DeathscytheX

Blade Runner 2049

I have watched the original Blade RUnner and I must say that it is the best film of its time. Harrison Ford has given justice to the character of Deckard and I just love the story. 

"Life doesn't have to be so planned. Just roll with it and let it happen."

I saw this movie today & liked it.

Which makes me feels bad because I'm gullible & never saw the original.

Spoiler

The Plot Twist looking back at it in hindsight feels like they copied it from The Dark Knight Rises.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

The original is a classic and will always be a movie that some people might say takes the number 1 spot, leaving 2001 A Space Odyssey on number 2. I'm not one of those people but I will say the original is in my top 5 of sci fi films of all time. I watched the sequel, which we didn't need but now that we have it, and it was at par with what I expected from the movie. Denis is great and this is a weak film for him, I know they'll give him Dune after this but it's commercial failure might not give is a quick green light but it'll be Denis who bags the Dune remake. Denis simplified the story a bit for my tastes but what I liked about him was he didn't specifically answer the question about Deckard and he didn't over explain a lot. The visuals and soundtrack were at par with the original and it felt like a continued universe, not like the Star Wars prequels vs the original trilogy where tech looks like a massive improvement in the former's case. All in all, I enjoyed the heck out of this one and it'll be a movie I own. 

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.