DeathscytheX

Vikings Final Season

I just caught up after getting 3 weeks behind. Now that I'm wiping my eyes dry. The best character of this series is gone. Kinda F'ed up how they did it, but she was already dying from an epic fight. Hvitserk got his addictive nature from Ragnar clearly but now he'll freak out more that he's taken the one thing Ivar wants, that is if Bjorn doesn't find out what hes done first. What a masterful acting by Bjorn by the way, the monologue was excellent. I can't even get into King Harald and Ivar parts which are equally interesting. I've been kinda cruising through this season with half interest since it started out slow, but its coming together midway through. The last 2 weeks have been pretty good. Since netflix is going to do a spinoff I wonder if its going to be based on Erik the Red who I assume just debuted.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Oh my god that funeral was so f*cking sad. 😭 I just watched it and got tears in my eyes. When a show can get a reaction from the audience like that then it was amazing. The funeral was exceptionally well done.

I hated Ivar and wanted to see him dead. I couldn't think of anything that would make me interested in him except his demise, but using him to introduce new characters has been very interesting.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Almost a year later because of covid... Vikings was sold from History channel to Amazon and Amazon Prime has the last half of the final season. I finished it last night. Great series. I loved this show.

Spoiler

I'm glad Bjorn didn't die in that battle with Ivar and in the end he definitely died like a legend. The Rus battles were great, but when Ubbe made it to North America I was way more interested in that plot line than anything else with Wessex at that point.  And to top it all off, to end the series with Floki.. :crywithno:

The show definitely hit its peak back in the day with Ragnar, but Lagertha and Bjorn really carried this series till the end. In the final half of the last season, Ubbe, Ivar and Hvitserk really shined as main characters. And by the final episode it definitely felt like the end of the age of the Vikings.

I think I stopped watching the show after S4 or S5, I don't remember. I remember there was a massive (orgy?) or sacrificial scene in the forest somewhere with his new wife at the time. I'll need to find it on one of these streaming platforms and watch it. 

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Omg, its funny, because if you download and watch the international version of Vikings its a very different show with random nudity and sex scenes. XD But the History channel version I watched had none of that. I didn't know there was some random orgies and stuff for years until I downloaded a few episodes I missed. XD