animequeen

Help in Potty Training

I have a 4-month old Siberian puppy that is undergoing potty training at home. I can say that so far she’s being a good girl following most of the house rules. My problem now is how I will be able to maintain a clean free area as I have a 2-year old niece playing around. I have tried to conduct some research and have seen these environmental-friendly dog waste disposal products online. Which among these kits do you highly recommend? Is there any other way aside from purchasing the said item?

"Life doesn't have to be so planned. Just roll with it and let it happen."

Whenever we potty train a dog we use Puppy pads and poop pick up bags:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Out-Moisture-Lock-Training-Pads-50-ct/50103910

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Out-Rainbow-Pick-Up-Bags-120ct/15204545

Any pees on the puppy pads are easily thrown in the garbage and have no real odor since they have odor lock. Poops outside (or poops on the puppy pad) get bagged up and put into a small plastic garbage can outside dedicated just for the poop bags. These poops bags have never once torn on me compared to cheap ones from the dollar store. These puppy pads are far superior to paper towels to for cleaning up accidents too for quick spot cleaning a carpet until you can hit the spot with a carpet cleaner. My brother potty trained his 3 boxers in the same way, except his garbage can outside is a full 30 gallon size with garbage bags and he uses a shovel instead of poop bags. XD

I have no idea about the quality of some of the products on that link. The fake turf with grass would probably work for small dogs for a bit, but then there would be the urine odor lingering. The poop septic thing sounds very off to me.. if that thing isn't fully sealed, heavy rain could flood it and make a disaster in the yard. I prefer to keep it simple. Puppy pads, poop bags and a spray bottle of windex antibacterial cleaner with paper towels to clean any surface contamination.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

You're welcome. ^_^ those pads make all the difference for potty training. I've seen ppl use newspaper in a training area and what a mess that is. Those pads are worth the price for the cleanliness factor.

Btw one other bit of advice I learned and wish i knew when initially potty training dogs.. if there is an accident on carpet or a rug, clean it with cold water never hot water. Preferably with a bissell carpet cleaner and not a steam cleaner. Hot water activates the chemicals in the urine to bond with the carpet fibers and makes the stink and stain way way harder to get out. And if there's a residual smell from an accident the dog will be instinctually attracted to pee on that same spot over and over again.

Is this your first dog or have you had other fur babies before? ^_^

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg