DeathscytheX

XBOX Series X

Its just a PC tower with a disc drive and a green glowy top. looks like something from ibuypower tbh. I'm on board with PS5 just because I've always been a console gamer first and foremost. It honestly could be even uglier and I wouldn't care as long as the games are good, which in itself are few and far between. My biggest concern with PS5 is these mock ups of screens on the DS5... please no. I remember when I was much younger being super hype about that type of stuff, but now I'm old and grumpy. XD The damn DS4's battery life is utter shit compared to anything I've ever used. I don't want screens or lights on my controller. It wastes battery and makes it more expensive to replace. No one has successfully reinvented the controller yet. Nintendo failed multiple times, and they stopped making steam controllers from what I've heard.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I'd say the ibuypower ones are better looking then that. Whoever thinks of the console designs at MS should be fired honestly.

Meh, I've been gravitating towards PC more and more lately just because I spend 80% of my day in front of it (don't let me being online on PSN fool you, my PS4 is pretty much a twitch/netflix/hulu/youtube/crunchyroll/funimation machine now-a-days. That will change once Cyberpunk comes out but until then I don't see it getting much use outside of beating Nier and eventually Horizon) and I'm getting more and more accustomed to using my mouse and keyboard for gaming (I honestly hate holding a controller in my hand now). It's just more convenient for me to play games on the PC now.

Like I said if PS5 has some good exclusives that aren't also on PC I'll get one but with the switch to doing PC + console releases it better warrant the price of buying a new console to play it on console over the PC (which, honestly, won't likely happen). Then again I'm impatient and if a game is console exclusive for a certain amount of time I might cave in.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

I'm planning on buying a PS5 but not at launch. I love PC gaming, but my ps4 has been more stable over the last year. I get better quality on my PC, but the convenience of turning a game on and playing without ever having to worry about a crash and instantly playing with friends and family is great for me. Ps4 already has some keyboard and mouse support for some games and I bet ps5 will also which will be a nice bonus. I just need to buy a lap desk to have my wireless keyboard and mouse to sit on while I recline on my couch and I'll be set. Ps4 should also be a 4k blu ray player which I still need so instead of buying one of those separate I'll put that money towards the ps5.

That Xbox series X is a dumb name. Lol. The design doesn't bother me. It could be another dongle hanging off the tv for all I care. It has sparked a few funny memes tho.

IMG_20191215_085039.jpg.e165effa055af6d139f192ef350ca5bf.jpg

XD

One thing I really like about the new xbox series x is the backwards compatibility with all previous console releases. All consoles need this going forward, period. I want the ps5 announcement to say full backwards compatibility with all consoles and digital purchases. I think it's utter bullshit that I can log on to my sony account online, see every digital purchase I've ever made, but I'm locked out from playing all these games because they're only available on a specific piece of hardware that is registered to my account. Imagine if steam locked your PC game purchases to the specific PC you purchased then to initially play on. You can play this game only on your main PC, but not my laptop. I don't think so. Fuck that. But meanwhile sony has been doing that for years. ps5 needs to let me play my digital ps3 and ps4 games. There is no reason why that cannot be possible.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I've got a feeling you'll be disappointed. MS is the biggest software maker in the world, they know software better than Sony ever will. Full backwards compatibility across every generation is going to be the one thing they have over Sony. PS5 will at best be able to play all PS4 games and maybe some PS3 games. I doubt they ever planned to have anyone pop a copy of Twisted Metal 2 or Warhawk into their PS5 to play it. They haven't really done a lot of backwards compatibility because they don't really know how to program it. The first PS3s had PS2 guts jammed in them to make them backwards compatible. I remember playing some PS2 games on my friends newer PS3 and the bugs and graphical glitches were crazy. If you read between the lines though, for the majority of consumers its a feature thats more for bragging rights. The amount of people that will really pop in their Xbox and 360 games is minimal compared to those playing new games or even Xbone/PS4 games. Its a nice feature that SHOULD be there, but at the end of the day its not what's going to sell consoles. I'll be very disappointed if my digital library isn't available. Sony stands to gain money from last gen titles. Seeing as you can still see PS3 games in the PS store, PS5 users would be inclined to spend money on older last gen (single player) games if they're on sale. I just read an article that said PS5's launch titles will not be cross generational. Which I assume points towards the last PS4 titles that pop before PS5 will be playable on PS5 without the necessity of having it be an PS5 title. But having no cross gen launch titles is a big plus for me. I don't want the first 6 months of titles to be just upscaled PS4 games. Give us those games that can only run off SSD drives.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

On 12/15/2019 at 3:38 PM, DeathscytheX said:

Full backwards compatibility across every generation is going to be the one thing they have over Sony.

I'm certain that is inaccurate. Software wise it might be true. But I own software and hardware like

1. The Original Steel Battalion (Line Of Contact) which needs a Steel Battalion Controller which only works with The Original Xbox.
  2. Kinectimals which needs a Kinect.
  3. Rocksmith which will hopefully always works as long as USB continues to exist on Xboxes.

That and on some level I don't trust that all my Xbox 360 games will be allowed to work on Xbox Series X; like Skyrim, Dark Souls 2, and some of the 22 games I got from GWG that aren't playable on Xbox One.

But overall I'm certain that Xbox 4 will have more backwards compatibility than PS5.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

I think its a load of crap that PSNow streaming service from Sony offers streaming games from PS2, PS3 & PS4 and its all playable on PS4 or PC, but I can't play my own digitally purchased PS3 games on my PS4 unless I buy a monthly subscription to PSNow because its the only way to access those titles on the PS4. Even if Sony doesn't have backwards compatibility available thru hardware, the digital library aspect of it is already in place. They could enable the digitally purchased games for our accounts via PSNow instead of blocking them via hardware and yet another subscription service but I doubt they'll do that either. I could care less about physical disk backwards compatibility tho. I definitely understand the hardware limitations that can come with having a specific laser for PS2 games in a disk drive, but digital games should be a standard carryover at this point imo.

Good for MS to have backwards compatibility that good right at day one. MS and Sony can keep having console wars but with steam as a gaming competitor, they need to have "library wars" whatever platform has the most users with the largest libraries of games will have a significantly stronger fan base for years and years. Like steam... I couldn't imagine ever dropping that platform since I have to much invested in it. I currently have a large library of ps3 and ps4 digital games, if sony would commit to the library wars like MS is doing I'd be thrilled. Good for MS. If I had alot of xbox games I'd be very excited for the series x. Hopefully this will be a permanent feature going forward with all their new consoles over the years to.

I now have mixed or indifferent feelings towards the following news.

My "loyalty" lied with Bethesda until November 2017 and has been slowly dying ever since.

Edit: Here is another video.

Edited by Myk JL

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

If I can still add Adult Mods to it for a laptop PC (like device) then that'll probably be the version I get of ES6.

I don't see me buying a new console anytime soon unless it's like The Nintendo Switch.

This feels a bit weird to be honest, seeing a fridge from Xbox LOL. The truth is that it looks really cool, I could definitely use it as a secondary fridge in my room, where I could keep the beer or some other drinks to have them close all the time while playing some games on console or PC. I play LoL very often, and sometimes for almost an hour you can't leave the PC because the matching is going on. I lost my account once because of this, but how good that I could get a new one from lolfinity.com and can continue playing this game.

Edited by Gendo

If the people @ Microsoft were smart (which one could doubt since Bill Gates looks like a pregnant man), they'd make Switch like Xbox console. Instead of competing with Sony it would be smarter to compete with Valve. Microsoft could probably make a handheld cheaper than Steam Deck. Even if they don't, Microsoft should probably see how well handheld PCs running Windows 11 are doing.

If I can buy & play Xbox 360 games on it, like Saints Row 2, which I already own, this could become my favorite handheld console.