Sign in to follow this  
Akira13

The state of fanfiction today.

Everyonce in a while I get the urge to read some fanfiction. Last week I loaded up fanfiction.net, decided to go to the Yu Yu Hakusho section, and most definetely did NOT find the sort of stories I was looking for. Instead, I was bombarded with all sorts of horribly written travesties. Now, the fact that they were so badly written wasn't the worst part, no, that had to be the plots of many of these fics. What, might I ask, is so exciting about taking characters so far out of their original personalities that it becomes ridiculous. For once, could I please read a fic that does not involve Yusuke (as a vampire of course) in a Yaoi relationship with Kurama, slitting his wrists, cruising around hell torturing women and being totally XTREME, interspersed with lyrics from some terrible emo song. And the authors for these things are usually people with names like xXhardk0r3batgirlgothmeister242424712184Xx. Whatever happened to good old adventure fics? Or, if you really want to do a romance one, writing about relationships like Yusuke and Keiko, or Kuwabara and Yukina? Why is that such a problem. Sure, people can get creative, but these fics usually twist the stories of their respective source material so much that it doesn't feel like you're reading about what the fic was based on anymore. (I used Yu Yu Hakusho for these examples.) So people, when writing fanfics, please remember that you aren't always being cool and creative when you write a story about Ash Ketchum raping Misty, killing Brock, slaughtering all his pokemon, and then crusing around Pallet Town on a motorcycle shooting up anyone who messes with him. Please.

I read Fedic's stuff, it doesnt hurt my head like some of the crap you mentioned...

Gangsta Ash... nope just cant picture it :P

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

When I began at Fanfiction.net, I went there to get some kind of a dose of InuYasha when they weren't running new episodes. I agree with you. Some of those authors use such horrible spelling, grammar, and punctuation that it would give me a headache!

I know that you can upload files directly from your computer . . . and it's not like MS Word, Works or Corel Word Perfect don't have a spell check and grammar check!

Extreme plot distortions do upset me from time to time. I wrote one fan fiction, and I tried to keep it along with the way things have flowed in the series (to where I've seen it, I have not seen it all). I did my best with the idea I had.

I don't think anyone has read it, though. Speaking of that, I need to correct some minor errors I've spotted with a final proofread...

stinkbannermed.gif

stinkbannermed.gif

stinkbannermed.gif

it is hard to find good fanfiction.....i mean, a lot of fanfics seem to be written for the purpose of putting two characters together or the every preseant mary-sue.....it's getting hard to find fanfics that involve something unique.....even if it's an AU fic....if it doesn't have a plot beyond getting to people in bed, i don't see the point in writing it....

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

These ppl need to be killed. We fans of the show are sick and tired of allowing their fantasies of having Kagome in bed Kikyo with no clothes and drunk as hell to litter our minds when Sango shows up and gets ten times a nasty. And God forbid, if you're one of these ppl with the long names, before you know it, your buddy list can't fit anyomore names after the 1st-freakin one. Fanfic wannabes, shut your keyboard in your closet or else I'll have Simmons slit all your throats in your sleep.

flcloa0.jpg

Fooly Cooly is when you do this with your hands...:la:

Guest Shauni Marco

I wouldn't go quite that far. But I do exit out of any fanfic that sucks. If I don't like it, I don't read it.

Guest tsucasa Mehiji

I can't STAND those! Heero and Duo? I don't think so. Even worse: InuYasha and Sesshomaru.

I wrote a romance fanfic with InuYasha and Kagome, and soon all the reviews I got were 'i want a lemon' and 'it needs a lemon'. Keh. Whatever.

Some ppl take immaturity and homosexuality and go with them too far and incorporate them into stories about shows that never had such ideas in the first place. For one thing, Heero and Duo, the best pilots in Gundam Wing (besides Quatre, my fave) are 1) not in love with each other, and 2) aren't even homosexual in the first place.

flcloa0.jpg

Fooly Cooly is when you do this with your hands...:la:

smut for the sake of smut is pretty pointless. I don't read anything w/o an actual plot or point.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Some ppl take immaturity and homosexuality and go with them too far and incorporate them into stories about shows that never had such ideas in the first place. For one thing, Heero and Duo, the best pilots in Gundam Wing (besides Quatre, my fave) are 1) not in love with each other, and 2) aren't even homosexual in the first place.

to understand these people, we must first look at their stories. do they write stories with these elements because they feel it makes the story better? because they're crying out for attention and interpret that into a stupid story? or do they merely write stories like this because they're psychopathic freaks? (no offense to any medically diagnosed psychopaths out there) to read is to understand. by reading these stories, we are reading the writers thoughts.

so in this case, the writer is a gay freak who dreams about male Gundam pilots! but he should not be blamed for his personal ideas. he should be embraced (from a safe distance, of course)

Last remaining AC RuneScape Clan Member! (??)

I seem to only be able to find yaoi fanfics of whatever.....its not right man its just not right!

I hate it I even found an inuyasha one one time were Inuyasha and his brother were doing stuff that makes me want to kill myself cause its sooooooo disurbingly sick and I am very hard to disturbe.........

(how dare you describe these anime mutilating bastards as psychopaths I resent that! now tell e were you live Oneshot cause you gonna die! j/k)

LOL

sigpic294_3.gif

People have read my fic(linked in my sig) and said they loved it. Even people who aren't Inuyasha fans were drawn in from start to finish.

I wrote it just because I wanted to, then I decided to post it after a friend of mine who hates anime read it and loved it. It was just a story that was in my mind and I shared it with the world *shrugs*

The main problem with fanfiction today is people are looking for praise rather than writing because they want to. Anybody can pump out a quick sex scene and get their ego stroked, but it takes someone who really cares to ignore what people may think and just write from their heart.

soukenmaru.jpg

...Soukenmaru turned his head and flashed a quick smile. He looks just like his father now. Someone could have taken a painting of my Lord, covered up his stripes and painted dog ears atop his head, and they would have my son...

From my fic, The Last Day.

Fluffinated, I know it's been a long time since anyone has responded to this thread, but I totally get what you're saying. My newest fic (Destiny's Fault, it's an InuYasha fic) is getting some good feedback. I got one girl reviewing though who kept asking me to hook up Sesshomaru and Kagome, or even toss InuYasha in the mix!

How could she ask me to do that? InuYasha is DEAD in my fanfic for crying out loud! That's twice as sick!:blech:

Anywho, I put it in my next set of author's notes that the plot was layed out and it had nothing to do with a romance between Kagome and Sesshomaru. I tried to make a totally original plot, and I have worked really hard on that fic.

stinkbannermed.gif

stinkbannermed.gif

stinkbannermed.gif

I tried finding fluff stories for Tsubasa Chronicle and all I get are yaoi between Fai and Kurogane. ech. I could try to fathom that relationship, but I want more between Syaoran and Sakura!

Shitty fanfics burn my skin and leave a rash.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

D_Marx

Stinkerbell: Oh I know what you mean about idiot reviewers! I wrote a retelling of The Little Mermaid staring Rin and Sesshoumaru, and somebody just now had the audacity to review me ASKING ME TO REWRITE THE ENDING TO A HAPPY ONE JUST FOR HER. I fell off my chair...are people really so stupid that they think they can tell someone how to write their fanfiction? If she wants a happy ending she can write her own darn story.

If you want to find a link to the fic, go to this forum post.

soukenmaru.jpg

...Soukenmaru turned his head and flashed a quick smile. He looks just like his father now. Someone could have taken a painting of my Lord, covered up his stripes and painted dog ears atop his head, and they would have my son...

From my fic, The Last Day.

I bookmarked your story and I shall read it tomorrow. I'll be working on my fanfic tonight.

I'll be sure to leave you a review on fanfiction.net. :happy:

Oh, and speaking of stupid reviews, I got one the other day for my first fanfiction. I swear, all they said was "cute"

I wanted to pull my hair out!!

stinkbannermed.gif

stinkbannermed.gif

stinkbannermed.gif

Sign in to follow this