Sledgstone

Playstation 5

i went to my brother's house today and played ps5 little bit. he only has that new spiderman game for now so i lend him half of my ps4 games lol. he said the game crashed once, he just got it yesterday so that doesnt sound too comfy. he installed ghost of tsushima and it was pretty quick, i remember when i was installing it, it took awhile with my ps4. and i dont think there was any loading time now that i think about it. he kept asking me is it faster, does it look better? but idk i couldnt tell the difference, graphic or gameplay wise. its too early to tell from just a few ps5/4 games so yeah.

yougorelena_slippers.jpg.c0d3609d8437d663780655f59789e591.jpg

I tried to get one from the Walmart sale. All 4 drops the same thing happened. I got it into my cart, and there was endless loading and crashes trying to place the order until it was out of stock. Its so senseless. It should be reserved for you for at least 5 min until you can check out on a secure area of their servers. I pre entered all my info for my credit card, address, and not having their 2 year warranty.. but it still asked me for all of that or to verify it. Once again giving all the advantage to the bots while slowing down the humans. 

I then got on playstation direct. I was in the front of the line... got to the end of the queue in 15 min and then the site did something funky and kicked me into the back of the line.. this happened to all my friends that were also on. Of course people that joined late got their PS5, and we just got a sold out notice 2 hours in. Honestly I wish I could just fucking pay someone and let them send it to me when it's available. I'm tired of trying to order something. Everyone should do this so bots can order 20k PS5s and bankrupt all these assholes when it takes the money or overcharges their card.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/04/13/ps5-april-update-brings-new-storage-options-and-social-features/

Store PS5 Games on Compatible External USB Drives.* With this feature, you can now transfer your PS5 games to USB extended storage from your console’s internal storage. It’s a great way to extend the storage capabilities of your PS5 console, and you can seamlessly copy your PS5 games back to the console’s internal storage when you’re ready to play. It is faster to reinstall PS5 games from USB extended storage than to re-download or copy them from a disc.

Because PS5 games are designed to take advantage of the console’s ultra high-speed SSD, PS5 titles can’t be played from USB extended storage. PS5 titles also cannot be directly downloaded to USB extended storage. However, games that you transfer or copy back to internal storage will automatically update when applicable. In addition, you can select which game modes you want to install (such as campaign or multiplayer) for select titles that support the option.

At least the PS5 can cold store the games on an external now instead of having to redownload or install all the time when swapping between multiple games. Still can't play off an external but at least its progress towards the space limitations of the small SSD the system comes with.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

While nice it still falls way short of what they should of done to begin with, give us a bigger internal drive. Sadly they could easily make them run on external drives if they just take the internal one and sell them as external add-ons (not like the option is great, they'd probably cost more then they're worth). My major concern here is what USB drives are actually compatible? All it says in their faq is USB 3.0 or higher and not all will be compatible. Are we talking Passports, external HDD's, or USB sticks? We talking certain brands or every brand? Sigh, I own so much external storage and the thought that I'd need to buy a new one just for this depresses me if the current one I'm using on my PS4 won't work.

Sigh, Sony really out here this generation just pissing people off (though I don't know how many people are pissed about storage capacity like I am). Man, really starting to think it's not worth buying a PS5 anymore (even if I do want one).

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

In Sony's defense all consoles are obsolete once Switch like PCs become the norm.

So Cross-Play might have a shorter lifespan than Blu-Ray.

Municipal Broadband > Title II Net Neutrality

Universal Broadband?

eh i saw a ps5 digital edition selling at amazon for $1,339 last night but its gone now. they had like 20 left. reviews were good saying its legit except complaining about the price. sucks that sony still cant meet consumers demand after a year and theres no law to track down these bastards for buying them all and regulate this shit

yougorelena_slippers.jpg.c0d3609d8437d663780655f59789e591.jpg

I like that Sony is releasing some exclusives on pc. It's great. If they eventually release horizon zero dawn 2 on pc in a year I might be able to get that on pc before I ever find a ps5 in stock. XD

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps5-redesign-reportedly-coming-but-it-probably-wont-change-the-look/1100-6491102/

Looks like the ps5 might be getting a slight redesign to try and compensate for the chip shortages that keeps screwing is production. Over 6 months now and the ps5 is still ridiculously out of stock. 😑

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg