DeathscytheX

Altered Carbon

Rotten Tomatoes gives this a 65% Critics score and an 88% Viewer's score. The viewers win.

I think this is going to be a new trend as fresh, more daring story telling comes out. Critics don't get it, but our generation that grew up watching multiple things outside of western culture do get it. This wasn't some masterpiece to be revered for decades, but it was a hell of a lot of fun. This was like Ghost in The Shell meets Blade Runner, without the label to create a high expectation for. The special effects were superb. The visuals were big budget movie tier minus a few shoddy moments here and there. The twist in the story may have been a bit cliche, but the action, violence, and schemes made up for it.

its 10 eps worth your time if you're in the mood for some dystopian futuristic type stuff. Its about as close to a well done live action anime we'll get since there isn't an original source to butcher.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

The trailer for this looks great to me. Just like you said, ghost in the shell meets blade runner was the exact vibe I was getting from the preview. I was going to watch the first ep last night but ended up watching that new Open House Netflix horror/thriller movie. It was ok but not amazing. I'll watch the first ep of this later today.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg