Hell_Cat_18

Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust

Have you seen it, if so, what did you think of it? I personally liked it better than the first one, but a lot of people say it doesn't follow the whole VHD theme...not sure where they get this, but a lot of people are hard core haters of the second one...what do you think?

[sIGPIC]What's wrong, cat eat your tounge?[/sIGPIC]

I rather liked it. VHD is a VERY bloody and gorey anime and it's not for the weak of heart, but I find both movies very intriguing. I've always believed that there is no creature upon this Earth or anywhere else that isn't capable of love, not even demons and vampires. Without having both the essense of good and evil within you, you wouldn't have the ability to choose your path, thus free will. A creature without free will is incapable of making decisions.

The vampire risking his life by stepping before the sun for his girl demonstrated perfect love. But the ending was a little odd.

O_O

dragon.jpg

"A dabbler walks the path to pick up the fruit upon it. A Pagan walks the path to see where it goes." ~Tanoro Lockheart

Sadly I'v never seen the first one. I have seen Bloodlust a number of time and loved it. The art ,as Iv seen so far, we all agree is awesome. The story line itself was great. I would have to agree with Tanoro one the whole free will thing. I'v heard so many people say that demons, vampires, werewolves...so forth and so on, are "just plain evil and can be nothing more." or something along those lines and I can't seem to wrap my mind around that logic. Oh, the ending I thought was cool. He went and kept his agreement with the hunter and went to her funeral and all. All in all I thought it was right up there with the best of the animes. *shurgs* But that might be just me.

gelmier7cm.jpg

there was no escape by space ship in the original VHD, maybe thats what ppl are tweekin out over

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

I liked the first one. The thing on D's hand cracks me up. I haven't figured out just WHAT that thing is though or why it was eating dirt. O_O

dragon.jpg

"A dabbler walks the path to pick up the fruit upon it. A Pagan walks the path to see where it goes." ~Tanoro Lockheart

The ending was very good, and very sad...see D has a soft side after all. Anyway, the thing on D's hand is a demonic parasite, as well as the comic relife lol. I think the ending for bloodlust kind got people because you don't really know what happens to Charlotte...*spoiler below*

I mean, you know she died, but aside from that, you don't know if Meir was able to change her into a vampire or not.

[sIGPIC]What's wrong, cat eat your tounge?[/sIGPIC]

Well, over all both where great. Iv been VHD fan for as long as I can remember. It was the first anime I ever saw and the funny thing was it was on HBO (the first movie). I find the first one funny because of the demonic parasite on his hand always making jokes about biting girl’s necks and other things along those lines. They don’t show enough of it in the 2nd one :(. But the graphics and story of the 2nd one is very good. Got to love the sword fight on the top of the horse and buggy coach thing.

They really need to make more VHD movies :drool:

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^