Myk JL

Snes Classic

Unlike The Nes Classic I wanted a Snes Classic. (Also N64 Classic & GC Classic but those aren't being made yet.)
Nintendo Announces SNES Classic for This Fall, Has 21 Games
Nintendo Says it is Making "Significantly More" SNES Classics than NES Classics

Unfortunately like the Nes Classic & Future Nintendo Classics they were probably already bought by Scalpers.

Super NES Classic

Hard to believe this VG Cats comic on Nintendo.
Vegonomics

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

I would actually like to own a SNES Classic. But I doubt I'll ever get my hands on one. I could just buy a retro gaming console on the cheap and buy some old game cartridges to go with it:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XXVEQPS/

Theres also the "build your own emulator" console with raspberry pi:

http://lifehacker.com/how-to-turn-your-raspberry-pi-into-a-retro-game-console-498561192

But I don't think I'd even buy one of these at this point since running an emulator on a PC is so simple and pretty much every game is available online. I'm not one of those people that illegally downloads my games, far from it. I have had a friend give me some emulator programs and a bunch of games to try out many years ago. Emulating a game doesn't seem to bother me all that much when its a game I've already paid for years and years ago and the games are so damn old, many are available to play for free on websites.

SNES Classic will have mario kart? Cool.. I just played it in another tab:

http://www.playretrogames.com/2378-super-mario-kart

Same with Contra III

http://game-oldies.com/play-online/contra-iii-the-alien-wars-nintendo-super-nes#

If Nintendo actually wants some money, the should make a massive supply of these consoles and flood the market with them. So many ebay flippers will buy the initial shipments they'll all get stuck with them while Nintendo keeps up with production. But this is Nintendo.. and that VG Cats comic is pretty damn accurate.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I was excited about his until they left out the best SNES game ever, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time (hands down the best game ever to come out on SNES (sorry Link to the Past, I love you dearly but nothing beats Turtles in Time)). Well that and Chrono Trigger (how you can release this without CT is fucking mind boggling). I might still pick one up for nostalgia sake (I do love me some Mega Man X).

Shit Sledge you can mod these things the same as a Pi, my friend has the NES classic and has the fucking thing loaded with every NES game released (plus almost all the SNES titles). Each their own though.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

A moded NES classic with all those games would be amazing. 😮

Turtles in time was the best TMNT game ever made. Chrono trigger was the best SNES game tho. Link to the past is in second place to me. If I did get this SNES classic I'd play the hell out of mega man x and super punch out. I loved beating those games repeatedly. Especially super punch out. My brothers couldn't get past the 3rd or 4th guy while I'd play out straight thru to the end with no continues. XD

https://www.polygon.com/2017/9/12/16293660/nintendo-nes-classic-edition-back-in-stock-2018

Nintendo’s NES Classic Edition mini console is coming back. Nintendo said in a release today that last year’s popular but hard to find miniature version of the Nintendo Entertainment System will return to store shelves next summer.

“I would strongly urge you not to over-bid on an SNES Classic on any of the auction sites,” he told the Financial Times, adding that Nintendo had “dramatically increased” production of the SNES Classic.

Maybe Nintendo actually wants money to go to them instead of ebay sellers. :lookup:

As much as this sucks for people that already bought an overpriced ebay one, and as much as this sucks for people that are having to wait for this... I hope they flood the market and so a ton of scalpers get left with their stock with no one to buy.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I can't believe I got my Snes Classic from Gamestop yesterday. Then again I can't believe I asked Amazon to notify me when Snes Classic would be available. And Amazon never notified me. Probably proving I missed out on the preorder if there was one. Then again that would contradict the fact Walmart had a preorder cancelation.

Anyway I'm enjoying my Snes Classic. Followed by NO I shouldn't be enjoying this.

-

The Controller

• Nostalgia: Ah, a very easy to remember button interface.
  • Modern: Where am I going to rest my palms? There are no Triggers for me to happily pull! These buttons are backwards compared to my Xbox 360 controller! My right thumb is sore.

Star Fox (2)

• Nostalgia: Ah! My Steel Battalion before Steel Battalion!.... Well minus a Snes Arcade Controller.
  • Modern: Yes but Steel Battalion is better!
  • Nostalgia: Are you going to beat Steel Battalion?
  • Modern: No.... Are you going to beat Star Fox or Star Fox 2.
  • Nostalgia: Probably not and Star Fox 2 feels more complicated.

The Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past

• Nostalgia: Wow! I found a bow in a treasure chest!
  • Modern: Yeah after fighting a bunch of soldiers who also have bows. In Skyrim I would've been able to loot their corpses for bows, armor, & other weapons. Then sell everything I don't want to a merchant.

Super Mario RPG: Legend Of The Seven Stars

• Nostalgia: I'm going grind in this area for a while.
  • Modern: Oh, you're going to grind in a children's game rather than Soul Farm in Dark Souls?

-

I haven't gotten around to playing the other games yet. Either because they weren't from my childhood. Or because I dislike Side Scrollers.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

1 hour ago, Sledgstone said:

Congrats on your purchase! Did you preorder it from gamestop? Or was it just sitting on a shelf waiting for you?

I didn't preorder from Gamestop because at the time I tried to preorder alongside Skyrim for the Switch they weren't getting Snes Classics.

What honestly happened was

1. I stayed up all night playing ESO
  2. Tried to get to sleep
  3. Remembered it was the 29th
  4. Looked on Amazon and found nothing but scalpers.
  5. Checked my e-mail for an Amazon notification that wasn't there.
  6. Saw this article while looking at my Gamespot e-mail.
  7. Left my apartment at about 8:24 AM thinking I was going to be late.
  8. Waited outside with 13 other people who were also there for there own Snes Classic.
  9. Found out Gamestop doesn't open until 10AM, There wasn't a midnight launch for Snes Classic and there were 24 available.

I think the only Modern Controller complaint I forgot was it doesn't have an on button. Woe is I for I have to lean forward to use the power & reset buttons.