DeathscytheX

Battlefield V

I got to play a few rounds of conquest and about 1 1/2 rounds of grand operations with my older brother today. Conquest was a blast and I enjoyed it. Grand Operations offense can go f*ck itself. I don't know wtf Dice was thinking by allowing the defense full access to the map. I can understand the defense being able to defend the objective points, but they never had to. All they had to do was rush straight to the offense's front line, guard the initial bomb locations and prevent them from even getting picked up to begin with. And because the entire offense has no default spawn base, you either have to spawn on a squad mate or from the airplane. The airplane was cool the first couple times, but it quickly became incredibly frustrating to spawn as far away from the bombs and still see literally 12 enemy soldiers staring straight up at everyone and the moment you land, you get shot at by no less than 6 people simultaneously or head shotted by a sniper because they easily see your exact position and can line up the shot. That is the single dumbest thing I've seen Dice ever do. If they'd have made the initial bomb area out of bounds for defense the game mode would have been fine.

Conquest on the other hand was very fun, but not nearly as fun as BF4. I did not get to experience any vehicle combat. It looks like all the tanks are locked behind squad points and the squad leader has to spend the points on either a tank, or a bomb strike... I saw 2 tanks total in the entire 4 matches. WTF. I miss the old style of spotting, but it does stop alot of the recon spam unless you are parachuting in plane sight for everyone to see. (see paragraph 1 -_-; ) The attrition is a bit annoying but it wasn't a deal breaker for me. It just forces everyone to play more of the objective because the heal and ammo stations are at every objective. I basically got used to spawning at an objective, grabbing a heal and ammo kit from the base and then running off to enjoy myself. They really need to increase the ammo given to ppl for the initial spawn as I was sometimes hesitant to spawn on a squad mate because I got used to spawning on objectives for the initial ammo boost.

Playing as a medic was very enjoyable to me. I thought the health packs (and ammo packs, when I was playing support) were bugged and I wouldn't drop any. It took me a while but I realized you have to aim at a teammate, tap left dpad, and as long as that person doesn't already have a health pack you will send one flying right at the guy and it basically homes in on the guy and is guaranteed to hit them. If a person already has a health pack, you don't throw one and it doesn't cost you a health pack out of your inventory, so I basically spammed left d on random ppl and I kept dishing out health kits constantly. The ammo kits work the same way with support. I didn't make any fortifications because I didn't see any to make... later on my bro texted me and said he had to hit bottom d-pad to equip a tool and see where to make fortifications and it works with every class.

Sticky dynamite ftw! I was a bit pissed there was no c4, but that doesn't matter since the dynamite sticks to surfaces. I lucked out and came across an enemy tank.. I threw 2 dynamite on it, both on the tread and I blew that bastard to all hell and got 2 kills out of it.

Buddy revive works good for squad mates, and medic revives are definitely faster.. but Dice needs to change the button for picking up kits. Far far too often I went to revive someone, only to pick up their damn primary weapon, and then I have to waste precious seconds to hit the revive button again. And if I'm going to pick up an enemy kit they need to make it the entire kit, not just the primary weapon. If I kill an assault class and I pick up their kit, I want their dynamite too, not just their assault rifle.

The server side animations are a bit bugged. I saved a video I'll have to upload sometime this week.. I revived a guy and he stood up, got stuck in the standing position and then proceeded to float all over the place. My brother said he looked completely normal to him. wtf. He also had a moment where he was laughing his ass off at some guy he killed basically floating in the air jerking all over the place, but I only saw a dead guy on the floor. The audio is also bugged. On at least 3 occasions I saw a squad mate get killed right in front of me with no gun fire audio indicating a fire fight took place. If it was just off screen I wouldn't have heard it and I'd have been killed too.

Assignments are back, yay! But you have to equip them... wtf. Why not let all assignments accumulate at all times like in BF3 and BF4? The bleed out wasn't too bad, but if I'm going to skip the bleed out phase, I'd rather hit a button to go back to the spawn menu, change my gear and get ready for re-spawn instead of sitting there holding the L2 button to bleed out faster. meh. Also, grenade spam was non-existent. I saw maybe 4 get used total.

I still prefer BF4 over BFV in terms of mechanics and vehicle combat. I'll buy this game sometime later this year or early 2019 if my money is tight, but I'm not going to pre-order it.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

This will be the first one I skip most likely. I'll come back when its Bad Company 3 or they get their shit together with the upgrade system. They're trying to streamline the engine for reuse like COD so they can pump out off year and main year titles with minimal work.... but they took the off year's stuff to do it with. Plus they'll probably do the "shortcut package" for all of these again, so people can buy tokens to unlock a full tree and have every variation of every class and gun instantly. It's truly an EA company now. I have a feeling if I buy it, and get burnt out quick, and with the push back to November, I feel like I'd just drop the game completely when Anthem comes out 3 months later. My current work schedule isn't gaming friendly, and I'll probably have to wait 2 more promotions until it is. I'm lucky if I get to play with anyone twice a week for a few hours.

You're right about the attack on GO. Its a complete farce, and people are going to be mashing that switch sides button hard since its so bad. What made Operations so fun in BF1 was the absolute clusterfuck it was at the end. The complete chaos on Monte Grappa where the attackers pour out of the blimp while the defenders fight for their lives to stop the capture of the fort was hilariously fun... and even though it always favored one side pending on if the behemoth was shot down or not, it was still fun and when you pulled it off, it felt great. Imagine if you had to sit there and bleed out instead? I never did play any conquest. I guess I'm just irritated they took my favorite game mode and screwed it up so hard. Maybe games like Overwatch disenchanted me from more realistic shooters. I dunno. I totally didn't feel anything positive when playing the beta.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Did you play Battlefield Hardline? I still don't regret skipping that one. XD If my only impression of BFV was that horrible GO offence too, I'd agree with you about every complaint. I'm just glad conquest was still enjoyable and domination should be fun again with no elite class BS ruining it. I'll eventually buy the game for those 2 game modes. If they can get grand operations running smooth and balanced then it'd be more of a launch title for me, but as it is now, I'm in no rush to go buy it asap.

Also, Dice needs to change the damn spotting mechanism. Spotting isn't a thing anymore, but everyone is used to spamming it.. so we get little yellow flags popping up randomly and the words "Danger over there!" way, way, way too damn often. Either let us spot an enemy, but make the red triangle spot last only a few seconds with a cool down and make the spot icon only show where the enemy was and not where they ran off too and it'd be fine. Anything is better than yellow flag icons obstructing the view.

I never played HL, but I had a coworker that complained about it all the time. Everything he told me about it sounded stupid and frustrating. It was a neat concept, but poorly executed. People have been wanting Bad Company 3 for years but we get this other shit. BC actually had awesome campaigns, if it's ever dirt cheap on steam, I highly recommend them just for that. Its wild they cant make a full length campaign now. They'd probably screw up BC3 for all I know. It was more casual and had no prone, but at least you could change your attachments and weapons for each class in the match. XD There was one attachment for the scout class called the Spotter scope, it would auto spot everyone that you caught in the sight. Super OP XD. One extreme to another. 

Pending on how short and what they do to tweak the bleed out system dictates what I decide on a purchase. I might wait for the first content release.

I like how they nerfed the Martini Henry to register arm and hand shots to decrease kill shots, and now they're taking all that away. lol

My internet finally came back online... -_-; I bite the bullet and bought the game for $29.99 at target on sale.

https://www.target.com/p/battlefield-v-playstation-4/-/A-53691372

I'll get it friday and try it out this weekend. I'm glad I didn't pre-order this for $60. One week after launch and its already half off. wtf. The sales must have been abysmal. Good thing theres no longer a premium to purchase or the first dlc map pack would drop the player base drastically.

Yea, I've been seeing that it's highly underselling compared to BF1 when it launched (even if it is getting pretty stellar reviews).

I got your text this morning about it but I think I'll wait a bit before I pick it up (kinda spent a little to much money on anime for Black Friday and I kind of called out of work today due to the freezing rain we got last night so I lost 10 hours today (even if I do have vacation it still sucks to use it for this)) even though it is kind of hard to pass up that price. Let me know how it is and if they made any real significant changes or not since the beta (I was not impressed with the beta so I pretty much planned on not buying it).

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

On 11/28/2018 at 3:11 PM, Sledgstone said:

My internet finally came back online... -_-; I bite the bullet and bought the game for $29.99 at target on sale.

https://www.target.com/p/battlefield-v-playstation-4/-/A-53691372

I'll get it friday and try it out this weekend. I'm glad I didn't pre-order this for $60. One week after launch and its already half off. wtf. The sales must have been abysmal. Good thing theres no longer a premium to purchase or the first dlc map pack would drop the player base drastically.

Target's free 2 day shipping was a complete lie and false advertising. -_-; The game still shows as expected delivery of this past friday November 30. But Fedex tracking shows it still wont be delivered until this upcoming friday. wtf target. -_-;

I am almost 100% certain these changes will stay, and if I would have bought this game, this is when I would have just stopped playing and felt like I wasted $60. I can promise TTK isn't why they're seeing a decline in players. Low ammo and now it takes more of it to kill? Yeah, nah...

You'll have to report on the queue timed because I've read they're pretty bad even before this. They've blundered their way up to this point. This is the worst handling of a community I've seen in a long time. They should take a good 3-4 years off from battlefield after this game.

I got a couple rounds of conquest in and a round of grand operations. I played with a bunch of randoms with my mic off. So far it has been enjoyable. The bleedout doesn't take no where near as long as it did in the beta. I haven't gotten into all the gun customization stuff yet but gameplay mechanics seem decent. The lack of spotting is really throwing me off tho. It was a hard nerf to recon to force people to play other classes imo. Buddy revives work fine but I'm hardly seeing any medics at all. I ran into maybe 2 over the 2 hours I was playing. I didn't try medic myself yet mostly because I kept swapping back and forth from assault to attack vehicles or recon to spot people with it's gadget, it auto spots players when you look at them and I rack up points easy with it. The spotting lasts a few seconds but it helps significantly for giving away enemy locations to people I'm not talking to. There seems to be way more vehicles in this than BF1, but I still haven't seen an empty tank to spawn into, I'm guessing they are spawns at flags and I have to stay in the spawn screen to see them. The lack of spotting is funny tho because of the amount of times I'd run right into an enemy out of nowhere. It causes quite a bit more "oh shit" moments. XD

My complaints so far is the commorose system. Why the hell they had to change it to generic looking icons instead of comments makes no sense to me. And when I'm squad leader and want to set an objective in the commorose I hold R1, push down to set an objective, then go left or right for what objective to set and then the cursor goes just left or right of the objective and I don't set a single objective at all.. Seriously dice... I'm not using a mouse here, its a f*cking controller, don't treat it like a mouse cursor. -_-;

The next battlefield game needs to be modern with modern weapons and vehicles, it needs to bring back traditional spotting mechanics, large powerful vehicle spawning directly onto the maps (not only in a spawn screen), and gun attachments. And get rid of the gun upgrade mechanics and get rid of bleed out. If all of these criteria are not met, I will not buy another Battlefield game. BF4 was amazing, large scale vehicle combat that didn't seem OP considering how foot soldiers had a variety of weaponry that could take out vehicles (RPGs, C4, land mines, etc). BF1 if I remember correctly, limited powerful vehicle spawning to squad leaders only after the squad gets so many points or some crap. That was bullshit. I think there were some tanks that could be spawned into but only if you waited in the spawn screen long enough. But the introduction of single seat only tanks ruined it further by not providing mobile spawn points. And even then most of the tanks on BF1 felt underpowered and sitting in a side seat was often pointless with such shit turrets. BF5, I think does something similar, I'm not certain because I have yet to get in an actual tank in it. The end result is the large scale warfare of vehicle combat doesn't exist in battlefield anymore like it used to in BF3 & BF4.

And screw the lack of spotting anymore. I tried to play BFV again a month ago and its not enjoyable. Its like playing hardcore mode in BF3 & BF4. I don't want a realistic shooter, I want that more arcade style experience with a crap ton of vehicles all over the map, red doritos everywhere, CF4 jeeps and all those only in battlefield moments that don't exist anymore with BF1 & BFV.