Sledgstone

Last of Us - HBO Series

HBO announced they have cast Pedro Pascal and Bella Ramsey as Joel and Ellie. As long as Pedro grows out a good looking full beard I could see him playing the part. He should bulk up a bit though to really fit the part.

HBO has found its Joel and Ellie for the upcoming television series based on Naughty Dog’s The Last of Us. Pedro Pascal, star of Disney Plus’ The Mandalorian, and Bella Ramsey, best known for her role as Lyanna Mormont on Game of Thrones, will co-star in The Last of Us as Joel and Ellie, respectively. The Hollywood Reporter and Deadline first reported the news.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/last-of-us-game-of-thrones-breakout-bella-ramsey-to-star-as-ellie

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

new ellie's look really bothers me..look at the voice actress vs hbo series one. their looks are totally different. i'm not being shallow, it's just that when a game/comic gets adopted into a movie or series, i expect everything including characters look should match to every detail. just look how horrible that old mario movie was, luigi didn't even have a mustache. anyway i don't know what i'm hoping for but i'm a bit excited to watch it. 

yougorelena_slippers.jpg.c0d3609d8437d663780655f59789e591.jpg

The show does look great from the trailers I've seen. I'll watch the first episode later tonight. I've been looking forward to this show for a long time and I hope its a direct portrayal of the game to live action. Unfortunately neither of the two main actors look like their respective characters but I'm still hoping for the best. Hugh Jackman when he was in the movie Logan looked exactly like Joel at the time. He would have been an amazing Joel. Pedro Pascal is a great actor so I'm betting he'll do a great job and the only thing I've seen Bella Ramsey in was Game of Thrones. She was decent in that for the role she played and she had a great death scene in it fighting so maybe it'll work out good.

I'm sure there will be plenty of people that complain after the first episode about the show being woke because Ellie is a lesbian. They probably never played the original dlc from the first game from almost 10 years ago.

I'm expecting the show to be full of violence and focus almost entirely on that and strong character building.

i caught a last half of the show when someone was livestreaming. where the first episode ended, that's where i left off, stopped playing that video game bc i couldn't loot a gun or ammo..but there goes live action joel, picking up that dead man's weapon like it's nothing..lol. but i did watch an entire cutscene all the way to end some years ago so i know how the story ends. if the show becomes successful and makes it all the way to the end of the first game, i really hope they don't follow the sequel bc that's where they are going to lose their audience lol.  

hbo max is offering free 7 day trial. so i'll might have to wait until  the first season ends so i can binge watch it instead of paying. there isn't even a paying option for the show anyway so oh well.

Two episodes in and its great so far. I was expecting alot of violence and theres been hardly any. lol. They have made some changes from the video game to live action and they make sense to me. Without spoiling, basically in the game you come across alot of information in the form of notes, writings, etc that you usually find on corpses or desks or drawers from looting. That would take to long in the show so they just have some random conversations with some person in the show that cover the key parts. There were other key changes to that I won't get into to avoid spoilers. At the end of the first episode there was a preview of episodes to come like a mini trailer. In one of the last segments of that quick clip of about 2 seconds I definitely saw a scene right from the last moments of the first game. And at the pace the second episode already covered it looks like the entirety of the first game will be done in this first season. Very fast pacing for the show and I'm glad they're not dragging it out into some 5 season mess of extra characters and BS. So far I am very impressed with the show and the sets are spot on accurate with scenes from the game. I am hoping more action starts up soon tho.

On 1/21/2023 at 2:03 PM, slippers said:

but there goes live action joel, picking up that dead man's weapon like it's nothing..lol.

Yes! XD lmao! When I saw him do that I thought to myself, then why the hell couldn't I get that gun at the beginning of the game!? XD

"Very fast pacing for the show and I'm glad they're not dragging it out into some 5 season mess of extra characters and BS."

That's what i like about it even though i only saw a glimpse of the first episode, bc i only could handle a 2nd season of the walking dead bc they were dragging and dragging to all its worth. but i'm scared what they'll do when they reach to the 2nd game of the storyline. 

i'm watching it free thru those movie/tv reaction videos..but man..that "you are my kind of grizzly bear" scene had me laughing. XD 

the ellie girl seems to be growing on me. she's really believable and a good actress.  

XD toad and yoshi..oh no lol. taking a little jab at this last of us woke agenda though

This show hit all my expectations except for the level of violence I was expecting. This was the best video game to live action production ever made IMO. I have a feeling it'll be two more seasons so Joel might not be killed off right away. I was talking to my brother about it last week and he made a good point. He told me the first game, if just playing all major plot points only, could be beaten in roughly 12-15 hours. But the sequel if playing all major plot points was a much larger game and took around 25+ hours. So I could see the second game taking up maybe 2 seasons of 8-9 eps each.