slippers

dead classmates?

do you google for your old friends or foes over the years and to see what happened to them? recently i found my old yearbook from 8th grade and randomly searched for my old classmates. to my surprise two of them passed away. im pretty sure there are more. i tried to look for others but some of their names are too common and results are like hundreds of ppl with same names on facebook/instagram/mylife etc so i gave up.

so one of them joined a marine and died in a car accident a couple days before his deployment to iraq in 2002. another one died in 2017 but doesnt say how in his obituary page..but i found his mugshot page with multiple drug posession charges so im guessing drug overdoes or suicide. both of them were assholes during middle school years but kinda mellowed out and matured during high school years. kinda puts you in a perspective that same ppl you went to school with didnt even get a chance to live their full adult life.

and this ones not a classmate but someone i had arguments over and over on a different messageboard around 2007 - 2009. we both disliked each other and he was such a stuck up prick i couldnt stand him. i ended up getting him banned somehow and i quit the board later on. not long after i found that yearbook, i found out that he died in 2015. his friends were talking about his death on their messageboard so thats how i knew. massive heartattack at 40 yrs old bc of heavy drinking. he got depressed bc his close friend committed suicide after he got deported (its his fault trying to forge documents and got caught). both were canadians and he was living in new zealand or something. now i think back, i dont even know what all those stupid arguments were about. kinda feel sorry for him too that he died alone in his apartment. eh just random thoughts from binge watching zombie movies and news about corona related deaths 💀 

yougorelena_slippers.jpg.c0d3609d8437d663780655f59789e591.jpg

Any of the few friends I actually considered friends from high school are all still friends with me on facebook even if we don't actually talk much on there if at all. As for other friends or foes, I haven't looked up any of them. I know Lady had some friends that have passed away over the years that she found out about from other people or old friends.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

that sucks. oh and say hi to lady for me. i dont think she posts here anymore 😛 i hope shes doing good

i remember my brother seemed shocked and upset when he found out his classmate (use to be his science lab partner and said he was really nice) died in a car accident and had to go to his funeral. it was like a couple months after their college graduation so that was like back in 2004. to think you spend your half of your young life on study and only after finishing all that hard work you get killed..maybe thats why i never liked studying and school seemed like a waste of time to me..

and theres this girl, i never met her but my mom and my brother knew her bc they use to go to same church together. she was very well known in her TKD (taekwondo) sports community for giving her olympics spot to her injured friend back in 2000 sydney olympics. she was on news and everything. she died at age 40 died of liver and kidneys failures last december. its so weird how she died though as if death was planning her demise like in final destination. she was already malnutritioned and wouldnt eat anything, and she only drank strong liquor so she was very weak and her bones were fragile despite warning from her doc many times over the years to stop drinking. one day she saw a cockroach on a wall and she tried to sidekick it. the impact of hitting a wall with her foot traveled all the way up to her spine and cracked it. she went to hospital for back pain but instead she went into coma. she was conscious for following week and doc told her she was too weak to do surgery. for the first time she agreed to have dialysis but it was too late. even though she was sedated, still she died an agonizing death after they removed her feeding tube. her mom waited until she woke up from coma, she wanted to let her know she will die and to say goodbye. she turned this way all bc her dad decided to leave his family and screw around with his young assistant at his dojo, she hated even associating with TKD she once loved so she got a job as a bartender and that started the whole thing. i know it was still her choice to make changes but oh well

Years before 2010 I joined Classmates.com. That's a site is worthless when everyone goes elsewhere to look for people they knew.

Wouldn't have mattered much anyway as all my friends were her friends.

And my Frenemies are people I'd like to avoid.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

i heard that site is a scam, charges you annually for something you are not even interested in. and it seems like a lot of ppl have abandoned their facebook bc some havent updated in almost a decade

i think tried to look up my old crush several years ago but it seems like she disappeared into thin air. last time i saw her was on a local tv channel. she was playing for her high school basketball team back in 2001

Looking at the topic headers in this section is just ... ouufff, from 'Banana in a pizza?' to 'dead classmates?' ... you're toying with our heartstrings here, slippers! 

I only know of one of my batchmates that died of a heart attack. I met him for an evening when he came to New York with his wife on a US holiday tour. He was one of the good guys, we used to play cricket a lot cos he lived in the neighboring apartment complex. What's sad is that his wife was pregnant when he died. What's also sad is that he had a younger brother, who also passed away 3/4 years prior to him passing away - suspected homicide or at least the family thinks his brother's wife pushed him off a high rise apartment floor - some 16/17 floors in Singapore. That's just life. The parents must be devastated. 

Edited by Pchan

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

i dont think banana in a pizza is my thread lmao. i used to work at edible arrangements, cutting bananas and pineapples all morning and delivered finished products to customers. they have this unique stench that ill never forget when you add dishsoap to wash them off. now days just a sight of pineapples make me want to gag X_x

man thats sad. but yeah thats life. all our days are numbered. i had dental problems recently and i keep thinking about my excoworker who died a couple years back. he was an asshole but before he died like one year prior he used all his savings to replace his entire upper teeth. i mean he didnt know he was going to die of cancer but he could have used that money to go on a vacation or on something meaningful. i feel like im wasting my life just working. i really missed a lot of important family events because of it. oh well. 

and i wanted to mention this also when i made this thread but never came up. about 10 something years ago, it had to be around 2008, i had a fight with my brother and he got behind me and choked me out. last thing i said was i cant breathe and next thing i know i was up in the ceiling looking down at my own body LOL. i looked to my left and theres a ceiling fan and i was like why is this fan blade so close to my face? but the cool thing was i didnt like physically move my head..its like all i had to do was think it and thats where i looked. anyway as soon as he let go, i opened my eyes O_o i was so calm and wasnt even angry anymore. i didnt feel any pain either so it was pretty cool experience. i didnt tell anyone until some years later. i didnt want ppl to think im crazy lol

37 minutes ago, slippers said:

I didn't tell anyone until some years later. I didn't want people to think I'm crazy lol

I would've preferred to go through your form of crazy instead of mine back in the early 2000s.

I never told anyone my own, but at the time everyone thought I was insane anyway.

There is a reason to why I keep my dirty thoughts to fictional characters.

I never hear them yell "Stop" in my head.

That was the 1st & last time I've heard a voice in my head since.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

^ ever since i was little, my grandma warned me not to answer back at a voice im not familiar with, if i do, ill get possessed. when i first came to the States, i use to live in an old house which i believed was haunted. so one day i was lying down in a downstairs hallway (it leads to a small restroom but the hallway itself is very narrow and dark), i hear a woman's soft voice calling my name, like whispering but didnt sound friendly at all. i stayed dead silent, and she called me again. now im scared..one more time she called and i stayed quiet. i was thinking to myself thats it. they only call you three times..i passed the test..then BAM a picture frame just drops like an half inch away from my face. holy shit it was a sharp corner that hit the ground first. was she trying to warn me of danger or was she angry that i didnt answer her back?? i really have no idea why i was lying there to begin with because i remember i hardly ever go in there because it feels eerie. i checked the house and no one except my mom was upstairs and she told me she never called out my name. when i told that story later on, my grandma and my mom both recall a woman calling their names in their dream telling them to come outside, including my dad but he said it was my grandpa instead, who passed away when i was two, calling him to join him. anyway i remember recieving a family photo from a mail to the right address..assuming they were the previous residents of the house..about six months after we moved in so theres really no reason why that photo showed up the way it did. and we all looked at each other like..yup.. this house is definitely haunted. O_o

meh it was just so random, avoidable death..yesterday one of long time regular customers died suffering from a punctured lung. his friend said he had an old wound, and when he fell down one of his ribs pierced through. thats what they suspected bc he had hard time breathing but ended up being true. when he fell on the floor for the second time trying to open a soda bottle i guess it made it worse. but he just refused to go to hospital and his friend made him go after 2nd day as he was suffering. but it was too late, just one day in hospital and hes gone. bled internally and probably poisoned his body. he was around 60, had bad knees bc he did constructing jobs carrying heavy stuff when he was young..and his adult children dont even care i hear. he recently bought a van from his friend with his 3rd stimulus check and he was pretty happy about it. just stupid things that make us happy you know..he was waiting for it to get titled in his name so he can start driving but that never happened. his doc told him to stop smoking and drinking for several years now but he couldnt cut his bad habits and he thought thats what was gonna get him in the end but then this happens. he always called me timonthy because tim rhymed with my last name lol. gonna miss that. bleh. RIP david. whats more sad is his survivng friend lost another roomate this year, fell down breaking his right shoulder during winter storm and he never recovered from that.

On 4/8/2020 at 11:20 AM, slippers said:

that sucks. oh and say hi to lady for me. i dont think she posts here anymore 😛 i hope shes doing good

i remember my brother seemed shocked and upset when he found out his classmate (use to be his science lab partner and said he was really nice) died in a car accident and had to go to his funeral. it was like a couple months after their college graduation so that was like back in 2004. to think you spend your half of your young life on study and only after finishing all that hard work you get killed..maybe thats why i never liked studying and school seemed like a waste of time to me..

and theres this girl, i never met her but my mom and my brother knew her bc they use to go to same church together. she was very well known in her TKD (taekwondo) sports community for giving her olympics spot to her injured friend back in 2000 sydney olympics. she was on news and everything. she died at age 40 died of liver and kidneys failures last december. its so weird how she died though as if death was planning her demise like in final destination. she was already malnutritioned and wouldnt eat anything, and she only drank strong liquor so she was very weak and her bones were fragile despite warning from her doc many times over the years to stop drinking. one day she saw a cockroach on a wall and she tried to sidekick it. the impact of hitting a wall with her foot traveled all the way up to her spine and cracked it. she went to hospital for back pain but instead she went into coma. she was conscious for following week and doc told her she was too weak to do surgery. for the first time she agreed to have dialysis but it was too late. even though she was sedated, still she died an agonizing death after they removed her feeding tube. her mom waited until she woke up from coma, she wanted to let her know she will die and to say goodbye. she turned this way all bc her dad decided to leave his family and screw around with his young assistant at his dojo, she hated even associating with TKD she once loved so she got a job as a bartender and that started the whole thing. i know it was still her choice to make changes but oh well
She hardly spoke to me and was walking without me more often with the girls with whom we used to quarrel, and in general, they were enemies. One day she walked and didn't even say hello. After that, we went to different cities and never saw each other again. I recently found out that she works on the Internet and sells mba essay editing services. Now I think I should forget old high school grudges and try to write to her! It's very sad when you stop communicating with someone you've spent a lot of time with one day!

Pretty interesting.

Edited by Sledgstone
Removed link

On 5/13/2021 at 12:58 PM, Pchan said:

Looking at the topic headers in this section is just ... ouufff, from 'Banana in a pizza?' to 'dead classmates?' ... you're toying with our heartstrings here, slippers! 

I only know of one of my batchmates that died of a heart attack. I met him for an evening when he came to New York with his wife on a US holiday tour. He was one of the good guys, we used to play cricket a lot cos he lived in the neighboring apartment complex. What's sad is that his wife was pregnant when he died. What's also sad is that he had a younger brother, who also passed away 3/4 years prior to him passing away - suspected homicide or at least the family thinks his brother's wife pushed him off a high rise apartment floor - some 16/17 floors in Singapore. That's just life. The parents must be devastated.  Discovering my old 8th-grade yearbook was a nostalgic journey that turned unexpectedly somber. As I randomly searched for my old classmates, I was met with the heartbreaking revelation that two of them had passed away. It was a stark reminder of the passage of time and the fragility of life. Reflecting on our shared memories and the potential that was cut short was a poignant experience. This episode has sparked my interest in writing about the importance of staying connected with old friends and cherishing the moments we have. It's a subject that I believe warrants an SPAM article review example to highlight how revisiting the past can shape our perspective on the present and future.

Thanks. Nice information.

Edited by Sledgstone
Removed link