Myk JL

2020s Predictions?

I really wish they'd deflate our over inflated currency. I wouldn't be surprised if Biden destroyed SSI before he faces Trump again in 2024.

Municipal Broadband > Title II Net Neutrality

Universal Broadband?

My prediction is the 3.5 trillion bill will pass and all those people getting massive child tax credits aka "breeder money" will have money burning holes in their pockets to keep spending for the next 4 years and inflation will continue going up as a result of people having way more money than they are used to having. And as a result, people who never got huge money or increases in pay or large payouts of stimuluses will have their buying power further reduced with the higher prices of supply and demand.

Since the unemployment bonus ended, it looks like around here people are applying for jobs again, at least according to staffing agencies:

https://cnycentral.com/news/local/syracuse-staffing-agency-sees-record-high-demand-as-americans-return-to-the-workforce-09-20-2021

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

If I had to take this seriously I'd ask for a UBI cap of 21 Hundred dollars a month. Meaning I shouldn't spend over 21 hundred dollars a month if I don't want to work. If I wanted to save over 21 hundred dollars I'd have to work in order not to have that capped off. Have The Living Wage be $22 an hour for 8 hours a day, 3 days a week. But if it goes over 8 hours a day or over 3 days it becomes $23 an hour. $525 of that weekly wage would still come from UBI & the rest would have to come from the business that's legally obligated to pay the rest. What might happen next would simply be the business making sure you'd only work a max of 7 hours a day, 3 days a week or less. That would help (small) businesses have a healthy work force without it turning into the problem we have with minimum wages right now.

Then when it comes to rent the state government would have to be able to offer $500 a month apartments. If not the state then the federal government. If the state wanted more than $500 rent a month than they might lose out on a source of revenue from the federal government's apartments being cheaper. If someone wanted to make money off of apartments they might have to offer them for less than $500 a month. If this could somehow replace State's sales taxes that would make it even better.

Any Federal Taxes after this I would still want to be a Deflation Tax that applies to top earning businesses that make billions or more. So they still have their purchasing power but with a smaller number. And if another federal tax were necessary it would be a "Billionaire Person Prevention Tax" where the maximum a person could have is $900,000,000. So if a (former) billionaire wanted their business to be treated like a person then it would get taxed like a person. These $900,000,000 millionaires can still put the rest of their money back into there businesses & not die from a lack of money.

Edited by Myk JL
Fixing grammar after using Read Aloud.

Universal Broadband?

Fuck Joe Biden.

Edit 1

Manchin still sounds like a faker name than McLovin.

Edit 2

Joe Manchin wins?

Trump will likely defeat Biden in 2024.

Edited by Myk JL

Universal Broadband?