DeathscytheX

The Walking Dead Season 9 Discussion

Pretty much a snoozefest ep IMO. Everyone is so emo. Maggie is becoming ruthless. I knew Daryl would take Dwight's place in the comic. Everyone's moody swings are more instant and dramatic than WWE right now. Gregory deserved what he got. I can't help but feel that Rick's death will be Maggie's fault, The next villain will make their presence known and they'll need Negan to help with it in a "I told you so" moment. Maggie dies, and Negan makes a shift as lead character in a more mild but same brutal tone. I dunno if it will work out, but I guess we'll see.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Yeah this show is done. Without Rick and Maggie it went down fast. Tara has always been a horrible character no one cares about and now they're trying to make her important. I'd rather have had Sasha or Andrea still alive, at least I hated them... Tara I dont even care about. Henry is more annoying than Coral, and they ruined Alpha completely... in the comic shes a systematic killer.. instead we got trailer park trash with a fake horrible southern accent. Shes like one of those able bodied people you'd find in the mart kart at Wally world, complaining at the service desk.

I'm really surprised they built up Tara and Henry as much as they did this season only to kill them both off so abruptly. I didn't even realize their heads were on those spikes at first. And when they did the flash back it didn't even show their deaths. Seemed a bit rushed. I still don't understand why they are making a Rick trilogy movie. I could understand the actor wanted out... but then he signed up to do 3 tv movies based on wherever the hell that helicopter took him. This is the last season for Michonne to since Danai Gurira will be leaving.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

It wasn't rushed, its how it was in the comic minus the whole showing off her horde and what not.. its even less detailed.. she just shows up to the fair in disguise and the next scene is the heads on the spikes. Alpha came out as a mysterious but vicious character in the comic... on the show I cant take that accent seriously. Her and beta just don't match up well... shes suppose to be as scary as beta but instead shes just complaining about how everyone isn't living like animals. Lydia is Carls love interest, since Sophia doesn't die in the barn in the comic, Enid was suppose to fill the role in the love triangle... but Carl left and Henry sucked so they didn't need Enid anymore. Without Michonne, I don't know how they are going to keep going... Gabriel isn't main character material... Hilltop went through 3 leaders in half a season... the show is a wreck. In the comic Rosita is killed instead of Tara.. but she was also with Eugene instead of Gabe... and she was pregnant with another man's child.

It's a shame they killed off jesus. He'd have had better potential to keep the show going as a leader. It feels like the show got bloated with characters with all the communities but they still kept a focus on the main group.. but now that there is no main group anymore I'm finding it hard to care for any character at this point. Daryl and Carol are the only decent characters left after michonne leaves which means they'll be pretty much unkillable without killing off the show. Alpha and Beta are just odd to me. Negan was an amazing character and the saviors made sense with how they lived and made others suffer. But the whisperers don't make sense to me. They have no quality of life, they never explain why any of them would actually want to live like they do. It's like they're all psycho but aside from alpha and beta there's no other characters in their group to relate with. At least with the saviors if you saw one of the lieutenants get killed you know it was some serious shit. But instead of having a hierarchy of characters as enemies it's all put on the shoulders of 2 characters alone. Alpha and Beta are just not strong enough of characters to keep that tension strong.

I think this was the most recent TWD topic.. TWD started going off a cliff when all the major actors started leaving. The season 10 finale.. but it wasn't the actual season 10 finale because now season 10 will have an extra 6 episodes. And season 11 will be the final season of TWD.

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a33966590/walking-dead-cancelled-daryl-carol-spin-off/

Since they announced Carol and Daryl are getting their own spinoff they're now completely safe from death for the remaining 30 episodes so we know there will be no reason to fear for their safety in the slightest regardless of any circumstance their characters get into.. which is why the season 10 finale the other day felt rather boring.. there is Carol in a situation where she might die and we all know shes safe so when she survives there is no sense of relief or anything. Maybe if that episode actually aired when it was supposed to it would have felt more impactful. But in the end it felt kind of boring.

Whatever spinoff show Carol and Daryl get needs to go to a drastically different location or something to make it something new. But even then I'm not feeling any interest in the show because if its a show dedicated to them they're all but guaranteed to never die, at least for the first season.. which means the show will bring in new characters, build them up and kill them off, but thats what TWD has been for years already. The way the show has been going for all of season 10 its basically been a Carol and Daryl series already.

Years later and The Walking Dead has ended. They really milked this series. Overall it was a great show but did drag out a bit in different seasons. I'll miss the show and I'll try watching the two spin off series because they have introduced new walker varients that are a bit smarter now (climbing, picking up objects to use as weapons like rocks).  I still have no interest at all in resuming Fear the Walking Dead because that show is hot garbage.

i stopped at season 3 a decade ago. i finally reached season 6 recently and i just couldn't handle it anymore.  i don' t know, it's a zombie apocalypse and we have this human vs human it's so stupid. i already know who dies and whatnot, so i don't really care about that. it's just that the story is just so repetitive. 

they are now doing spinoffs with daryle character and rick..i honestly don't care much about them. 

i know what the comic says but come on, rick, you can cut that thin wire with that knife so easily -_- 

yougorelena_slippers.jpg.c0d3609d8437d663780655f59789e591.jpg