DeathscytheX

The Mandalorian

Disney + is going to be good. With the Marvel and Star Wars series, I'll need to watch them all. Mandalorian looks great.. I see they didn't show the person with the helmit off. I'm calling it now.. its a woman and when its revealed we'll get a new Quarting video.. "Disney got WOKE and now they'll go BROKE! Mandalorian fail!" XD joking aside I'm looking forward to all the new star wars content. :D

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

XD Pedro Pascal is the Mandalorian, unless he identifies as a woman, the Mandalorian is def male. XD As cool as this is, its not Boba, and its not Canderous Ordo. I'm way more hyped about the Obi-Wan series. It seems the Mandalorian is only 8 episodes from the IMDB, unless the main character isn't in some of them. The Obi-Wan better be at least 12. I actually like this better than the movie we were promised and denied after they got butthurt over Solo. They can cover a lot more in a series. As for the Marvel stuff... Meh... I might check some out but I'm pretty burnt out on Marvel now. Endgame was basically the end for me. All these alternate Captain Americas, and what not just ain't going to do it for me. I don't have any connection to the Eternals or any of those other minor series. I almost went to go see Homecoming, and now I'm glad I didn't since they'll reboot it again and make more shit movies. But at least Bonesaw is canon. I wish Randy Savage was still alive, I'd be all about a Bonesaw series. XD XD XD

https://screenrant.com/spiderman-mcu-bonesaw-randy-savage/

spiderman GIF

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

XDXDXD

I really like that these series are supposed to be limited run.. as far as I know. I'm hyped for the Obi-Wan series. All I want is some solid story telling, great acting and a plot that begins and ends. I'm sick of american tv just endlessly running series with no end in sight and getting abruptly canceled with no ending. Even netflix is doing it. I'd have liked an ending to Santa Clarita Diet.. instead canceled on a cliff hanger. I'd have like and end to Dark Matter on the Syfy channel.. nope, abruptly canceled. Z-Nation was canceled, but at least that last season ended with a potential tie in to another season instead of some massive plot line... And it did end decent with the formation of New America. At least some of the shows I have liked for years are getting actual endings. Supernatural, Killjoys and Arrow are all getting actual endings. The best thing Disney can do with their series is let them run their course and try not to milk every project for years upon years until everyone is burned out. With all the material they have to work with just with star wars alone they could make hundreds of mini series like the Mandalorian or Obi-Wan and it'd probably always seem fresh to me. Hell, they could make a new series like Firefly with smugglers and not even have jedi in it and I would watch it because its based in the star wars universe with it's tech and lore, etc.

The first ep was really good. The practical effects are on par with the movies and they need to stick with it for the most part. The CGI was good until they had characters ride on CG creatures and it kind fell apart. Clearly the characters were CGed in these shots causing some slightly jarring effects. Even stationary though it looked like prequel level aged effects. However some one of the biggest CGI pieces near the start looked superb, and all the ship and planet stuff looked movie quality. The story set up was really good, the action sequences were awesome, and there was some old style star wars dry humor which I appreciated. I hope they stick with that and not the forced new age irl slang that just clashes with the SW universe.

If you want to wait 6 weeks for the show to be over just to use the free trial and binge it, don't search anything related to the series. The end of the ep was a doozy and the spoiler has exploded with anything related to the show.

On a side note D+ has the 90s X-Men and Spiderman cartoons... all of it.

I'm glad the first ep is good. Hopefully the quality stays up to par.

Oh... I'm glad they have those cartoons. I have old copies of them but the quality is pretty garbage. I'll get D+ eventually, but I'll wait those 6 weeks and do the trial. I know they had promos for buying 3 years upfront for a reduced price and verizon unlimited plans get it free for a year. I didn't get that 3 year deal and my Verizon plan isn't eligible. Its only $6 a month but I've been trying to reign in my random spending. Maybe they'll have a discount plan for black friday. I'm tempted to get a hulu combo with it, but the only combo I saw had D+, hulu and espn.. I almost never watch sports, its bad enough my cable subscription forces all the sports channels on me when I don't watch any of them, I hate seeing streaming services bundling sports too. ehh.

8 hours ago, Sledgstone said:

I'm glad the first ep is good. Hopefully the quality stays up to par.

Oh... I'm glad they have those cartoons. I have old copies of them but the quality is pretty garbage. I'll get D+ eventually, but I'll wait those 6 weeks and do the trial. I know they had promos for buying 3 years upfront for a reduced price and verizon unlimited plans get it free for a year. I didn't get that 3 year deal and my Verizon plan isn't eligible. Its only $6 a month but I've been trying to reign in my random spending. Maybe they'll have a discount plan for black friday. I'm tempted to get a hulu combo with it, but the only combo I saw had D+, hulu and espn.. I almost never watch sports, its bad enough my cable subscription forces all the sports channels on me when I don't watch any of them, I hate seeing streaming services bundling sports too. ehh.

Since its only 6 eps it shouldn't be hard to keep the quality up. Honestly it's for the best. With only a series budget rather than a blockbuster film budget they'll be forced to cut corners and be more innovative than just relying on green screens. They'll have to be more traditional in their approach. I can totally look pass some spotty CGI for the really good practicals they had.

Oh the quality of the cartoon is absolute ass. XD I watched the first ep and even with its original aspect ratio... being stretched on a big smart TV it looks rough. You'd basically need to get an old school 20in CRT TV to see it in its best quality. XD

Well I guess since its the hottest meme on the internet right now the big spoiler is pretty much unavoidable at this point. I'll still not mention it.

Ep 2 wasn't bad, but it was def more of a set up and build ep. Ep 3 was worth that build. BTW its 8 eps not 6, so wait 2 more weeks than originally I said.

The small bit that was awesome though was vibroblades! They made a quick appearance this ep.

This is the future of Star Wars. The Mandalorian was a blast and there is very little I can complain about without being nitpicky. The characters were good, each ep may not have been coherently connected, but each was a blast in its own way. The finale was very satisfying, and the not so subtle jab at storm trooper accuracy was amazing. XD XD XD. I think a big part of what gave this series its own feel is its diversion away from the classical John Williams atmosphere. Its own unique OST is probably overlooked. I hope Gina Carano and Carl Weathers return next season. This def worth signing up for the free trial and binging.

I loved this show. Its everything I want out of a star wars series. Action, adventure, good plot, acting, cast, scifi, great CG, etc. It really emphasizes that Star Wars is a massive property and a series focused on a random unknown new character, thats not a jedi, can completely captivate an audience. Well done Disney!

I loved that last ep with the stormtroopers shooting. XDXDXD 

Spoiler

At the end, the moff used the Darksaber. wtf. Thats the unique lightsaber of the first mandalorian to ever become a jedi. Its steeped in all kinds of legend with the mandalorians and was covered in multiple multiple episodes in the clone wars and star wars rebels series. Last time its shown in Rebels is on mandalore after the events of the original trilogy.. for this moff to have it now whats left of the empire must have re-invaded mandalore again and took out everyone. Probably why all the mandalorians are in groups in hiding now. He must have kept the darksaber as a prize. Basically whatever mandalorian has the darksaber, (non of them holding that blade for generations have been a jedi), can basically claim rulership and unite all the mandalorian clans under them. Bringing that blade and its lore into the next season should be very interesting.

This is a bit of a spoiler because its casting news for a character, but if they're already announcing it I guess its not a giant spoiler that this person will be in the show now..

Spoiler

https://www.slashfilm.com/rosario-dawson-ahsoka-mandalorian/

Star Wars Exclusive: ‘The Mandalorian’ Season 2 Casts Rosario Dawson as Ahsoka Tano

O_O *hyped* :D

The first ep was good. Tons in fanservice, and the whole ep was inspired by the end of the main quest on that planet from KOTOR. I enjoyed that aspect more than anything else. They did a good job of keeping the actual mission objectives the same even though the story and end goal was different. 

That episode was great. :D

Spoiler

At the end of the ep was it my imagination or was that Boba Fett? :o he actually survived the sarlac in the original novels, but he was disfigured.. this guy didn't look messed up at all.. but if it was Fett, I don't get why he wouldn't have gotten his armor back.. or why he lost his armor to begin with. So many questions.

They really blew their wad on this ep. I was seriously not expecting even one of the things to happen until the finale. And Kudo's to D+ for not posting the title of the chapter on social media even though all the media sites spoiled the fuck out of it.

Spoiler

Star Wars Disney GIF by Mashable

They even pulled her little move in there! OMG so fucking epic! Dawson killed it. She even sounded pretty close to the OG voice actor. She got the mannerisms down. Although you could tell some of her moves were a CGI character, and the whole episode was heavy on the CGI for that reason. Still Dave Filoni brought the animated series feel to the live action. I also thought it was cool how her Sabers had a different hum to them. And mentioning Thrawn at the end? OMG. I can't wait to see what's to come.

Holy sh*t. That was awesome.

Spoiler

Name dropped Thrawn at the end. :o Oh damn I'm getting hyped. They are tying Rebels into this series completely. When Mando puts Grogu on that pedestal thing at the Jedi temple... they could bring Ezra into this. That would be epic. :o

OH MY GOD.... I didn't think they could top last weeks ep.... but they did!!! So epic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spoiler

Fucking Boba Fett.... and him just kicking ass! What a scene! Looks like we got him for the last 2 eps too! Just seeing Slave 1 fly in at the start did it for me. Now that the Razor Crest is gone, hopefully Din will get a good ship. XD

That episode was awesome. I cannot predict this show at all. I wish the people making this was in charge of all star wars movies too. And Holy crap that reveal. I was expecting to see a jedi show up...

Spoiler

Boba Fett, holy shit. He wrecked those storm troopers. When the razor crest blew up... oh man that was intense. That poor ship has taken nothing but beatings but served him well. I read Boba might be getting his own spinoff show too. :o

Spoiler

There are so much speculation on who Grogu contacted.

Luke: Nah.. Mark Hamill already said he isn't doing any more Luke roles, and they probably wont recast. It would make little sense to me... but its better than the next theory They'd have to de-age him, or deep fake someone elses face.

Mace Windu: C'mon? They can't afford Samuel L. Jackson. As cool as this would be, I don't see it happening... both Hamill and Jackson wouldn't do more than a single ep, so such a big moment wouldn't make since for either. It would just be wasted.

My wild guess is it could be Cal Kestis. By the time Mandalorian starts, Fallen Order has already taken place. The end of the game matches up with what is going on here to be as least spoilery as possible. Plus Cal's game model is a body scan of the actor. Cameron Monaghan could easily play the role, and would be more affordable. Plus it would be another awesome cross over for the series. And would make marketing since for the second game.

Another possibility is Ezra Bridger. Since Ahsoka and her mention of Thrawn have already been established, along with Bo-Katan already making an appearance, Having Ezra show up would also make sense. Since its implied that Thrawn survived the end of Rebels, we can only assume the same for Ezra. Cal would be cooler to have multiple tie ins, but it would probably be easier to just keep using rebel characters as more people are familiar with them than a game character.