DeathscytheX

Into the Badlands Season 3

I'm so looking forward to this. :D I'm glad Netflix has season 2. I'll have to do some rewatching. Netflix should watch it themselves so they can learn what good fight choreography looks like. Iron fist was supposed to be bad ass like this and even the extras in this show could kick his ass. XD

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Pretty good first ep. The fight between Widow and Moon was the high point. MK is a junkie, Sonny is a drunk dad, and Bajie is ripping off poor people? XD What heroic protagonists we have. The end was interesting. i wonder if that "call" Bajie made at the end of Season 2 accidentally called trouble rather than salvation? And why does this mystery group's compass point towards the badlands, rather than away like Sonny's?

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Damn its a shame this show is getting cancelled. They are trying to wrap it up by speeding up the story a lot faster than they intended too. Everyone let bygones be bygones and is one big happy alliance now. XD The fights are still great but you can tell the budget has been cut for the real martial artists and they're relying on the floaty flying tiger hidden dragon stuff. Throwing Quinn in there... AGAIN seems to just be for shock value, and I don't think they would have done that if the show wasn't ending so abruptly because it makes little sense.. that being said the entertainment value is still top notch and even in this expedited state, its better than TWD's current situation. This weeks episode was stacked with action. I don't see how they'll beable to resolve everything. I think the black locusts will never get a proper explanation or resolution.. unless Pilgrim and MK also join the super alliance to take them down in the finale which would be so anime cliche and stupid.

Ah the final season was going so good and then the end they tried to pack way to much into the finale and it ended up being as cheese as the street fighter movie at times. XD I'm not going to complain though, it still had some really awesome moments, it wouldn't have been so bad if they didn't do all the damn posing stances. The good news is they left the doors wide open for the series to continue. If I had to guess they really want to sell it for some money... probably to netflix who already streams the older eps. I really hope this happens and they ignore the last 10 seconds of the finale. There are so many more stories to tell that they didn't close out.

Spoiler

I'm glad Sonny can come back, I got a little irritated when he "died" because I felt like this is what AMC was going to do the whole time to make sure it can't be continued. MK's death was kinda meh. It was a good character turn, but the romance between him and Tilda I felt was long gone. It felt kinda wasted, especially since they gave Minerva her gift back just to do it and kill him in a more lame way than all the awesome swordsmanship that was happening before that. I'm iffy on Moon still being alive. I mean I love his character, but I had no idea he was freakin 60?! He won't be able to move like that in just a few more years... its amazing he can even carry himself like he does now at that age and look 20 years younger than he is. I wanted the Priestess to die so bad after she killed Lydia.. and even before that but damn it sucks that Moon kept getting denied his vengeance.

The gun thing at the end was dumb. That needs to be ignored. They can bring guns back to the badlands but it dosen't need to be the focal point or a game changer. The series is build on martial arts and melee weapon combat. That's what makes it so amazing. Shooting people would just take the magic of the show away. Thats why people loved it.

Finally got caught up. I loved this series. I don't get why AMC canceled it. Instead they greenlight Nosfurato... I watched the first ep of that and almost fell asleep. Moon is 60!? wtf. Him and Sunny are doing amazing for their ages.

Spoiler

I wanted to see that Priestess dead. wtf. The fight with Pilgrim was good. This season had the best fight choreography I've seen in a long time. The ending sucked hard. Its like they were setting Sunny up to be lying there for years "healing". If there was another season he'd probably wake up all Rumpelstiltskin style, dig himself out of the debris that has covered him over the years and be like "the badlands has changed so much" *gunfire off in the distance* Then he'd probably be super fast and could cut bullets or some crap. The only way I could see guns working is if everyone had gun blades from Final Fantasy. But even then you can't just shrug off a gunshot wound like in a RPG. If there is another season and somebody buys it off AMC, they need to negate that ending and keep Sunny and Bajie together as a team.

The Widow was my favorite character. Bad ass women are the best and highly under-represented in tv series and movies. Bajie was my second favorite character. He had some of the best lines. One of them went something like.. "And here you are delivering a shit of defeat out of the anus of victory." XD

If Into the Badlands is fully and completely done, then I hope the people that made it get their hands on the Xena license. I would love to see a Xena remake made by the people behind Into the Badlands.

I'm glad The 100 is still going strong. At least I can still get my strong bad ass female fix from that show.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg