Myk JL

The Invisible Man (2020)

So Universal's PG-13 Dark Universe is still dead and / or being replaced by Spider-Man characters thanks to Sony.

The Invisible Man (2020) as far as I can tell won't be connected to a bunch of other movies due to things I rather not have spoiled other than this is a Slow Burn Movie.

1. Birds Of Prey - 5/5
  2. The Invisible Man - 4/5
  3. The Gentlemen (2019?) - 4/5

No Movie Bob Review added because I think he said some spoilers.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

I enjoyed this movie. It was definitely a different take on the invisible ability compared to previous incarnations of the movie property. I remember another invisible man movie I liked with Kevin Bacon but I couldn't find it while searching "invisible man imdb" i had no idea there was that many movies. Wtf. It's like every other year they make one that I've never seen. Turns out the Kevin Bacon one is called Hollow Man. I completely forgot it was a different name. But in my googling it brought up the Invisible man series from back in 2000. That show was enjoyable even though it got canceled after 2 seasons.

Back to this 2020 movie I liked the ending but... spoilers for the Tom Cruise Mummy movie and this movie...

Spoiler

The Mummy and Invisible man have basically the same ending. The protagonists both defeat the villain with the powers and then takes the powers for their own. I bet they planned these outcomes to develop these characters into a kind of Dark Universe Avengers team for some combo movie that will never happen.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Hollow Man was really good. The only part of the plot that didn't make sense, unless they covered it in the movie and I forgot, was being naked all the time must have been uncomfortable. Its raining or chilly out nd he's got to be naked and cold.. and I couldn't imagine running around with my dick flopping all over the place, even invisible. Lmao. It sounds painful. XD

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg