DeathscytheX

Battlefield 2042

Just please leave that fucking bleedout mechanic out. Looks good, very similar to BF4's debut trailer. Looking forward to some gameplay footage.

If we're doing 64 vs. 64, we need 10 tanks per team, maybe 10 various air vehicles between choppers and jets.... I'll be out there with my RPG so the more the better. XD

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Ok, now I'm sold. FUCK YES! This looks amazing!

A few things that got me hyped:

One.... back to what battlefield is about... chaos and vehicles. The fact that they ever tried to focus more on infantry play was fucking stupid. This isn't COD, its battlefield. Getting your ass ragdolled by a tank a lot happens. Focus on vehicles was obvious. The maps looks to be solid for having ample coverage for infantry anyways. The game will only launch with 7 maps, which is concerning... but honestly if they are that big it should be fine. Older maps may not work for this game although as much as I hate on Wake Island I could go for 128 players on it XD. Lets do Metro and Locker too! Ziba Tower 64 v 64! XD

Take notice of the elevator scene. You can swap attachments live in match! This was a feature in Bad Company 2 that you could only do from the spawn screen. I really like this for its unforeseen applications but also the practicality. Unlocked something new? Hate it? Good, you don't have to play a whole round with it. I'm going to assume you'll have to set this up either way. It seemed like you could only do 3 opitcs, mags, barrel attachments, etc. Unless they watered down how many attachments you can get, I think this is going to be a customizable preset for in match swapping. Either way, I really like this feature as unrealistic as it is.

CHOPPERS!!! GIVE ME ALL THE CHOPPERS! MY RPG WILL HUNGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The wing suit feature is interesting and makes sense. If these maps are big, We'll need some non vehicle fast travel options. With the maps being this large, I would like to see the return of some of the lesser known BF2 maps that were absolutely massive.

Concerns for the player base. They basically turned conquest into a hybrid form of operations. I loved operations in BF1... literally my favorite mode of all time.... but its not conquest. People are going to bitch. Capturing sectors and locking them in to where you cant lose them? That's not conquest. I expect classic conquest to make a return a few months in. Give us 10-12 flags to capture. It'll be fine DICE.

All they need to do is get rid of bleed out, or make it skippable and I'll pre-order this game so fast.

Here's some interesting things my brother sent me links to:

AI bots, finally. Now if you have bad matchmaking and get stuck with a team of crap players vs endless level 100 colonials, you can play against bots instead and still enjoy it. I wonder if bots will auto fill in spots when players drop out of a match so teams don't get too uneven until other players can join in to bump the bots out.

All maps will be available to all players and not locked behind DLC, but there will be battle passes that cost money. Hopefully all the battle passes will be for cosmetics only. If unlocking weapons requires either playing 90 hours in a season to get the gun or pay for a battle pass to get the faster reward track and bonus xp to get the weapon in significantly faster amount of time, then the game could become pay to win. DICE has always been horrible about balancing a broken weapon and if an OP weapon is battle pass only and they don't nerf said weapon until after the season then that would be pay to win. Like I said, hopefully it's just cosmetics.

I'm excited for this game, but I don't have a ps5 and I'm not interested in getting the game for ps4 since it'll be a smaller player count. I might get it for PC since there is cross platform, but last I checked they still haven't announced the PC requirements yet.

Edit: forgot one:

They finally are going to do vehicles right. The last couple battlefields were bullshit. Only the squad leader could call in a vehicle if your squad score was high enough. Absolute garbage. This new system sounds good, but if it's locked behind a kill streak or score streak again it could be infuriating. Imagine doing great for 10 mins, finally call in a tank, immediately get blown up with c4. By the time you get another tank the match is over. Nah, DICE better not do BS like that again or it'll ruin the game play.

Edited by Sledgstone
Forgot a link

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

64v64, the bots make sense. Especially when the game begins to decline naturally I'm sure there is a soft cap requirement of real players.

Battle pass systems have been getting pretty good lately without fucking over the players that don't want to pay. Oddly enough. Black Ops Cold War and Modern Warfare had great battle pass systems. Mostly cosmetics but there were 2 weapons every season. Both free players and battle pass players could get them in reasonable time. Battle pass purchase gave you 1.5x XP gain over normal players. And both weapons were obtainable in the first 30 ranks. Plus they have 2xp battle pass weekend for all players frequently. The difference between buying it and not buying it was the many cosmetics you get. Like free players get a reward every 5 ranks while BP buyers get something every rank. I never thought I'd say this but COD actually has one of the better systems out there after all that BS loot crate craze they created.

Destiny 2's battle pass system is decent as well, but can be p2w'ish as you get mats for upgrades that doesn't really apply to a PVP game. but the concept is the same.

If they have weapons, which I hope they don't. I'd like to see the classic assignment system come back for that. I'd hope they take COD's system and make it fair for everyone to obtain. Otherwise I'd rather just see camos, vehicle skins, and XP tokens.