Warcraft III: Reforged came out this week and it looks like the internet is angry like it always is. I never played multiplayer/competitve with the game so it doesn't bother me, but I can understand the frustration people can have especially since it completely screws up the original game's servers.

https://kotaku.com/warcraft-3-reforged-isn-t-much-of-an-upgrade-1841325885

I bought the Starcraft 1 remaster a couple black fridays ago for $7 and started playing it this week. I was expecting a bigger HD improvement but when I look back at the old SD version, it really is an improvement. Looking at Warcraft 3: Reforged, it looks like a good HD upgrade and thats all I thought it was going to be.

I think too many people thought this was going to be some giant completely new remake. They already did a remake before with Starcraft 1 and it looks pretty much just like the original game but all HD now. I'm planning on buying this and replaying WC3, but not at the current price tag. Maybe I'm being picky, but $30 for a game I already bought, played and beat years ago doesn't sound like a good price point to me.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

They pulled a Ubisoft basically. Quartering had some stills from someone's twitter, it basically it just looks like WC3 with SweetFX or Reshade on it. Some of the stuff they showed at blizzcon had more detailed shadows and textures than the final product. Apparently there was an expectation of more advance features like being able to control more than 12-14 units at a time, but the limit cap from the original remains. They probably should have just left it alone if they didn't really want to do this project. Its just a money grab. Outside WoW, they really don't give two shits about its RTS roots.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I watched that YongYea video on my lunch break. Most of that stuff I didn't know about, like remastered cut scenes, etc. I noticed in the starcraft remaster all the cut scenes are still the same old SD ones just cropped to widescreen monitors. All that legal stuff about mods and everything else mentioned was all news to me. It was a good video that explains more of the anger. As for me, none of that really affects my decision to buy it. lol. I've never used any custom maps, multiplayer, etc. and its always been about the campaign to me. I'll pick this up for a black friday sale again when its 50%+ off.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg