DeathscytheX

Fruits Basket Final Season

My wife's been enjoying the reboot of the show a lot, re-watches it on and off. There's something about it that I can't get into ... maybe it's nostalgia of the older show and the soundtrack - always a big factor for me. It's like the reboots of HxH or FMA - I could never get into the reboots as quick as I got into the older anime for em cos of the same reason. Weak soundtracks/ no memorable tunes, which is fine by itself but not fine when I have something to compare against. Sigh. Picky picky picky. 

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

I finished up Fruits Basket a couple days ago. Overall it was a great reboot. Season 1 was pretty spot on with the original season except it went a bit faster and felt like it lost some of the humor the original show had because the characters didn't seem to transform as often, but maybe I'm remembering the original wrong since its been over 10 years since I've seen it. The two eps that focused on Hana & Uo-chan were really good since they didn't go into any real backstory for those 2 characters in the original series. Season 2 went a bit slow and the student council/Yuki school president episodes felt like filler to me, but by the end of the series it was all character development for Yuki and how things ended with his relationships. Season 3 was so emotional and I love that the series got an ending after all these years. :crywithno:

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg