The people who tend to hate this movie remind me that they'd probably stereotype me as this Joker.

So I feel guilt tripped into seeing this movie I would've skipped.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

I'm going to pass on this. It doesn't look anything like a portrayal of Joker from the comics (is this supposed to be Joker from the comics? or just some guy that goes a bit nuts and emulates Joker from the comics?) from what I've seen in the trailers. Its another one of those movies made just to win awards and most of those I generally hard pass on. But what does seem odd to me is that Joker was already established in Suicide Squad and they're making a Suicide Squad 2 which I thought Joker was going to show up in again.. but in the meantime theres this entirely different Joker. Ok... I see DC stopped caring about an actual single DC movie universe after Justice League came and went.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

5 hours ago, Sledgstone said:

I'm going to pass on this. It doesn't look anything like a portrayal of Joker from the comics (is this supposed to be Joker from the comics? or just some guy that goes a bit nuts and emulates Joker from the comics?) from what I've seen in the trailers. Its another one of those movies made just to win awards and most of those I generally hard pass on. But what does seem odd to me is that Joker was already established in Suicide Squad and they're making a Suicide Squad 2 which I thought Joker was going to show up in again.. but in the meantime theres this entirely different Joker. Ok... I see DC stopped caring about an actual single DC movie universe after Justice League came and went.

If this Joker movie is tied to a bunch of PG-13 Movies I still won't feel the need to watch those.

Also there is this Film Theory....

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

12 hours ago, Sledgstone said:

This movie has nothing to do with the current DCEU/previous movies, this movie is in its own universe (kind of like the Elseworlds comics) and this Joker is not currently established in any timeline. This is Todd Philips and Joaquin Phoenix's take on the Joker and the world he lives in (hell it's already been established that Batman will never exist in this universe even though Bruce Wayne is in it as a child). Quite honestly its a good thing this movie isn't connected to the shit shoe that is WB's DCU.

I'm actually extremely hyped for this movie and have been since the first trailer dropped. I've heard nothing but amazing things and this will probably be the one movie I actually go see in theaters this year.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

To me The Joker should be this master manipulator. The sort of thing I would admire in a villain, but hopefully smart enough to stay away from. The fact that I can relate to Arthur Fleck in any shape or form bothers me. That's made even worse by the fact I like this movie. Thus making this the (current) 4th scapegoat if someone were to blame me for snapping. The other 3 being Metal (music), Video Games, & Unwanted Backyard Wrestling.

This is how I would rank the movies I've seen for this year so far.

1. Ready Or Not (2019) - I doubt there will be a better ending to a movie this year than this.
  2. Joker - I think its meant to hate a certain Clown.
  3. Hellboy (2019) - Sorry, not sorry that The Critics are Wrong.
  4. John Wick Chapter 3 - My One Big Gripe prevents it from being my 2nd or 3rd.
  5. It Chapter 2 - It was okay....
  6. Anna - There are better Female Spy Movies I haven't seen.
  7. Shaft (2019) - I guess if it weren't for the violence this movie would easily be mistaken for SNL skits.
  8. Stuber - Too cliché.

Here is the Movie Bob review.

I'm indifferent to the WMR that SNL is talking about. Still love SNL's Grouch parody on Joker. Once this video gets to it's built in ad you can just go to 4:25 if you want to skip it.

The Joker now reminds me why I would be labeled as a Bernie Bro.

I watched it and I was surprised. I was expecting a boring movie made just to win an Oscar for emotional acting, and instead I was pleasantly surprised to enjoy a very well made movie. It was great in how it showcased mental instability leading to an eventual tragic ending. The acting was great and I'm glad they made this movie instead of focusing on that horrible Joker from Suicide Squad.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg