DeathscytheX

Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War

I like the move away from frequent devastating streaks in general. Especially the climate of the game. MW2's outrageously powerful streaks only worked because all the guns were OP too. the new MW game worked for what it was. Guns were semi balanced, streaks were powerful but way less frequent because TTK was fast enough to balance people from getting them. This game seems to put streaks at a high reach point but make them not easy to shoot down to be rewarding to get them.

Combined arms looks like battlefield conquest lite. I watched a snow map full of tanks and snow mobiles that looked interesting, but this navel one looks like a piece of that BF3 map and BF2's Iron Gator map.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I played a few hours of the Alpha. I enjoyed it but I knew going in that the AK74u and M16 were super OP. After trying some other guns, I just stuck with those. The AK74u needs a nerf, but the M16 is fine I think. Its still a burst with a delay. Matches were fast paced, lots of action. Not many campers. The score streaks were a grind to get... I'm kind glad we took a step back from doors everywhere. The slide motion felt more fluid. I'm not happy they nerfed drop shotting but not bunny hopping. They should nerf both or neither. If you drop to prone when you're shooing your gun automatically kicks out of ADS to hipfire. This is BS when you can hop around corners and stay in ADS.

The Desert map is kinda trash. Everyone wants to snipe, and sniping is a bit too easy in this game. It was a little annoying at first but then I got put against a coordinated team that basically spawn trapped us by sniping and having one or two guys running back and forth to spawn flip. It was very disorienting and at times you'd spawn and get domed immediately. Def the least fun match of the night. 

This was by far the worst campaign in the history of COD IMO. Not because the content was bad. But you could tell it was wholly incomplete. It legitimately felt like half a campaign. The end sucked, and felt like a mid way twist rather than an end. Some of the concepts were cool that they added and it could have been so much more. Like you could collect evidence for side missions to unlock them, but there were only 2 side missions and they were extremely short. I think there was a total of 5-6 missions outside of that. The swap they had to make from Sledgehammer to Treyarch is apparent here.