The issue with anthem had nothing to do with its live service aspect and everything to do with the shit loot pool. The gameplay was genuinely amazing. Everything else was lacking. Server stability was shit, Navigation was kinda shit too.. I mean they didn't have markers where you're party members were on the map like Destiny. Destiny started out with the same issue if I remember correctly.

Hell even the cash shop wasn't aggressive.... which actually added to the issue because they weren't making any money.... nothing really appealed to me outside of I think one dye kit.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Sony is going to lose the "digital library wars". If we can't transfer over digital purchases from PS3 to PS4 to PS5 and they expect us to keep buying the same titles over and over if we want to replay them, then they will lose a good chunk of their customer base over time. I prefer my steam account over anything digital Sony is doing. And I agree with Yong about emulation. I'm glad it exists. I like buying games and giving developers their money for their work, but once I have I don't want to have to keep buying it over and over for another digital license because whatever provider I'm using decides to close its shop. I may be wrong but I think Nintendo has been doing it like this for years with the Wii and Wii U shop closures too.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

This has been one of the major reasons why I've been gravitating more and more towards PC gaming and only buying the occasional PS game (either due to exclusivity or I'd rather play in on console). Sony loves to alienate their player base and while I love the Playstation and Sony it's getting to the point where I really do want to see them take a huge L and learn just how to take care of the players that support them. I mean Microsoft learned that the hard way with the One and only really started recovering once the One X came out. They've really set themselves up great with Game Pass (but we'll see how long that lasts, not really sustainable to give out free games (even brand new one) for free for a low monthly fee) and their acquisition of Bethesda gives them a huge library of games, both future and past, to really sell Game Pass and the Series X (though with Bethesda's recent flops I'm not entirely sure it's a good thing).

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

I want a PS5 so bad, but until I am able to get one myself, I'll continue playing Madden NFL 21 on my PS4. It's a great way to stay connected with my friends, who also love football games. We actually used to play real football, but with this pandemic situation, we weren't able to play it for a long time. Thank god we all have PS and can continue playing and keeping in touch with each other. PS4 it's a fantastic console. It has great games and an exciting future, with VR gaming just around the corner. I'll keep playing Madden NFL 21 since it's my favorite, and I'm also planning to buy some MUT 21 COINS for my brother and me. I'm so excited!

Edited by Kenanel