Myk JL

Aya Neo

21 minutes ago, Sledgstone said:

I've missed some topics over time. x_x I forgot about this one. Have they given you any updates about when they'll ship yours?

As far as I know the 1st 500 backers already got their AyaNeos & I might be a part of the 2nd batch of backers.

I get updates about how the 2nd batch of backers will get improved AyaNeos while the 1st 500 backers will get free upgrades.

The AyaNeo I'll eventually be getting is the 2021 edition & AyaNeo has plans for another 1 codenamed XXX right now.

If I didn't already back AyaNeo 2021 edition I'd probably wait to see if it could run Windows 11.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

I got my Ayaneo Retro Power today. I was excited, scared, and confused.

• Excited because I got the product I wanted.
  • Scared because I'm sure sometime in the future MS will ruin Windows and I'll have to switch to Linux.
  • Confused because mine didn't come with the docking station like I expected.

At least to a comment on IGG the docking stations will be shipped out later this month. I didn't plan on using mine without the docking station. I'm debating whether or not to finally get a Wi-Fi Router or just turn it on to see what it's like without internet.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

Congrats on finally getting your product! If you decide to get a wifi router, I recommend the TP-Link AC3000. Solid router and affordable.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/TP-Link-Archer-AX3000-4-Stream-Dual-Band-WiFi-6-Wireless-Router-up-to-3-Gbps-Speeds-Powered-by-Dual-Core-Processor/100797162

Walmart has them for $99 which is cheaper than amazon, and they sometimes go on sale for $79. But $99 is still a good price. Looks like the Ayaneo is wifi 6 and so is this router. Have it connect to the 5g band and it should get pretty similar speeds as if it was directly connected to your modem or wired router.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I'm still expecting Steam OS to ruin Steam Deck via Void Warrantee if you want to use it like a Linux PC.

On 12/7/2021 at 12:39 AM, Sledgstone said:

Congrats on finally getting your product! If you decide to get a wifi router, I recommend the TP-Link AC3000. Solid router and affordable.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/TP-Link-Archer-AX3000-4-Stream-Dual-Band-WiFi-6-Wireless-Router-up-to-3-Gbps-Speeds-Powered-by-Dual-Core-Processor/100797162

Walmart has them for $99 which is cheaper than amazon, and they sometimes go on sale for $79. But $99 is still a good price. Looks like the Ayaneo is wifi 6 and so is this router. Have it connect to the 5g band and it should get pretty similar speeds as if it was directly connected to your modem or wired router.

I expect I'm mainly going to use my Ayaneo as a Desktop Computer. I'm way more eager to connect a keyboard & mouse to it then connecting it to my TV.

I may eventually be uploading to the internet. Would that have any negative impact on a router or modem if what I'm uploading might be huge?

10 hours ago, Myk JL said:

I expect I'm mainly going to use my Ayaneo as a Desktop Computer. I'm way more eager to connect a keyboard & mouse to it then connecting it to my TV.

I may eventually be uploading to the internet. Would that have any negative impact on a router or modem if what I'm uploading might be huge?

Not on the modem or router as long as both are relatively new in the last year or two as well as any ethernet cables you have connecting them to each other and to your PC or other devices. The majority of them, like the one I linked to can easily do "up to 3 Gbps Speeds, (2402 Mbps on 5 GHz band and 574 Mbps on 2.4 GHz band)" in all directions, downloading, uploading or transferring between computers or devices on the same network. The biggest issue with uploading is the maximum upload speed of your internet connection. Like I have spectrum internet 200mpbs internet. But even though that download speed is great for me, the upload speed for that tier of internet is only 10 mbps. Its horrendously slow for uploading. When I would upload video clips of gameplay to youtube, it could take a while. Thats how alot of the internet companies get upgrades is because people like to stream their games on twitch or youtube. Alot of those people will pay for the next tier or two higher account just for the better upload speeds. Generally 10 mbps upload is fine for most people since its all thats necessary for all the devices in that home to send out requests to websites, like a click, or typing in a website address or sending a couple pics in an email. But in terms of viewing streaming content, netflix recommends 10 mbps download for each tv streaming in HD and I think 30 mpbs download for each 4k stream. So if someone wants to stream their game online to twich, they should have a minimum of 20 mbps upload, 10 for regular use, and 10 just for that stream and even then there could be some potential pixilation. I wish Verizon fios would be available near me so I could switch to them. Fiber optic internet plans have the same upload speed as the download, so a Verizon Fios plan of 200mbps would be 200 mbps download and 200 mbps upload.

Edited by Sledgstone
typo

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

AyaNeo sent out my docking station without sending me an eMail about it. They, 4PX & USPS say it was delivered, but for all I know it was stolen.

Once again, I lose out on a future, I've been waiting for 17 years ago.

I can't recommend backing this company if they can't keep their customers informed on time.

On 2/22/2022 at 6:09 PM, Sledgstone said:

Damn that sucks. Any way they'll send you a new one? They should have insured the delivery.

I got eMails from them on the 23rd saying that they'll send me a tracking number as soon as they ship it out this time. Haven't heard from them since & I keep checking near my mailbox.

AyaNeo Air on IGG cost about $501, but I'm not a fan of Windows plausibly being replaced by AyaNeo OS. If I wanted Linux, I'd use Ubuntu.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ayaneo-air-first-ultra-thin-oled-windows-handheld/x/26128503#/

https://ayaneo.com/product/AYANEOAIR.html