I started watching this since the first 2-3 arcs are dubbed. The first two arcs are just the movies recapped. I didn't see Battle of The Gods so the first was new to me, but now I'm in the Freiza arc. I'd probably skip it, but then I'd run out of dubbed episodes faster. 

It's your typical DB series with extended fights though episodes and goofy fillers. All of the English cast has returned but man, I miss the old dub background music. Say what you want, but it added more to scenes for me than the 1970s style muffled trumpet music they used in the original DBZ and still use now.

My main reason for this post was the animation quality. I remember it getting a lot of flak for poor animation quality. While it does happen, it's not as bad as it was made out to be. A lot of those pics that came out are millsecond frames that you'd never notice. I'm not saying there isn't noticeable lapses in quality at times, but overall it doesn't ruin my enjoyment so far.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I think I was willing to give Dragon Ball Super a shot but if Hop is the female equivalent of Beerus than I've already lost interest.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

I've been reading the manga and its been fun. The chapters come out once a month but didn't cover any of those movies or golden frieza, etc. I guess the manga came out first but the anime passed it by quick but is still being made based off what is going to be written in the manga unlike the original FMA that went into it's own story in the anime. I watched a couple episodes so far, completely out of order but only scenes I've already read in the manga. Some of the fight scenes are way way more drawn out in the anime just to make an episode last longer. There was one fight with Vegeta in the anime that made him look rather stupid and it drew out the fight for the entire episode, while in the manga the fight lasted like 10 pages or so and was way better. XD

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I finished the Universe 6 vs 7 tournament arc. I thought they did a really good job with the fights. None of them really dragged on for more than 2 eps. Its just a real shame that Goku is the only one worth a damn. Thats one thing I don't miss about this series and why I've enjoyed Fairy Tail so much when everyone matters. Vegeta had some good fights and some nostalgic call backs with Final Flash and Galic Gun, but all the important fights were solely on Goku.

I do love the comedy though. The Universe Anthem was hysterical, and watching the sub vs. the dub on it, I think the dub line was better. XD  I also enjoy the relationship between Beerus and Bulma. Its also really helped Vegeta as a character as his tone is more mellow and they've added more depth to his character rather than just an angry man always trying to be the best. Beerus is a great plot device as he is undoubtedly stronger than Goku and Vegeta by an insane margin.  Along with the multiverse plot, its also given Beerus a reason to be humble enough to put up with the Z squad's goofy antics as he needs their fighters. Overall I'm impressed how they keep raising the bar while still making it somewhat believable.

Even though I don't watch this I find it funny that Broly is finally being made canon after all these years. I wonder if he's just as powerful as he was in his original appearance (and if he's still considered the Legendary Super Saiyan). I might just have to check this out (even though I know Goku will kick the crap out of him).

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

If I had to guess, he'll kill Frieza and send him back to Hell. That was a bit of an inconvenient plot device at the end of Super to revive him.  It seems they have his ship anyways by the time they get to Earth from the trailer. My only gripe is that because he kill's Frieza, they next season of DBS will be a movie recap with fillers. -_-;