in the same spot, we can sitl raed it. Lol, I did tohse on purpose.

direwolfedit.jpg

the toothbrush one is another that's not true.....thank you Mythbusters!....they showed it didn't matter how close your toothbrush was to the tolet....it's going to pick up the same amount of stuff just being in the room...in fact, their control toothbrushes that were under glass in another room had some of the same particles on it....but none of them were a dangerous amount......

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

the toothbrush one is another that's not true.....thank you Mythbusters!....they showed it didn't matter how close your toothbrush was to the tolet....it's going to pick up the same amount of stuff just being in the room...in fact, their control toothbrushes that were under glass in another room had some of the same particles on it....but none of them were a dangerous amount......

I saw that episode. Mythbusters rock! :P

dragon.jpg

Pearls melt in vinegar.-Ever read Johnny Tremain? It mentiones in the first chapeter tht a queen(I believe Cleopatra) drank pearls in vinegar to show off her riches)

The grapes one was obvious, and I believe that someone was actually able to fold a paper 8 times.

Also, did you know that when we read words, we don't actually read every letter? As long as the first and the last letters are in the same spot, we can sitl raed it. Lol, I did tohse on purpose.

For yuor jkoe to hvae wroekd, you suohld tpye teh wohle snetcene out of oderr...That's my opinion, anyway...:D

"There's no such thing as can't. You always have a choice."--Ken Gor, Ying hung boon sik II

[sIGPIC]Dattebayo!!![/sIGPIC]

Thank you to everyone who has ever made me sigs, you are all wonderful!

* Apples, not caffeine, are more efficient at waking you up in the morning.

And that is why I drink apple juice or apple cider in the morning. Mmmm hot apple cider with carmal...

Oh and the word thing isn't true completely. Some people are dislexic or have reading problems and it screws with them :P (I'm that way to an extent)

chessySig.jpg

~who knew? HB style~

poripines have 30,000 quills

dispite the camels hump the camel has a strait spine

a goldfishes attention spane is three minutes

animals that lay eggs dont have belly buttons

beavers can hold their bretah for 45 minutes

slugs have 4 noses

a camel has three eyelids

a honeybee can fly at 15 miles per hour

(i can fly!! O.o?)

a queen bee can lay 880-1500 eggs per day

a bee has five eyes

the average speed of a house fly is 4.5 miles per hour

flamingos turn pink from eating shrimp

(what if we fed them brocolii O.o?)

Emus and Kangaroos cant walk backwords

cats have one hundred vocal chords

camels milk does not curdel

(more camels? -_-)

all poripines float in water

the worlds termits wieght out the worlds humans 10-1

(must be some fat termits O.o...)

a humming bird waeighs less than a penny

a jellyfish is 95% water

~final one~

children grow faster in the spring

a goldfishes attention spane is three minutes

You mean a goldfish's memory (not attention span), right? That's how the folktale goes. And with that, sorry Bee, but Mythbusters has busted that one too. They trained a couple of goldfish to swim through a maze and proved they can remember details for longer than that.

dragon.jpg