Sledgstone

All upcoming Star Wars shows and movies announced

isnt that too many? O_o i would have hard time keeping up with just one or even two these days. after bad reception from last jedi, i thought obi wan show was cancelled. i was kinda hoping events would take place during clone wars though..yeah i get that actors are old but we have deepfakes that could work on those actors now. and i dont know how hayden christionsen(?) gonna pull darth vader..he hates sand so maybe thats where obi hid rotfl. rogue squadron sounds good too but if events take place after return of jedi then it would be dull imo.

yougorelena_slippers.jpg.c0d3609d8437d663780655f59789e591.jpg

After what they did to Star Wars with the sequel trilogy I've written the entirety of the series off now and won't be coming back. Disney took something I loved and literally drove it into the ground and there's just no way I can forgive that (or the heinous sequel movies). Plus I just don't see the point in paying for another streaming service just to watch these shows (I already spend $50 or so a month for streaming services, don't need to up that anymore).

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

On 12/12/2020 at 6:45 PM, slippers said:

isnt that too many? O_o i would have hard time keeping up with just one or even two these days.

I thought so to, but it is over the course of a couple years tho. Most of these shows don't even have a release date yet so I wouldn't be surprised if some get delayed.

On 12/12/2020 at 6:54 PM, Strider Hiryu said:

After what they did to Star Wars with the sequel trilogy I've written the entirety of the series off now and won't be coming back.

I hear ya on that. Mandalorian is the amazing though. :tup: If they can keep all future products at this quality or higher they might actually save Star Wars. The saving grace of Mandalorian is that its basically a direct sequel to Star Wars Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels. Its not necessary to watch those series to enjoy Mandalorian but you get alot more context out of the show if you've seen those series. And thats why I think they might save Star Wars in the end. All those sequel movies were pointless because Disney just let directors make whatever shit they wanted instead of having an overarching series/movies spanning plot line. But Mandalorian is directly tied in and respects the existing canon that was established. I'm hyped for the Ashoka series. :D 

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Mando can be as amazing as it wants to be (it helps when the guy behind it and the animated shows basically trained under and knew where Lucas was going to take the series) but that just won't save what Disney is doing to the franchise as a whole for me. It's hard when your fandom wasn't cemented by movie lore but by extended lore (I fell in love with SW from the books and video games, not the movies (though they did play a big role in what drew me in). As I said in another topic awhile ago my best friend is the one that really drew me into SW due to his immense fandom) and to have everything I loved about Star Wars tossed into the shredder because Disney didn't want to deal with having to place new stories into existing lore just killed it for me. I really tried to accept what Disney was doing but I just can't see past how horribly they handled the sequel trilogy and I just can't forgive the dumping of years of extended lore for this.

I do want to watch Mando and eventually I will (only because of the stellar reviews it's getting) but that's it for me. I had no interest in Clone Wars or Rebels (I do know what happens and all the events that take place in said shows) and my only real draw to Mando is my obsession with Mandalorians as a people/culture (Boba Fett has always been my favorite SW character, not entirely sure I like how they're treating him in Mando though (yes, I do know whats going on). I prefer his original backstory and his continuation past the movies).

Edited by Strider Hiryu

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

As someone that never read a single EU book. I'm still down with Star Wars outside of the sequel trilogy. With how they're canonizing KOTOR lore with Mando, on top of it being the best piece of Star Wars media since the OG trilogy. My faith is being restored. Give me a Kyle Katarn Jedi Outcast series and you'll win me forever. I'm not sold the the Cassian series. Its an odd choice. He was just a cliche character in Rogue One. We know he dies. Eh. If the High Republic series is the one Kathleen Kennedy is doing, we can just throw that whole era away. As far as I'm concerned Dave Filoni and Jon Favreau should be the only ones touching Star Wars, or picking the people that touch it.

I will watch the Bad Batch. I thought that was a neat set of characters from Clone Wars.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I hear ya @Strider Hiryu I still have all my old Star Wars books that aren't canon anymore. :( But at least Thrawn is canon. :D I'm really wondering if Star Wars will retcon the sequel trilogy. I read some theories that they're going to "multiverse" Star Wars and say that trilogy happened in an alternate one and not the prime one. Star Wars has always loved retconning things so they might just do that. They could easily do it with one of these series or a movie and just say some character found some ancient alien tech, yada yada yada, theres now a multiverse or it always existed and heres how its playing out now.

Bad Batch looks great. I'm glad they're making another animated series in that same style. They were definitely some unique characters.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg