DeathscytheX

Battlefield V

Battlefield-V-Reveal-760x428.jpg

So Battlefield has never used a roman numeral. V is either for Victory ala WWII... or Vietnam which I'm hoping for the most. PLEASE GIVE US NAM OPERATIONS!!! HILL 137!

I need to RPG choppers again. XD Nam is the best of modern without the cheap ass guided bullshit.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Premium needs to go. After the 1st dlc the only players left are premium players, most of which have no life and decent team balance usually goes out the window. I'd rather see a free map introduced once every month instead of a four map dlc pack with exclusive guns that you need to stay competitive.

What i really want is a battlefield game that has the same mechanics as bf4. And screw planes. If the next battlefield game expects ppl to use permanently placed AA guns to take out planes I might not even buy it. I'm that sick of plane bomb spam. Westie says he hates random unavoidable deaths but didn't mention the planes when they are the primary issue imo. Endless explosion bomb spam. -_-;

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

It's looking like its WW2. They need to leave the bombs to those radio towers like in the modern games. I'd rather see things like that rather than a behemoth in operations. Planes should only have guns. But we all know those Zero dive bombers are gonna cause havoc. XD

I'm honestly hoping it's WWII. I never got to play the original BF and I find the lack of a good WWII shooter to be disheartening. I wouldn't be mad if it was another modern one but the thing I want back most is pretty much the same progression system as BF4. BF1 was a catastrophe in the respect (I still think BF1 was a good game but sadly it just lost it's luster way to fast). I'm pretty sure Premium won't be a thing this time around (or at least I hope so, console never really got hit as hard by the paywall as PC players did or at least I didn't notice it all that much when I still played but it is still noticeable) unless EA wants to keep making stupid mistakes (then again I wouldn't be surprised if they went with it again).

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

BF1942 def would not hold up today. It was revolutionary, but it was as unpolished as the original counter strike would be today. BF2 is still my all time favorite as far as the maps go, but damn last time I played it a few years ago it was crazy how clunky it felt. The map scale just felt so much bigger... and it was. The trade off was you could go a long time without ever seeing anyone even with PC player counts vs. the limited console at the time. Something that little have the attention span for these days. I remember setting up C4 on a bridge and then running off to a high point pretty far away. The whole ordeal took a good 10 minutes or more. Then I waited for another 5 or more minutes for a tank to drive across so I could blow the bridge. Good times. Today its all about fast action all the time. I can't say I dislike it with how much time i spent on Ziba tower 24/7 servers on BF3. XD

BF1 lost its luster for me because of how little weapons the base game had, and how not many of them were very good. Which also led to my rage quit over the Martini nerf. Outside of that, the Cie-Regatti and the Model 10-A are the only things I cared to use that I felt were effective. Dice really lost their way with weapon balance, and balance in general. Lets nerf this rifle with abysmal stats because skilled players can double collateral people on a moving boat, but its cool to sit in a blimp and rake in 40 kills or ride around in a single person tank and destroy everyone because you can self repair. Lets say we nerfed the Model 10-A like 3 times, but I can still run around and hip fire one shot everyone until the last nerf where I just had to tap ADS and fire effectively "quick-scope" one shotting everyone. Operations were a lot of fun when the team wasn't picking the wrong tank to take out behemoths. But I got burnt out when the whole game revolved around sniping, or sneaking up to sniper ridge and killing them all. Sniping will always be popular, but man it was too popular in BF1, it all goes back to how bad most the weapons where. People are going to gravitate towards the guns with the best TTK.

WWII has way more weapons that they better implement in the base game. I don't need to wait 3-4 months post release to get the M1919. I don't want to grind through a shit gun just to get the STG44. Don't make me get 50 head shots with a gun that has insane recoil to get the MP40. Lets not be cute. Lets have some real weapon diversity.

I'll be waiting to watch this tomorrow. Despite my thoughts on the actual game Black Ops 4, I'll give Treyarch credit for putting on an informative reveal. I hope DICE follows suit rather than a hype concert. If there is anything I want from BLOPS4 to be in BFV is predictive recoil. Please get rid of the random spread. Bring back the realism. I wan't map counts, I want Operation details, and I want an alpha sign up.

Pretty weak trailer IMO. Apparently its from War Stories and not actual MP. the MP trailer will come out June 9th they said.

The good from the reveal:

Premium Pass is gone, free content for all in seasonal updates called Tides of War. No gas masks, instead you'll have a tool box where you can make fortifications, reinforce structures, repair buildings, etc. Basically their fortnite ripoff. Operations become more dynamic in the form of Grand Operations. It sounds like maps actually change based on who wins each leg, and the gamemode can change as well. If by the 3rd leg, its a stalemate, a 4th map will be selected for a final stand mode. No details on what Final Stand is.  Cosmetics will be unlocked via gameplay. Solider customization will be a bigger thing than in any battlefield. The question on microtransactions were kind of skirted with a soft ball question. I'll assume there will be for more costmetics, but at least there are some that can be unlocked. It sounds like Destruction 2.0 is going to be back ala BFBC2. They didn't say it, but LMG's being able to destroy walls, and the tool box mechanic make it sound like its back.

The Bad

Apparently there is a new mechanic where explosions can knock you back. I feel like this is going to be BS and you'll get shot and killed pretty much every time it happens. I'll assume this only means big explosions from tanks and planes and not grenades. No yay or nay on Behemoths or Elite classes. I guess we'll have to wait for a few weeks to find out.

I'm glad the behemoths and elite classes are gone. Especially the elite classes. I'm ok with a squad based killstreak, its not that much different than BF4's system of having a commander on the team order a missile strike if we owned C base in conquest. Predictive recoil is much better than random bullet spread. They said we can loot ammo from dead people, I hope that means we can get ammo for out current kit and they removed the option of picking up the enemy's kit. I can't think of anyone that actively loved picking up a random kit and having to adjust their playstyle because they ran out of ammo. And good riddance premium pass! :D 

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I like what I'm hearing now they just need to deliver (I liked a lot of what I heard about BF1 but it was never really delivered on imo). Honestly happy that it's WWII (yea I know everybody wants modern and what not) and I like they're keeping the War Stories SP around as that was one of the main things I loved about BF1 (though I still haven't beaten the last set yet) and I really like that it's going to be stories we haven't heard and battles we haven't seen (nice little touch).

I could honestly care less about soldier customization (honestly I don't see the point. The only games I care about being able to customize my character on are MMO's and some action/rpg games) but it's nice they're finally allowing it more so than before. The whole archetype class and weapon system sounds interesting especially since I'm one of those guys that ends up doing to things no one wants and I actually play my class the way it's meant to be (I have a feeling I'll be leaning heavily toward support or medic depending on what sounds like more fun), I just hope it's implemented well and not just thrown into the game like Behemoths and Elite Classes were in BF1.

Grand Operations sounds fun especially since its kinda what we were supposed to get in BF1 but never did and I'm extremely happy that Conquest is going back to what it used to be (about time). Not to sure how I feel about Fortifications. Sounds interesting but only if it's done right, will have to wait on actual gameplay footage of this feature before I fully give my opinion.

All in all it sounds like a return to what made BF what it is along with adding new things that will eventually be ripped off them by someone else. Not going to jump on the bandwagon though, I'll wait until it comes out before I buy it instead of pre-ordering it (as I'm sick of getting burned) even if that means no beta access.

I think the most important thing is there will be no more one man army'ing it up. I felt way OP in the last few BF games. I was a one man mobile SAM in BF4, and I kept bunkers clear in BF1. Having a 1.7 KD in a BF game is a little insane. The not healing back to 100% means there has to be a medic. Even in BF3 you'd heal to about 70-80% and that last bit to 100% felt like forever to get back without a medic. I also like the ability to move AA around so planes can't dominate by remembering where they are and taking them out immediately. The low ammo count I feel conflicted on. But it should solve the sniping issue somewhat. It definitely means it will be better when you're playing with at least 2 people you know in the squad. Having a medic and support is going to be key otherwise you'll have a squad with no ammo and constantly losing tickets. 

Fortifications sound nice to guard your back in indoor situations. Hopefully there will be proper notifications when they are destroyed and they aren't ridiculous to destroy. All we need is people bunkering down hard on a flag inside. Of course driving a tank through the wall helps. It's good that full destruction is back. Plus the rocket strikes and other squad abilities have the potential to balance it out. 

I'm going to be the best damn snowman builder there ever was, you heard it hear first!

Joking aside I like what I'm seeing with fortifications, definitely going to add a whole new layer to how the game is played and really reinforce teamwork when trying to take an objective now.

1 hour ago, Strider Hiryu said:

I'm going to be the best damn snowman builder there ever was, you heard it hear first!

But to build a snowman you must think like a snowman.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.