Sledgstone

Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)

^ virtual hug sound so depressing :( but glad to hear you had fun with your family. 

"Meanwhile her husband lost his sense of taste and was sick for only a day."

the post office lady i mentioned in earlier post said she was sick for 2 weeks and she said she still couldnt taste anything either. so yeah i ate that turkey that customer brought and that evening i came down with the exact same sickness that i suffered a month prior. it also lasted only a day so hey what a coincidence O_o. 

--------------------------

this is really heartbreaking. theres a bar across the street from my workplace and its been closed for months. im not complaining bc my work is considered essential and im not suffering financially for now but like the lady said in the video, its practically samething like we both sell food and beer but ones still open and ones closed. we arent bombarded with strict covid restrictions like restaurants and bars have to deal with. we only need a few visible mask signs here and there and thats about it. even though i dont feel strongly about covid being that serious, it feels like these covid regulations are made up as you go like ones way too extreme while others are way too lenient. everyones like saying we should have all closed down everything for 2 weeks when ppl were panic buying and prepared to stay home when everyones literally scared for life earlier this year. now most ppl want their jobs back and becoming more bitter about another looming lockdowns. 

yougorelena_slippers.jpg.c0d3609d8437d663780655f59789e591.jpg

That sucks for that lady's business. They're doing the same crap here. They "orange zoned" more areas near me recently so most of the county I live in closed down and non essential businesses like hair salons, barber shops, movie theaters, etc. all closed again. I think the big thing everyone is frustrated with is not just the forced closing, but no compensation from the government anymore for those closures. Like earlier in the year they had that covid bill that passed giving small businesses those forgivable loans and everyone got paid $2400 extra a month to stay home. Alot of people took advantage of that and now all thats done but covid is still causing lock downs. The government needs to completely change their lock down rules or maybe pass another bill to compensate businesses for forcing them to close (hopefully not that extravagant again, but I wouldn't mind another stimulus check, lol.). With the way the government is right now, I don't see any bill passing at all. Meanwhile here, winter is hitting and all the restaurants that have outdoor eating are going to be screwed because when the snow really starts falling and temps really drop hard, nobody will want to eat outside in a plastic bubble with a space heater in it. Those places will start closing up permanently. Hopefully we get a vaccine soon. I wouldn't rush out to get a vaccine myself, but if they tie a stimulus check to it.. "get the vaccine and get $1200 stimulus" I'd jump in line for that vaccine in a heartbeat. XD

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

its only time before theyd do another lockdown here in houston as well. i heard s.cali now are in stay at home order. and yeah they keep pushing back promises of stimulus and loans, everyones gonna suffer. most of warehouse workers are gone here, they came during lunch break buying beer and deli, but some of them still live around the neighborhood, they come and let us know that they were laid off in mass numbers at a time. itll eventually affect my workplace too, we already lost a lot of regular customers since this year.

im really against taking vaccine though. i think luring ppl to get vaccine with stimulus is very plausible, O_o it might end up forcing ppl too if mass # of ppl still refused. last month or so 50+ died from new flu vaccine in s.korea. even though news says this new flu vaccine was not related to covid, id guess they were testing on ppl and then covered it up as just a normal flu vaccine that went awry..right. even if it offered a million i would never take it lol. it just doesnt feel right to me. if im forced to wear my mask in public forever, ill take that instead of taking vaccine as im so use to it by now 

im catching up to technology..lol. i did my first mobile deposit tonight and it was super easy. if anyone hasnt tried yet, you just download the appropriate app for your bank and take pics of your check (front and back) and thats all you do. most banks are drive thru only and lines are ridiculously long now. i dont even attempt to go anymore. i can cash checks from my manager but he gives me the look because i bring him like 4 to 6 checks at a time lol..the bank i normally went to got closed permanently, so i thought about opening a new bank account for deposit only at someplace closer to home but now i dont have to. i can understand why most banks dont allow ppl in anymore except appointments only bc ppl can hide their faces much easier by wearing masks..plus they dont have to employee that many ppl bc you only need a few ppl to operate a drive thru. sucks for them to lose their jobs like this but it became much convinient for me i guess, forcing me to try new things etc.

13 hours ago, slippers said:

im really against taking vaccine though. i think luring ppl to get vaccine with stimulus is very plausible, O_o it might end up forcing ppl too if mass # of ppl still refused. last month or so 50+ died from new flu vaccine in s.korea. even though news says this new flu vaccine was not related to covid, id guess they were testing on ppl and then covered it up as just a normal flu vaccine that went awry..right. even if it offered a million i would never take it lol. it just doesnt feel right to me. if im forced to wear my mask in public forever, ill take that instead of taking vaccine as im so use to it by now 

I'm hesitant to take a brand new vaccine before it gets widescale use by a much larger group of people than just the drug company's case trials. Mostly because some vaccines do great in trials but when widescale used issues can arise like with the dengue fever vaccine:

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2019/05/03/719037789/botched-vaccine-launch-has-deadly-repercussions

But if a vaccine has been proven to be effective and safe I'd jump on it. I had chicken pox as a kid and that was 2 weeks of crap right there, but I've seen an entire generation never have chicken pox, which is awesome. No chicken pox means they'll never get shingles when they're older either. My mom gets shingles about once a year or every other year as a result of chicken pox as a kid. Theres a shingles vaccine, but that only lasts up to five years and I can't remember if she gets that or not. I will say tho, I'm damn glad my parents gave me the polio vaccine when I was a kid. Polio doesn't effect everybody just like covid doesn't effect everybody.. but if polio did effect you, you can get permanent paralysis and a screwed up spine for life. Screw that. I was talking with Lady's dad the one day about vaccines, he was like "I remember when everybody was getting polio in school, what a disaster that was. That vaccine worked great and everything started to go back to normal." I guess they were lucky back in those days that polio was only an epidemic and more controlled instead of covid being a pandemic.

6 hours ago, slippers said:

im catching up to technology..lol. i did my first mobile deposit tonight and it was super easy. if anyone hasnt tried yet, you just download the appropriate app for your bank and take pics of your check (front and back) and thats all you do. most banks are drive thru only and lines are ridiculously long now. i dont even attempt to go anymore.

I'm glad that works good for you. I still haven't tried mobile deposits myself, mostly because I don't usually get any checks I need to cash. The bank near me usually has no line since I only ever use the atm. I can use their atm after bank hours to make a deposit since it has the check cashing/deposit feature.

^ one of my bank's ATMs is incoviniently placed in a drive thru lol. the one that got closed didnt even have a drive thru. anyway i read google review about this location and ppl complaining about how it never works and it eats money and no ones really there to assist them lol. theres a small local bank that allows entrance so im thinking about opening an account there bc i need to deposit some cash too. 

——————————————

there are 6 death reported from covid volunteers recently. my coworker showed me an article from spanish newspaper but it doesnt state exactly where, only that it was in the US. i dont know how accurate the source is but after getting a vaccine, they died within 3 to 60 days span of cardiac arrest, and they were in there 50s and 60s. pretty scary if its true, bc vaccines are suppose be ready and available to public soon

On 12/12/2020 at 6:56 PM, slippers said:

^ one of my bank's ATMs is incoviniently placed in a drive thru lol. the one that got closed didnt even have a drive thru. anyway i read google review about this location and ppl complaining about how it never works and it eats money and no ones really there to assist them lol. theres a small local bank that allows entrance so im thinking about opening an account there bc i need to deposit some cash too. 

I have an account at one bank that has an ATM that looks like its at least 50 years old. XD The atm is so outdated it can't even accept money or check deposits. I mostly use M & T banks and their atms are top notch. Money and check deposits right there at the atm and it'll print a receipt with a low quality image of the check with deposit amount for your own records after the deposit. Most of the larger size M&T banks have a drive thru lane dedicated to only the atm and an additional atm inside the building that is locked at night. I have to insert and remove my debit card at the door to get access like a key card, that room is huge, glass windows everywhere and fully lit up with security cameras everywhere. Then the main lobby to the bank is completely locked from inside that atm lobby and you can only get in the bank itself during normal hours. The smaller branch of the M&T only has a drive up atm but its in the same lane as a regular window so if you go to it during normal hours you might have to wait a bit if they are busy.

BTW I forgot to say that M&T and most of the other banks I've used will almost always wave all monthly checking fees as long as you have direct deposit setup with your employer. I still have 3 different checking accounts, 2 are for rainy day funds and emergencies and I keep them active and cost free by having $10 a pay check go to each of those 2 accounts. If you have direct deposit see if your bank can wave any monthly or yearly fees for you.

And more covid news. I heard all of NY State might be going back into another complete lockdown soon. That will kill off any businesses that have been struggling already. About once a week I'm reading a story about another small business permanently shutting down around here. The latest one was a couple days ago, one well known bar that was in business for 60 years is having its last day this upcoming friday and then its done for good.

my checking account gives me 2 options to avoid a fee each month. one is to have a certain amount of daily balance in it or make a direct deposit of $500. one time i did a transfer from my emergency account to my current checking account bc i needed some funds to pay and it counted as a direct deposit. i could just transfer back and forth every month without paying a fee that way too lol. but this is a really old account, opened it when i was like 18. and with bad rep its getting from news in recent years, ill just use it as a backup account when i get a new one later.

thats really sad that ppl are losing their livelihood. if availability of vaccine somehow eases things down, thatll be great and we'll hopefully get back to normal, but i have a feeling this vaccine will cause more havoc than covid because its being rushed and pretend its suppose to work. most ppl i know says let others take it first and see what happens to them..i mean thats not a confident thing to say when someone says they found a cure for something that public desperately needs. i watched an old documentary long ass time ago about a morning sickness pill for pregnant women back in 60s. it took 2 years for them to alert that those who took the pills have babies born without limbs (affected 46 countries, w/ tens of thousands children born with deformities). who knows what long term effect this vaccine will have it on ppl in such a way or worse, scary thought.

this is one of my concerns, what if someone follows around ups/fed ex trucks and take your packages? holiday seasons added with covid restrictions on retail stores, ppl are ordering more and more online, plus many package thieves wear masks now so thats no help. i always considered lucky that the front door to our house is hidden by garage and bushes so you cant see the door unless you go around the garage and walk up very close. but i did get a couple of security cameras just incase and installed around the house to make sure it actually arrives. i got two packages today since like 8am and they just sat there for 7 - 8 hours until i came home. been kinda staring at my phone at work to see if any strangers come near by lol. i seldom see packages in plain sight when i drive, passing by residents area and it seems so easy to just take one and not get caught. i wish there was a better way to protect ppls deliveries rather than just sit and wait. 

$600 stimulus is a joke. im not for giving ppl free money but it wasnt even ppls fault for losing their jobs to begin with. that puny amount doesnt even cover one month’s rent in most states. just let ppl get back to work. most ppl would rather work than recieve that kind of chump change. ever since chris benoits murder-suicide back in 2007, ive been reading any news articles that related to that. it was like average from one murder-suicide news every 3 months before lockdown to one murder-suicide news every 3 DAYS after lockdown. shitload amount of unnecessary pressure put on them from eviction, unemployment, restrictions, etc., and no wonder ppl are losing it. i read recent articles about young japanese and korean women committing suicide due to covid isolation, far exceeds the deaths from covid itself..i keep asking myself, for what? oh that 99.99996% something survival rate flu. i see.[/rant]  

are they deciding on $2000 stimulus now? this isnt kids play, wow. make up your mind already.

so far biden, aoc, even texas gov are getting live vaccine shots, what it seems to be like they are trying to encourage ppl to take one before making it mandatory. next year might be worse when vaccine becomes available to public

a couple more banks are temporary closed now in my area. i was about to open an account on one of them. now im not so sure. ill just find a working atm to deposit cash when my new debit card arrives. its nearly becoming impossible to get a service in person

I thought we were going to get that $600 one. I'm not expecting anything anytime soon at this point. And closing businesses seems so damn stupid to me even more now. I went to the grocery store yesterday and they were slamming busy. I'm sure Walmart was having one of the busiest days ever to. Those places were never shut down during all of 2020 and if they can be this packed now and that's OK, I don't see how having a small gift store/ small business or movie theater being closed is helping keep the public safe at all.

I checked my bank account this morning and me and lady both got our $600 stimuluses as of today. The system in place for depositing stimulus money from last time must have all the bugs worked out because thats a hell of alot faster money deposit than last time.

The subway near my house permanently closed. :( They definitely stayed closed way to long with covid initially hit. When all the restaurants re-opened that location stayed closed for an extra handful of months for some reason before finally opening back up. Too little too late. That building is completely vacant now. I found a link on syracuse.com with permanent closings of different restaurants in the surrounding area.

https://www.syracuse.com/restaurants/2020/12/how-brutal-has-2020-been-for-cny-restaurants-can-it-get-worse-see-closings-list.html

Still haven't gotten mine. but my parents did. Maybe you'll get lucky and an actual respectable sub shop will move into that spot. Subway sauces are good but everything else is such low quality. They literally just put pre cut, sliced, Oscar Meyer meat on your sandwhich. I get that its cheap, but nah fam. I can't do it no more. They're making a profit off a $5 footlong, that just tells you what you're putting into your body when you eat there. If I'm going to do that, I'm gonna go all the way with the chemical goodness and hit that McRib. XDXDXD

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Lmao! I almost ate a McRib yesterday but I remembered banquet frozen rib meat tastes better. XD

I'll miss that subway teriyaki chicken with sweet onion sauce... but there's another location right in the Walmart I shop at if I get desperate for a sub. XD

I also forgot to say... my friend and his 1 year old son both got covid. The baby had a fever for a couple days and was fine. But my friend had some high fevers that came and went over 1.5 weeks and the first 3 days he said everything tasted off, but by the end of the week he had no sense of taste at all. It's been almost 2 weeks and he's doing better now.

The China Buffet I use to eat at has been permanently closed since last year.

I only like eating at Subway because their bread isn't thick.

I'm annoyed that McDonald's brought back the McRib instead of it's seasonal eggnog milkshake.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

A friend of Lady's that works in healthcare got her first dose of one of the covid vaccines yesterday. So far shes had no reactions to it which is good. Also, that same woman that got the vaccine lost her mother in law to covid. Some of the local stores around a 8 minute drive from my house have been closing up with no details. An Ollies bargain outlet sent me an email about being closed until further notice. People are saying they don't have enough staff to keep open because so many have covid.

Edit: I forgot to say that same Ollies is basically right across the street from the company my friend works at. He got covid and has been sick for a while but he seems to be doing alot better now. Took about 2 weeks for it to run its course through him. I'll probably see him this weekend to hang outside with him for a while.. while wearing masks and keeping some distance.

Edited by Sledgstone
Added a sentence

my brother’s wife got a second vaccine today and its worse than first. she works at a medical company so i dont know if she had a choice. her arms are in pain and with high fever. her coworkers get different symtoms like tiredness, slept all day, or have really bad headache. some are excited johnson&johnson is releasing a one time shot vaccine but i remember they were being sued for their baby powder that was causing cancer. it was done quitely in the news but there was another person who died after taking the vaccine. i really hope it doesnt become mandatory, some countries are now considering travel ban on those who dont take the shot. and it seems like we’ll get $1400 before March. we have masks mandate for almost a year now and vaccines becoming more available but thats not good enough. im sure this covid flu will mutate and become immune to vaccine too and have more reason to control ppl

That sucks that they're getting reactions from the vaccines. I wonder if they're getting the same one my doctors and dentists offices are getting. I had a virtual appt with my doctor a couple weeks ago and he said him and all the other doctors and staff all got their first doses a few weeks before my appointment and nobody had any side effects. Same with my dentist. I'll have to ask them what vaccine they got. I'll see about getting that one myself.

Regardless if it came from a lab or from some wet market it originated from China. I'm really surprised there isn't alot more news of countries raging against China's government and it's policies for causing all this. Instead we have asians around the world getting attacked with race crimes which is pointless as they're regular people like everyone else that don't deserve that shit and they have nothing to do with the Chinese government's failures. 

A year later and covid is still screwing over the country. The debt of the country is astronomical now and I'm guessing that's the same for alot of other countries. Thanks Chinese government for dropping the ball on everything and screwing the planet.

NY decided to keep covid vaccines limited to the elderly only or front line workers for like 3 or 4 months. So of course because the majority of the people getting the vaccines were already old and unhealthy, whenever anyone got sick or died after they got a vaccine they blamed the vaccines. And of course all those cases spread like wild fire over the internet making everyone think the vaccine will kill them when most of the time it was other underlying conditions. NY's governor Cuomo finally decided to let younger people finally have access to the vaccine as of earlier this week. Me and lady got our first dose of the Pfizer vaccine yesterday. Aside from some arm soreness there's been no side effects for us. We get the second dose in 3 weeks.

What we need at this point is a "herd immunity goal". We need states to issue a solid number goal to reach the removal of mask mandates. If they can say "once NY hits 80% immunity we'll remove the mask mandate". If we can get a statement like that it'll motivate more people to get vaccinated and we can check the progress daily to see how close we're getting to going back to normal. It'll be a great motivational boost for people to see an actual end goal in sight.

Its because our government is more dysfunctional than at any point in history. Say what you want about Trump... he exposed it for what it was. There was literally no reason to reverse the executive order on insulin prices and now they're skyrocketing again because Trump bad. Biden is a fucking husk of a human being. You can't tell me thats the same person that debated Ryan in the VP debates when Romney was running. Each time the party switches they're just going to undo everything the last admin did and its gonna be a seesaw non stop every 4-8 years. Who is even running this nation? The debt is astronomical because neither party cares anymore. We have a super dependence on the Chinese for so much stuff now, we have to tread lightly. 

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

The only way we'll get any significant change is if we can get term limits and maximum age limits put in place for all political positions. The two political parties are all back and forth with their extremist views and they'll never agree with each other. Aside from the presidents that get swapped out, everyone in the highest positions of power are almost all the same old people that have been in power since I was a kid. They'll never agree on anything so they should all go. Instead they'll all keep hold of their power until the day they die. China could screw our country hard in a single day by selling its US debt holdings. China and Japan both hold over $1 trillion each of US debt and they can call in that debt whenever they want By selling their treasury bond holdings. As well as all our goods being imported from China our nation is completely dependant on China to continue functioning. They basically have us by the balls. They will be the main super power in the future surpassing the constantly divided seesaw USA.

Neither Trump nor Biden should have ever been president. These old dicks don't represent the actual real average American in the slightest.

https://politics.theonion.com/stress-of-presidency-already-ages-biden-10-years-1845565660

XD I laugh at this, but at the same time this is what he is now. I will be honestly surprised if he actually lives through all 4 years of his presidency.

Back to the latest covid stimulus people on SSI will get their $1400 stimulus this upcoming Wednesday April 7th:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/stimulus-check-social-security-recipients-payment-irs-april-7-deposit/