Sledgstone

Playstation 5

i went to my brother's house today and played ps5 little bit. he only has that new spiderman game for now so i lend him half of my ps4 games lol. he said the game crashed once, he just got it yesterday so that doesnt sound too comfy. he installed ghost of tsushima and it was pretty quick, i remember when i was installing it, it took awhile with my ps4. and i dont think there was any loading time now that i think about it. he kept asking me is it faster, does it look better? but idk i couldnt tell the difference, graphic or gameplay wise. its too early to tell from just a few ps5/4 games so yeah.

yougorelena_slippers.jpg.c0d3609d8437d663780655f59789e591.jpg

I tried to get one from the Walmart sale. All 4 drops the same thing happened. I got it into my cart, and there was endless loading and crashes trying to place the order until it was out of stock. Its so senseless. It should be reserved for you for at least 5 min until you can check out on a secure area of their servers. I pre entered all my info for my credit card, address, and not having their 2 year warranty.. but it still asked me for all of that or to verify it. Once again giving all the advantage to the bots while slowing down the humans. 

I then got on playstation direct. I was in the front of the line... got to the end of the queue in 15 min and then the site did something funky and kicked me into the back of the line.. this happened to all my friends that were also on. Of course people that joined late got their PS5, and we just got a sold out notice 2 hours in. Honestly I wish I could just fucking pay someone and let them send it to me when it's available. I'm tired of trying to order something. Everyone should do this so bots can order 20k PS5s and bankrupt all these assholes when it takes the money or overcharges their card.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/04/13/ps5-april-update-brings-new-storage-options-and-social-features/

Store PS5 Games on Compatible External USB Drives.* With this feature, you can now transfer your PS5 games to USB extended storage from your console’s internal storage. It’s a great way to extend the storage capabilities of your PS5 console, and you can seamlessly copy your PS5 games back to the console’s internal storage when you’re ready to play. It is faster to reinstall PS5 games from USB extended storage than to re-download or copy them from a disc.

Because PS5 games are designed to take advantage of the console’s ultra high-speed SSD, PS5 titles can’t be played from USB extended storage. PS5 titles also cannot be directly downloaded to USB extended storage. However, games that you transfer or copy back to internal storage will automatically update when applicable. In addition, you can select which game modes you want to install (such as campaign or multiplayer) for select titles that support the option.

At least the PS5 can cold store the games on an external now instead of having to redownload or install all the time when swapping between multiple games. Still can't play off an external but at least its progress towards the space limitations of the small SSD the system comes with.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

While nice it still falls way short of what they should of done to begin with, give us a bigger internal drive. Sadly they could easily make them run on external drives if they just take the internal one and sell them as external add-ons (not like the option is great, they'd probably cost more then they're worth). My major concern here is what USB drives are actually compatible? All it says in their faq is USB 3.0 or higher and not all will be compatible. Are we talking Passports, external HDD's, or USB sticks? We talking certain brands or every brand? Sigh, I own so much external storage and the thought that I'd need to buy a new one just for this depresses me if the current one I'm using on my PS4 won't work.

Sigh, Sony really out here this generation just pissing people off (though I don't know how many people are pissed about storage capacity like I am). Man, really starting to think it's not worth buying a PS5 anymore (even if I do want one).

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

In Sony's defense all consoles are obsolete once Switch like PCs become the norm.

So Cross-Play might have a shorter lifespan than Blu-Ray.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

eh i saw a ps5 digital edition selling at amazon for $1,339 last night but its gone now. they had like 20 left. reviews were good saying its legit except complaining about the price. sucks that sony still cant meet consumers demand after a year and theres no law to track down these bastards for buying them all and regulate this shit

I like that Sony is releasing some exclusives on pc. It's great. If they eventually release horizon zero dawn 2 on pc in a year I might be able to get that on pc before I ever find a ps5 in stock. XD

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps5-redesign-reportedly-coming-but-it-probably-wont-change-the-look/1100-6491102/

Looks like the ps5 might be getting a slight redesign to try and compensate for the chip shortages that keeps screwing is production. Over 6 months now and the ps5 is still ridiculously out of stock. 😑

it seems to have a major problem for some that it wont turn on. reading their comments its disappointing. lucky i didnt find any problems yet (execpt sound glitch for tsushima i mentioned). so i finally retired ps4 and playing ps5 for several hours now. my brother forgot to give me ps5 controller cable but i still can play with ps4 controller so its okay so far. i have chivalry for ps 5 its multiplayer game but i need ps plus it seems so im not paying for that extra shit lol..money wasted

It is inevitable there will be a lemon in the millions of consoles sold... even if it was at 1% of all 8.6 million PS5s sold, you'd be looking at almost 9k lemons.

I haven't had any issues with my PS5 yet.... outside the initial setup where the HDMI sounded like it clicked in and it didn't so I had to push it in more. I remember people saying their PS2 and PS3 and PS4 were defective at launch. I think the 360's RRoD really amplified the hype for it. I had a friend that had 2 PS2s die on him... but for my Sony has always had solid hardware.

never been a big fan of sony products but i was surprised my bro’s ps2 still works, it must be over a decade old, but its one of those slim designs that overheats so fast. ive heard same complaints about ps4 slim for ages and i would avoid those slim consoles, including switch, in the near future as well. ps3 however seldomly freezes so i havent really got into playing it that much but recently my main gameplay focus has shifted to pc games so its not a big lose for me if ps5 fails this early. what im afraid of is if i decide to invest fully on getting ps5 games and then it quits on me then id be really pissed. 

I had more issues with PC than I ever had with consoles. lol. My current issue is I know my HDD is dying. I get random BSOD. PC gaming has never been appealing to me over consoles because I play mostly online competitive games. Cheating is so bad on PC... its a constant war between cheat bots and anti-cheat. I remember playing BF3 and watching a guy on our team have infinite ammo with an aimbot just sit on some steps with an LMG holding down the fire button. We body blocked his shots until he quit eventually... but the whole PC master race is hilarious to me. Oh your game looks better than console? Until you turn the graphics down to get rid of the grass for a competitive advantage. XD

either way is fine for me but i prefer: pc for rpg, fps, and turn based strategy games and console for mostly action games or games that my pc cant handle. plus some of my all time fav games arent available on consoles anyway. and never really liked online/multiplayer games bc yes ppl do cheat. and finding a good server can be a such a task. i just dont like competitive games period, i just want to set everything on easy and just relax playing as a single player mode lol.

On 7/7/2021 at 7:40 AM, slippers said:

its multiplayer game but i need ps plus it seems so im not paying for that extra shit lol..money wasted

PS+ monthly cost is high to me. I always buy the yearly amount which usually goes on sale multiple times a year at different retailers for around $30. Ends up being way cheaper that way. Even if I still have 5 months left of my PS+, I'll buy another years worth on sale, redeem the code on my PSN account and it adds that extra year onto my account so I'd have 1 year 5 months left. Usually around black friday it always goes on sale at newegg, amazon, bestbuy or cdkeys and its almost always a digital code they email to you.

8 hours ago, DeathscytheX said:

My current issue is I know my HDD is dying. I get random BSOD.

I just swapped out 2 hard drives, one for lady's laptop and the one on my main PC. :D Her laptop was crazy and required a full disassembly to get to the hard drive which is insane to me. But my main PC was 1 screw for the side of the case and another screw to hold the hard drive in. But because I kept my old hard drive in there I realized there wasn't enough SATA cables in there. If I just swapped them out it would have been fine, but I kept the old hard drive in there to install games on. So I unhooked my dvd/cd drive and plugged it's cables into the new hard drive. I almost never use that dvd drive anyway. If I order another SATA cable I can hook it back up tho.

BTW, swapping hard drives is easy with Macrium Reflect free edition:

https://www.macrium.com/reflectfree

I bought a USB 3 SATA adapter off amazon use my new SSD as an external drive. Set the program to clone the hard drive with a couple clicks and after it was done, I swapped the hard drives. Didn't have to re-install windows or any of that crap. It just booted right up like normal. The only other thing I had to do with my main PC tho was enter the bios and set it to boot from the new SSD but thats because I left the old hard drive connected.

The only realy problem I had with cloning hard drives was Lady's laptop HDD gave all kinds of erros. I had to set it to run multiple chkdsk scans to fix bad sectors and even then it would clone to 99% and fail. I eventually got it to clone over using mini partition tool free edition that isn't free anymore so I had to find a version 11 of that software to download and install to get the clone function free. Pain in the ass when the hard drive has bad sectors.

On a side note, I won't be buying another PC again until after Windows 11 comes out. I really love PC gaming now, but microsoft is pissing me off with the Windows 11 hard ware requirements.

My launch PS4 eventually had the disk drive fail, ever since then I don't want to buy a launch system again. Both of my PS3s worked amazing until the power supply for one failed after 7 years. PS3s were built solid. lol.

I don't want an 8KTV. When do the 8K monitors come out? Or When do the 8K Laptops come out? I can only guess never as they would be huge.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.