Sledgstone

The Outsider

Based on the best-selling novel by Stephen King, The Outsider premieres January 12 at 9pm on HBO. #HBO #TheOutsiderHBO

The 10-episode series follows police detective Ralph Anderson (Ben Mendelsohn), as he sets out to investigate the mutilated body of 11-year-old Frankie Peterson found in the Georgia woods. The mysterious circumstances surrounding this horrifying crime leads Ralph, still grieving the recent death of his own son, to bring in unorthodox private investigator Holly Gibney (Cynthia Erivo), whose uncanny abilities he hopes will help explain the unexplainable.

This ended recently on HBO and it was very good. The acting was great and the plot was good. A little slow at times, but its alot of suspense and build up to the realization of what they're dealing with. If you like crime drama with a bit of a paranormal/horror twist (this is based off Stephen King so it must be something paranormal/horror, lol.) then you won't be disappointed. For a one off series, I'm pleased. Now I hope more Stephen King properties get the HBO treatment. The only downside to the show is probably the few eps that have a strip club scene. I swear HBO cannot make a show without flashing women's tits all over the place.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg