DeathscytheX

Telltale Games Shutsdown

I had received a phone call today at 11:32:05 AM that my preorder for The Walking Dead Final Season for Nintendo Switch was cancelled. I made that preorder on 8/30/2018 at 5:16 PM. The $5 I had on it is now added to the $5 I already have on Dark Souls for Nintendo Switch.

Sorry I don't feel more sad about this. It just feels more ironic. That a company like Telltale Games just didn't have enough time to make better decisions.

On the bright side they did make an M Rated Batman game that I own for Nintendo Switch. And I feel more obligated to play it.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

Damn... so I guess the final season won't be finished. Wtf. I wonder how that will work for ppl who already paid full price for the entire game.

The biggest reason they failed imo is the design of their games. The games are content driven and not based on gameplay. Because of that nobody even had to buy one of their games when they could watch a let's play stream on YouTube or twitch and experience it exactly as if they were playing it themselves and not spend a penny on the game.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I guess I'll be preordering The Walking Dead Final Season again for Nintendo Switch.

-

I also finished Batman: The Telltale Series.

I'm disappointed in how they handled Harvey Dent.

It just got to that part of the story where Harvey is a snowflake on steroids.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

I played the episode today and its a shame that all of this happend because its truly their best work story wise... some of the gameplay mechanics are really stupid though, and aren't explained well. The camera is wonky and slow when you have to do fights, and you're suppose to be aware of your surroundings, but every one of these sequences the camera zooms in absurdly close to over the shoulder and you're sprint speed is cut by 2/3rds. The corners of the screen turn red to indicate a walker is on you, but this doesn't happen until they're literally about to grab you. You can't get caught in a QTE with any walker while another one is standing next to it or you'll cut to a death scene every time.

If another studio finishes it, the original idea will still be lost... I wonder if they can ever secure all of the original voice actors. The whole closing is a shit show and people that were working for TT are super pissed. I don't know if the VAs were internal talent, but if they were, I can't see them all coming back.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!