DeathscytheX

Cyberpunk 2077

God that was a work of beauty. Yes I'm am way beyond hype for this (so much so I just dropped $250 on the PS4 Collector's Edition (yes I have a serious problem when it comes to CE's for games I really want, this has been established)) and I can't wait until April to get my hands on it.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

The first part was before he could show gameplay footage.

The game looks great with an expensive ass PC and graphics card on max settings. Aside from the bugs and clunky menu it sounds like its a really fun game, at least according to Yongyea who got the game free to make a review. I'll have to watch some other reviews. I also want to see what it really looks like on a PS4. People with a PS5 would probably be better off once the PS5 version of it gets released with the free upgrade option. Hell if not for scalpers it'd be cheaper right now to buy a PS5 at retail price than pay just that amount of money for the graphics card Yong was using for his review. Hell that RTX 3080 graphics card costs $700 alone. Hell, that was basically humblebragging on his part that he even has one of those cards since they've been getting scalped worse than the PS5. 🙄

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I could definitely give you my thoughts on it if it wasn't for my copy getting delayed due to Amazon's own fuck ups (god damn it, this is my only day of this week so now I need to wait until next week to even get any game time in (if my copy even arrives next week >.<). In retrospect though this is probably a good thing as it let me get all my raiding done for FFXIV since they decided the week of Cyberpunk's release was a good week to drop a major content patch). It's also the PS4 version. Granted though you'd have to wait quite a while to get my review of it as I will do everything and anything this game has to offer (so over 120 hours worth of content).

Quite honestly I could give two fucks less about whether it looks amazing or not on the PS4 since I chose to go that route because I knew my 1070 wouldn't of been able to run it well on my PC. I want this game for the story not the pretty graphics so even if it looks like dog shit I'll be happy with it as long as the story is great (by which I've heard nothing but great things about even with me avoiding gameplay videos, reviews, and what not (I will not have anything about this game spoiled for me until I play it)).

I'm not aware of the total situation Strider. But it might not be Amazon's fault. I've ordered 3 things from 3 different companies outside of Amazon and everything is getting delayed. I also have a friend with the same issues. The shipping service is apparently extremely overwhelmed this holiday season. 

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I wouldn't doubt it, I'm just mostly peeved that I wouldn't be getting it yesterday/today. I find it funny though that they sent the delay email yesterday morning and pretty much an hour after posting I had an email saying it already shipped (other sad thing is as of 4 pm this afternoon it's sitting at a facility four hours away from me but I'll still have to wait until Monday to get it). I'll give Amazon this though they did refund me the shipping costs due to the delay so that tempered my anger a little bit. I guess it's just sad considering that the USPS, with everything it's faced this year, has had no trouble getting my Violet Evergarden CE boxset sent out on time with no delays yet UPS/Amazon can't get their shit in order (I jest mostly, I deal with UPS on a daily basis at work and I know how hard they're working/being worked currently).

Meh, probably for the best as I've heard the PS4/PS4 Pro is having serious issues running the game (sad considering this game was developed for the PS4/XBone) and if the screen shots are anything to go off of the game looks fucking terrible (I mean I wouldn't throw as huge of a fit as most of the people out there are but even I have to agree it does not look as advertised). This also goes for the PS5/Series X as well (apparently the game only runs marginally better on new gen hardware). They just rolled out a patch but it doesn't look like it really addressed the issues most people are having and does nothing to fix the current graphical issues. Kinda sad really, one of the most anticipated games of the year releasing like this on consoles (the PC version is fine apparently with only minor issues).

im so exahusted and relieved at the sametime. my trouble started last month, my package got overlapped with thanksgiving day and it never arrived. not that i was ignorant about holiday seasons but i used echeck and its approval took longer than expected. it was a big order from a precious metal company so i was all stressed out and a claiming process was a nightmare for the next 2 weeks. after long and agonizing days of phone calls, emails, praying to God, and some crying, my order finally got reshipped yesterday and arrived today. it only took ONE day, from nevada to texas so that was really fast. O_o but man, im so thankful to Jesus right now bc it would have taken at least 4 months to recover from that loss if my claim was denied. it was so shady bc the company demanded a copy of police report in 5 days like wth. they later recanted and agreed to reship, and didnt honor their refund policy. i feel like i have aged 10 years this past few weeks. never again ill do any business with that type of company or spend that much online. hard lesson learned..and my other order is from amazon and it only took two days so idk maybe i got lucky with delivery timing this week or UPS has started to push out deliveries so that they wont be too overwhelmed in coming holiday weeks before christmas. i dont think ill be ordering anything starting next week just to be on the safe side

yougorelena_slippers.jpg.c0d3609d8437d663780655f59789e591.jpg

15 hours ago, Strider Hiryu said:

Meh, probably for the best as I've heard the PS4/PS4 Pro is having serious issues running the game (sad considering this game was developed for the PS4/XBone) and if the screen shots are anything to go off of the game looks fucking terrible (I mean I wouldn't throw as huge of a fit as most of the people out there are but even I have to agree it does not look as advertised). This also goes for the PS5/Series X as well (apparently the game only runs marginally better on new gen hardware). They just rolled out a patch but it doesn't look like it really addressed the issues most people are having and does nothing to fix the current graphical issues. Kinda sad really, one of the most anticipated games of the year releasing like this on consoles (the PC version is fine apparently with only minor issues).

Oh man.. I was complaining about Yongyea not showing an accurate representation of the game because he was using a PC that the majority of players would never use to actually run the game.. Well he finally showed some PS4 footage and damn if it doesn't look like ass. I guess if you let it eventually load it looks ok, but once you start walking or driving around and the FPS drops to 15 and graphics look like PS1... damn.

12 hours ago, slippers said:

never again ill do any business with that type of company or spend that much online. hard lesson learned..and my other order is from amazon and it only took two days so idk maybe i got lucky with delivery timing this week or UPS has started to push out deliveries so that they wont be too overwhelmed in coming holiday weeks before christmas. i dont think ill be ordering anything starting next week just to be on the safe side

Ouch, well I'm glad you got your order. I've never ordered gold or silver online before. I would think something like that is heavily insured by the shipper in case of lost deliveries since it'd be worth alot of money. I had to do a claim with Newegg for a copy of H&R Block. Only worth $20. XD I got it on black friday, but somehow USPS sent the package to Ohio instead of NY and then the tracking said it was forwarded. It was sitting there for 5 days until I called Newegg and complained. They must have found it because the package now shipped out from Ohio. I guess I'll get it eventually. 

i swear i think the company was trying to screw me over. maybe because of my foreign name they thought i woudnt fight back or something? easy pick? idk but i was really persistent and kept updating my progress on getting copy of police report (itll take minimum 2 weeks and im sure they know that too). and due to Covid, most police station offices were closed, so only phone call or online were available to make a report. they eventually sent a cop to my house so i got a case # at least. its nothing short of a miracle that they decided to reship my order. its funny how ppl start to notice one star rating reviews when things go south with the company you trusted, because when i started read their bad reviews, they were very accurate in their complaints of what i experienced during the claiming process. and good thing i used UPS air (extra $5) 3 day delivery guarantee, i think thats how they get their insured money back and then to customers, otherwise the company would have just ignored me and rejected my claim bc its a total loss for them.

“but once you start walking or driving around and the FPS drops to 15 and graphics look like PS1... damn.”

that bad? damn O_o

I'm glad it worked out for you in the end. Some companies are too damn shady.

On 12/12/2020 at 6:40 PM, slippers said:

“but once you start walking or driving around and the FPS drops to 15 and graphics look like PS1... damn.”

that bad? damn O_o

Thats what alot of the reviews where saying. The plot line and writing is all great, but the gameplay and graphics on the regular ps4 is sounding like it'd be hard to play.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/12/14/22173738/cyberpunk-2077-developer-apologizes-base-ps4-xbox-one-performance-issues-refunds

wow thats horrible. just saw the comparison video, even pc version is crap. i was a bit hesitant to buy and good thing i didnt order it bc my bro was telling me about how good it will be since early this year but wasnt sure if i want it or not. O_o i knew there was some kinda catch when they promoted the game with a celebrity up front like that. i like keeanu as an actor but not interested in the game where he has no connection to his movie roles at all. what a fail. 

Granted this is only with an hour of gameplay currently (it took roughly an hour to install and two hours to dl and install the day0/1/and 1.04 patches) but I've only run into 1 graphical bug so far (a car not fully loading in a cutscene). I've also noticed some stuttering here and there in the beginning area (I've only done the prologue, it took roughly 20 minutes to design my character so I got maybe 40 minutes of actual game play in) but I don't know if that's due to first time loading of the area or actual optimization issues. This is with a year one base PS4 so I don't know if my luck has anything to do with the 1.04 patch or not. I will note my poor PS4 does sound like it wants to kill itself while running the game (the fans were going full blast for most of the time I was playing).

I'll post more of my initial impressions once I get more game time in tomorrow and actually start doing missions and fighting (all I've done is the combat tutorial so I haven't done any real combat yet), you know actual game play stuff. Hopefully I'll get lucky and not run into all those graphical issues (I'm fully expecting this game to crash multiple times while I'm playing it) because even on the base PS4 this game is beautiful (I will note that I did use some graphical settings someone posted on twitter to help the game run a lot more smoothly so that might also be helping keep the graphical issues at bay).

So after only playing an hour today I decided I'm going to put he game on hold until CDPR gets those patches out they talked about in their statement on twitter the other day (the one in Jan and Feb). I didn't run into anything game breaking but the game really does not feel good at all game play wise and it skipped an entire section of a mission by completely freezing then skipping ahead causing some minor NPC issues (if you watched the gameplay trailer they did last year where they were having that car chase with the van that's what I'm talking about, right after finishing rescuing the lady from the trailer that sequence takes place and my game just completely skipped it and loaded to right before the end of the mission). I didn't want to tempt going any further for fear of it doing something like that again or just completely screwing itself over by freezing completely/corrupting my save/frying my PS4. As for the game play issues I doubt they'll be fixed (it's a fundamental problem with the combat system, gun play is clunky at best and not satisfying at all. Guns are extremely inaccurate (even pistols) and it's extremely obvious CDPR had no experience with shooting mechanics) but with the stuttering problems they're just multiplied exponentially making fights hard to navigate.

This is extremely frustrating as I was looking forward to this game so god damn much. What's even more frustrating is that if these upcoming patches don't put the game in a playable state I'm literally out $250 and sitting on a brick until I can get my hands on a PS5 (only redeemable aspect of this is I get an upgrade to the digital PS5 version when it comes out) which won't be financially viable for quite awhile. CPDR really screwed the pooch on this one. I guess no company is free from corporate greed at this point in the gaming industry (I feel extremely bad for the dev team having to put up with all this shit talk about their game because of the actions of upper management, they really don't deserve it. There's a good game in there somewhere it's just buried under a ton of shit).

Damn that sucks. :( Might just be better off waiting to play it until you have the PS5 and the eventual PS5 version with all the bugs fixed. My younger brother is playing the PS4 version on his PS5 installed onto the SSD. He hasn't tried playing it on the PS4, he said the graphics look good and he hasn't seen load/graphic issues probably because hes on a PS5 with the SSD, but he has run into multiple bugs. One bug sounded hilarious. During character creation he got to the penis size and there was an option to be uncircumcised.. so hes like ok, I guess I'll see what it looks like, haha.. when he clicked on it, the dick flopped over to being uncircumcised and then immediately started spinning around, going faster and faster. "it was like his dick was a helicopter and he was going to fly off the screen." wtf. He was also found out he couldn't make his character have a gut. He likes to make his characters look like him and was disappointed he couldn't. Other than that he has only played an hour into the game so far but he can see where the game needs alot of work still. They should have delayed the game again but it feels like they had to put it out there to make their end of year goals for investors.

Edited by Sledgstone
Added a sentence

^ LOL wtf

this games definetly broke. went to my brothers house yesterday and i was watching my brother play a mini mission and like every 20 seconds combat alerts were buzzing like crazy and he was really confused wth was going on. its a simple misson going from point A to point B looking for someone lol. graphic was okay, things were moving smoothly, but the big city is EMPTY..hardly any ppl around and cars rarely moving. and upgrade will be what like later next year so damn they really screwed up with this one

“As for the game play issues I doubt they'll be fixed (it's a fundamental problem with the combat system, gun play is clunky at best and not satisfying at all. Guns are extremely inaccurate (even pistols)”

i thought it was my bad aiming at first bc i suck at FPS games playing with a console controller but when i shot at a flying police bot at point blank range, i still missed, while it has some kinda seeker bullets that follow me and hits me no matter where i hide. and since there was no one to really fight, i shot at some civilians. some die “correctly” but not everyone. i put 8 bullets in a chest and 2 bullets in a head of this person and still manage to runs away from me lol

The intro skit is dull but the rest of the jokes are better...

*Edit*

The defending of the intro skit is kind of Boomerish.

Edited by Myk JL

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.