DeathscytheX

Final Fantasy VII

I wonder if they're still planning on doing this game in episode format or not. A release date is great but its not giving much details. It doesn't say anything about it being "part 1" or if the purchase price is the full game, etc. All the trailers and clips they've released so far only show scenes that happen from the first 20 minutes of the old game. What about any clips of the 40+ hours worth of other content? I'm feeling a bit skeptical that the full game is actually done.. I hope it is. I'd buy it instantly.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Hmm.. I wonder how many episodes they're planning on making this. I hope they come out on a regular basis too. I don't know how much time its been for them just to make the Midgar portion of the game, but thats really just a drop in the bucket for this. I wanted a FF7 remake, yes, but not a game being piecemealed out to me over the course of 10 years.

XD I mean, I'd hope it would be in a Telltale format with each episode coming out every 3-4 months. But you're right... that would suck waiting a year or more for a freakin ep. You'd be better off just waiting for it all to come out and snag a complete series deal or something.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

If they're smart they'll break it up by how the game was broken up between three discs when it originally released or at least after each major plot points (it's been years since I played this last so I'm not entirely sure how the story goes anymore but I'd say around a certain someone's death and around the whole revelation behind what Cloud is/whats going on with him). I'd expect no more than 3-4 parts if they want to please fans and release it relatively fast but SE might draw that out more if they really want to milk it.

Meh, while it looks good I was severely underwhelmed by FFVII and still fail to see why it's lauded as being the best FF game. I honestly thought the story was generic and besides a few standout characters I really didn't like the cast all that much. I might buy this once all the installments are out but I'll have Cyberpunk less than a month after this first one releases and that will eat all of my free time that isn't devoted to FFXIV.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

For me the main draw of FFVII was all the extra stuff you could do in it. It was one of the first games for me that had an actual end game separate from the final boss. There was chocobo breeding, full world exploration with the air ship, 2 or 3 ultimate weapon optional boss battles that were insanely difficult. There were hidden characters, like Vincent that you could outright skip on getting and finish the game without even knowing he was a character. The customization with the materia was the best though. I tried so many different combos with different weapons to deck out all my characters to be so bad ass. lol. Limit breaks were awesome. Character diversity was top notch. It had everything from superhuman soldier Cloud, Tifa the bad ass woman that punches and kicks everything to death, a talking red wolf, a bad ass black dude, a vampire, a ninja girl, so many more.. a robot looking carnival thing with a cat sitting on it being remote controlled by some guy we never see... lmao. The plot was confusing as all hell initially, but overall enjoyable and more understandable with more world exploration.

Lol.. and Kotaku has a good point about the game.. its weird. XD

https://kotaku.com/final-fantasy-vii-retrospective-the-weirdest-rpg-ever-1797547869

Tifa gameplay footage and Sephiroth reveal.

I'll probably get this when the whole thing is out. I've never played a final fantasy game because despite it moving away from it in recent years... I've never ever liked turn based RPGS. I don't know the lore of each game and how they compare, I just remember how mega hype this game was when it came out from people that loved RPGs. Whether it deserved it in hindsight, I can't make that call. But regardless it probably benefited a lot from a major turning point in gaming history which was the 32bit era.. While the 128 bit era was the golden age, the 32bit era was the renaissance that lead to it. New technology was born, things that were never done before in gaming were coming to life. No doubt being the first FF game on PSX enhanced its mark in history.

13 hours ago, Sledgstone said:

For me the main draw of FFVII was all the extra stuff you could do in it. It was one of the first games for me that had an actual end game separate from the final boss. There was chocobo breeding, full world exploration with the air ship, 2 or 3 ultimate weapon optional boss battles that were insanely difficult. There were hidden characters, like Vincent that you could outright skip on getting and finish the game without even knowing he was a character. The customization with the materia was the best though. I tried so many different combos with different weapons to deck out all my characters to be so bad ass. lol. Limit breaks were awesome. Character diversity was top notch. It had everything from superhuman soldier Cloud, Tifa the bad ass woman that punches and kicks everything to death, a talking red wolf, a bad ass black dude, a vampire, a ninja girl, so many more.. a robot looking carnival thing with a cat sitting on it being remote controlled by some guy we never see... lmao. The plot was confusing as all hell initially, but overall enjoyable and more understandable with more world exploration.

Lol.. and Kotaku has a good point about the game.. its weird. XD

https://kotaku.com/final-fantasy-vii-retrospective-the-weirdest-rpg-ever-1797547869

If you think about it though what FF game wasn't weird at some point in it's plot or how it did things? Don't get me wrong I agree VII takes the cake for weirdness on all points (there's something to be said about having a talking wolf and a vampire in the same party (my final party was Cloud, Red, and Vincent if you didn't pick that up)) but in all honesty I think I was used to that shit at that point (I played FFVII back in the mid-2000's so I'd already seen some weird shit by that point (I mean I met Quina in IX and if you want weird she/he takes the cake for weird). Not to mention Chrono Cross was a trip in weirdness as is most of the late game in Star Ocean 2). I'm just guessing it's lauded as the best because it was the first FF to do a lot of the things you mentioned above (secret bosses (though there were a couple in IV from what I remember), chocobo breeding, hidden characters, etc) but I just feel there are far better titles in the series that should hold that moniker (I won't say IX even though it's my favorite in the series and, imo, the superior game but VI and IV are far superior in almost every aspect and yet everyone ranks them under VII). I will give VII this though I really liked the materia system and I really wish other titles in the franchise would of used it (IX's system was a pale comparison to it, one of the low points of IX for me was the ability learning system).

Meh, maybe playing the remake will make me appreciate the game more if I do pick it up. I'll never say I didn't enjoy the game because it was fun for what it was I just never understood it's die hard fan base.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

FFVI was an amazing game. One of my all time favorites and ranks right up there with FFVII. That game had weird too. lol. A psycho clown bent on destroying the world.. interesting characters. A couple hidden ones too like that guy that does the Mimic skill which is super OP because it can mimic summons.. and a yeti. XD That yeti couldn't wear armor and only used a club, but damn if he wasn't good at clubbing enemies. XD 

FF7 didn't have a better story that FFVI, they were easily on par with each other. But FF7 beats out FF6 with its combat system. In FF6 your characters are set in stone with their skills and abilities. But the materia system in FF7 was so robust, you can make any character do just about anything. Everyone can cast spells, anyone could be a reviver, anyone a summoner, etc. The only major reasons for having specific characters on a team were for their unique combat style/weapon, melee or ranged, their limit breaks and whoever you personally liked best. But unlike FF6, FF7 had an actual endgame with grind mechanics. One of the last save points in the game is right before the final dungeon. The game even tells you, once you enter there is no going back out, save here so you can continue exploring the world. Aside from the stuff I already mentioned, the materia system provided a grind aspect for endgame. With all XP you got, your materia itself would level up too. As it leveled up its skills upgraded. Got a lightning materia.. level it up, now whoever has it equipped can use lightning 2.. then 3. But the real kicker is when you maxed out a materia, it would clone itself a new level 1 version. Then you can equip it on somebody else and start leveling it up. For high end materia, it was worth the grind to get all the characters powerful spells... well at least the three main characters on your team. Eventually you could get a master materia that had basically all spells except summons I think and then that was OP. Once you have a set of 3 materias you like for the characters, its kind of pointless to level them further when you can swap the materia to other characters.

But aside from all that I think this game hit a bunch of kids with puberty at just the right time. XD Alot of guys got crushes on Tifa.. and females got a thing for Cloud. lol. Even though the characters looked blocky as hell, in cut scenes they looked cool and throughout the game it goes into character depth more and you start feeling for these two. Not going to lie, I had a thing for Tifa for years. XD 

2 hours ago, Sledgstone said:

But aside from all that I think this game hit a bunch of kids with puberty at just the right time. XD Alot of guys got crushes on Tifa.. and females got a thing for Cloud. lol. Even though the characters looked blocky as hell, in cut scenes they looked cool and throughout the game it goes into character depth more and you start feeling for these two. Not going to lie, I had a thing for Tifa for years. XD 

To be young again. XD I saw a ton of YT videos and articles worrying about Tifa's design and speculating why they hadn't shown her yet until this popped yesterday. There is a ton of nostalgia to be made into money off best girls of the past. I mean Lara Croft was hugely popular with her cone breasts and trapezoid thighs back in the day. XD They all look pretty bad now, and not just video game crushes of old, just anything from that era. The jump from 16 to 32bits was so advance at the time everything looked so realistic to the young mind. I remember a few years ago I tried to play and old Ridge Racer game, and I couldn't get over how I couldn't see the track 6 inches in front of me on the screen, it was all a white haze that had the terrain materializing out of it. XD You had to rely on the minimap and just memorization to master the hard turns. It was so awesome when it first came out... but then when later games on PS2 and PS3 came out where you could see all the way in front of you way off in the distance the PS1 games became super dated.

Playable demo was released today. I just set it to download. Only 7.55 GB.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0082-CUSA07237_00-FFVIIREMAKETRIAL

Description

Enjoy the first chapter of FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE─the iconic Mako Reactor 1 bombing mission─with this demo version.
- Progress cannot be carried over into the retail version of the game.
- Content may differ from that of the retail version.

FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE is a bold reimagining of the original FINAL FANTASY VII, originally released in 1997 for the PlayStation®, developed under the guidance of the original key developers.

This grand adventure filled with memorable characters and crafted with cutting edge technology was an instant worldwide hit, and now it is reborn for a new era.

With a mix of traditional command-based combat and real-time action, fans can explore the world of FINAL FANTASY VII, recreated with today’s technology.

An exclusive theme will be available to download from 04/10/2020 if you download the demo before 05/11/2020.

I played this and it was pretty f'in awesome. Keep in mind my hate for turn based games so I've never played the original. This will be a whole new experience for me as far as the story goes.

The graphics are stunningly beautiful and the combat is fluid and satisfying. The voice acting is solid too. My only gripe is the camera is a bit wonky at times. I'll def be getting this.

It was amazing. A solid hour for the demo and it sold me. I'll pre-order this. I haven't pre-ordered a game in forever. I think I'll go for digital deluxe version. I'm just wondering if that cactaur and carbuncle summons are just early access and you can get them in the game later or if they are exclusive to the digital deluxe version.

The combat is like FF13 with single player control while the others are AI, but you can switch or issue commands to the other team mates. But unlike the FF13 games, we got a full manual control of movement which makes it feel so much more fluid. The camera did go a bit nuts for me a couple times, like it got stuck for a couple seconds behind some fence, but besides that it was polished to all hell. :D The graphics were top notch but the character models is where this really shines. They all looked amazing. All those years ago when everyone kept asking for a remake of FF7, I thought we'd get HD upscaled graphics but keep the turn based combat and whatnot. I did not except the final product to be so drastically different from the original game, but my god it was worth the wait. They kept the original music to, but remastered it. This was basically scene for scene from the original game, down to the enemies and music changes. I'm sure theres a youtube video somewhere showing the original scenes compared to this demo. The enemies, boss, etc was all the same to. I set it for normal combat and it was so much fun. I think Classic combat sets it to turn based, but I didn't try that. I went through so many potions at that boss fight, lol.

My only concern now is how much of the game is actually in this version. Is it still only the stuff that happens in Midgar? and the sequels will be FFVII Remake 2, 3, 4... through 10? Because Midgar was only the tip of the iceburg of the original game.

I broke the timer on my old PS1 version of FFVII, my save files all had the clock/time played as 99:99 XD

If you think that was fun DX, wait until you see the materia system in effect, all the spells, summons, etc. If you noticed on Cloud's sword he had a green glowing orb on it, that was a piece of materia, you have to equip them in your weapons. Better weapons have more slots for more materia. The materia he had equipped must have been a fire one because he had a fire spell available. As you level up, the materia levels up and you get upgraded spells or abilities, Fire 2, Fire 3.. and your character learns the spells permanently as they level up, once leveled up, equip that materia on another character and they get instant access to all those spells from that leveled up piece of materia, then they start learning those spells permanently. Same with summons and ability materia. Assuming its all like that still in this Remake. Considering the amount of detail they put into it, It looks like that will all be the same still. Some weapons had connected materia slots to combo them. So you have an "ALL" materia that does nothing by itself, but you combo it with a Fire materia in two connected slots and now all your Fire spells affects all enemies on the screen every time you cast it. I can't wait to see the elaborate spells.. Oh.. and that bike chase scene from the trailer. I bet that will be fun as hell. Damn I need this game now.

One of the dumbest promotions for DLC... buy candy bars..

https://butterfingerff7r.com/

Well I bought 10 nestle crunch candy bars at walmart for $0.88 each, submitted my receipt last night (I included the back of the candy bar in the pic so the person manually verifying these receipt images can see the upc matches the receipt), and got the email this morning saying I'll get all the DLC codes in 3-5 days and already got the code for the PS4 Tifa theme code. Ended up being like just over $8 in candy, but I actually like crunch bars, so its not that bad. Its alot of candy tho. lol. I threw them in the freezer. It'll take me like a year to eat that much candy. I still have halloween candy in my freezer too. XD and candy canes from christmas hanging off my mail organizer. XD

I

1. Never played the original.
  2. Am use to Red 13 from FF7 Abridged.
  3. Was shocked by Red XIII's reaction to Barret at 2:44

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

this comes out tomorrow right? im still not sure if i want to buy it. battle mode looks good but it seems like it takes forever to beat any bosses. and for the story wise, i already know what happens. it took me 2 months straight to beat dbz kakarot, compare to dragon quest 11 which only took me 3 weeks (both had same amount of gameplay time average of 60 hours), not that gameplay wasnt fun, but i wasnt that motivated to finish the game. hopefully im wrong and gonna wait little longer until maybe price drops. im sure biggest disappointment  for everyone who anticipated this game is how they decided to give titfa a massive breast reduction lol XD 

yougorelena_slippers.jpg.c0d3609d8437d663780655f59789e591.jpg