Sledgstone

The Boys - Amazon Prime Series

Supes have been committing atrocities, which keep getting swept under the rug because they are revered by the adoring public. Billy Butcher recruits The Boys who have all been wronged by The Seven, the world’s most notorious superheroes, to bring them down and stop the corruption. Based on the best-selling comics by Garth Ennis, The Boys is a revenge story where the nobodies take on the somebodies.

About The Boys: The Boys is an irreverent take on what happens when superheroes, who are as popular as celebrities, as influential as politicians and as revered as Gods, abuse their superpowers rather than use them for good. It's the powerless against the super powerful as The Boys embark on a heroic quest to expose the truth about "The Seven", and their formidable Vought backing.

The trailer has quite a few spoilers IMO but it does show some action without going much into the plot. I highly highly recommend this series. Seasons 1 & 2 are on Amazon Prime. I finished season 2 a couple days ago. Awesome show, great cast, great acting, great writing, etc. Apparently its based off the comics that I didn't know about until after I finished season 2. Extremely violent, very gory at times, some sexual content and a crap load of dark humor. Its a completely different take on superheroes compared to DC and Marvel movies. Most of the supers have all kinds of issues and many of them have no problem killing people or letting people die in collateral damage.. and others are straight up psychotic but present themselves as America's beloved heroes. CG effects, costumes, etc. are all top notch too. I don't know what kind of massive budget Amazon threw at this series but it paid off IMO. Amazing show. Hard to believe the guy that made Supernatural made this show. I love Supernatural, but this show is filmed like a movie.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg