Sledgstone

Rurouni Kenshin (series spoilers)

for anyone else who has seen the series, do you think CN is not airing the last half of kenshin because of its religious references?

and what was your favorite saga besides the shishio episodes? i think i'm leaning more towards the black knight saga or the christian rebellion (Shougo) saga.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Seeing as how I've never seen eps 65-95 (have them on my harddrive, plan on watching them soon) I can't say anything besides the Kyoto Arc of Kenshin. Once I watch them however I can say something other then the Kyoto Arc.

However, I'm with Mibu on the Revenge Arc in the manga. Tis my fav.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

Well, what do they show, Miyu?

#1 dvd

name: Rurouni Kenshin tales of the meiji

dvd name: A Shinobi's love

"ep" names: schneider's bet

The two guides

to my angel misao

Feng shui, surprise attack

it says they are eps 87-90 but i dont know

#2 dvd

name:Rurouni Kenshin tales of the meiji

dvd name: end song

"ep" name: the magic of feng shui

Tokyo under martial law

the enemy awaits in senjogahara

the elegy of wind and water

end of waterings

again they say eps 91-95

BurnedblackandwhiteSnowAngel.jpg

The Sheishio (spelling?) sage rules supreme because of it's awesome drawing, story build-up, excellent ending stills and music themes to die for *gets goose-bumps*. Plus I love it cos it's got a lot of Hiko in it as well ^_^ *demands for some saake*

Apart from that, hmmmm ... I'd say it's a draw between the Aoshi battle-saga (which's right before the aforesaid described one), and the Shougo Saga. But, I think the latter was too slow, and the end fight was less convincing.

I expected a lot from the Black Knight Saga and it disappointed me ... just like the last saga involving the "Chi" family fued.

I've yet to watch the OVA ... how does it compare with the Kenshin saga's ?

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

The Sheishio (spelling?) sage rules supreme because of it's awesome drawing, story build-up, excellent ending stills and music themes to die for *gets goose-bumps*. Plus I love it cos it's got a lot of Hiko in it as well ^_^ *demands for some saake*

Apart from that, hmmmm ... I'd say it's a draw between the Aoshi battle-saga (which's right before the aforesaid described one), and the Shougo Saga. But, I think the latter was too slow, and the end fight was less convincing.

I expected a lot from the Black Knight Saga and it disappointed me ... just like the last saga involving the "Chi" family fued.

The OVA about Kenshin's past? I wrote a review about that, so you can see that on the ancientclan main page. (most everyone says that the OVA is as least as good if not better than the series.)

kurozakuro-v01-ch03-0851.png

I sit here on my shelf, Just talking to myself.

The OVA about Kenshin's past? I wrote a review about that, so you can see that on the ancientclan main page. (most everyone says that the OVA is as least as good if not better than the series.)

I read through your review, but how about a synopsis...How did Kenshin get the cross scar and who gave it to him? That is my single greatest question about the series(I got the other one answered by a pen-pal...).

As to the topic at hand, since I don't know what saga it is, I'll just say that my favorite episode is the introduction Yahiko. He may be a kid, but he's got some hellish determination...

"There's no such thing as can't. You always have a choice."--Ken Gor, Ying hung boon sik II

[sIGPIC]Dattebayo!!![/sIGPIC]

Thank you to everyone who has ever made me sigs, you are all wonderful!

Kenshin got the cross-shaped scar back during his days as a Hitokiri. At first it started with the verticle slash he recieved from Tomoe's fiance (which happens at the beginning of the Trust of the OVA). Then at the end of the Betrayal OVA the other half of the scar is given to him by Tomoe before she dies (big fight happens at the end where Kenshin ends up killing her as she tries to save him).

That should answer your questions Sabe. Had to put it under a spoiler incase some people don't want it ruined for them.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

#1 dvd

name: Rurouni Kenshin tales of the meiji

dvd name: A Shinobi's love

"ep" names: schneider's bet

The two guides

to my angel misao

Feng shui, surprise attack

it says they are eps 87-90 but i dont know

#2 dvd

name:Rurouni Kenshin tales of the meiji

dvd name: end song

"ep" name: the magic of feng shui

Tokyo under martial law

the enemy awaits in senjogahara

the elegy of wind and water

end of waterings

again they say eps 91-95

you have the beginning dvds of the last saga. the feng shui episodes were like Slayers Try to me. they didn't really need to be made. :\

the kyoto/shishio battle was definitely the best of the kenshin series. and to me it set the bar. unfortunately no final battles could live up to it. Shougo, the black knights, their fights with kenshin were just not that good. :\ and its a shame too because i really liked the black knights saga.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

yeah i agree with Mibu and Strider...teh Revenge Arc in the manga was the best...most emotional part of Kenshin i ever read....put the Kyoto arc in teh manga was the best i think

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

Hmmm....

Besides the Kyoto arc, I'd said the Jinchuu arc is the best. All the episodes past 62 of the anime (in my personal opinion) were really pointless, and the animation became really bad. Most episodes around the Shishio-Kenshin fight were animated crappy too (especially the Soujiro-Kenshin fight *shudders*) It looked so.... fake. While the last episode was nice, I liked the ending of the manga better. Well, I mean, I haven't actually read the manga, but I've seen plenty of scans, spoilers, and summaries (due to my rabid obsessiveness). The OVAs, I think, aren't that great either (I mean the animation mostly; I haven't actually seen them, though I'm interested.) because of what happens in the Reflection OVA. It's so depressing.

I just can't wait to read the rest of the manga, you know, first hand.

ch66_03.jpg

CN screwed over their Kenshin fanbase. They ran it up to near the end of the Shishio stuff and then gave it a rest. They waited far too long to start it up again and when they did the stupid asshairs started over from the beginning. *Then they got pissed off when nobody watched and said rude shit like "why should we give you seconds when you didn't take firsts" (re runs are not firsts retards) in their bumps. After seeing that shit, I stopped watching their ignorant ass bumps. What a bunch of crans.

The revenge arc was awsome. I was able to finish the manga a few months ago.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Reviving this topic for curiosity purposes ^_^ ...

Ok here's the scenario - if there is a one-on-one duel, taken in isolation of the circumstances or mainly injuries, who would be the last man standing from the group ? I haven't watched the OVA's so I haven't added those names but you guys could ^_^.

Kenshin, Hiko Seijuro VIII, Saito Hajime, Seta Soujiro, Amakusa Shogo, his teacher Hiko Seijuro VII, Shishio Makoto.

Consider Kenshin (not injured) battle Shishio, the outcome could very well be in favor of Shishio, remember the battle was prolonged only because of help from Saito, Aoshi, Sano; which let to his fight being prolonged to that 15 or 20 minute deadline. However even if we consider Kenshin winning this one, he couldn't possibly win over Shogo who has a counter-technique for some of Kenshin's moves and has also mastered the same. We can see this evidently from their first duel, however we can't take into accord the second duel because Shogo is shot. Hiko Seijuro VIII is the grandmaster of the Hiten-Mitsurugi yes, in a battle against Shogo, I bet he could win because of his vast knowledge, experience and / or presence of mind. Saito is a formidable opponent indeed but doesn't stand a chance against high level Mitsurugi attacks I think, same with Soujiro, however Souijiro almost beat Kenshin, so you would have to consider him as well.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

I have to agree with all of you the Revenge Arc was the absolute best, but I am also partial to the Shougo saga as well.

Off Topic:

Kurama if you have nothing intelligent to post then don't. Also please check your spelling, there's even a niffty little spell checker located at the top right hand cornor of each message tool bar.

[sIGPIC]What's wrong, cat eat your tounge?[/sIGPIC]